Lewis Hamilton 58 73.42%
Nico Rosberg 21 26.58%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2014, 14:13   #1
BHPian

Who's it gonna be: Hamilton or Rosberg

The 2014 F1 season has only two races left- Brazil and Abu Dhabi.
This year the Abu Dhabi race carries double points.

Currently Lewis Hamilton leads with 316 points which is 24 points ahead of his team-mate and championship rival Nico Rosberg who has 292 points.

If you do the maths, you can see that even if Rosberg wins both the races and Hamilton comes second, the later still wins the championship. However with circuits like Interlagos, you never know whats going to happen. And with the double points in the last race, anything can happen.

It's gonna be a crazy end to a rather boring season!!!

Who do you think is gonna win??
Attached Thumbnails
Who's it gonna be: Hamilton or Rosberg-mercedesreu_2853030b.jpg  

Naman_Ferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 20:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who's it gonna be: Hamilton or Rosberg

One and only hammer boy - Hamilton

But things would be tight at Abu Dhabi chequered flag.

My one and only wish to see our Schumi smiling from ear to ear at Merc's pit wall #getwellsoonmichael
Old 9th November 2014, 23:28   #3
BHPian

So Rosberg wins Interlagos with Hamilton right behind him

In Abu Dhabi if Rosberg wins again, Hamilton has to come second. If Hamilton comes third also, Rosberg wins but thats very unlikely.

But in F1, you never know!!!
Old 9th November 2014, 23:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

I honestly don't know who is going to win. But I want Lewis to win it. He have had better Sundays over the season. Also that Monaco debacle. And whats more? Lewis saves more fuel too.

Its all shaping up to just what Bernie wanted. And it will be crying shame if Lewis lose the title due to the stupid double at Abu Dhabi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
It's gonna be a crazy end to a rather boring season!!!
Don't know why you say that. For all the domination that Mercedes has shown, the season been far from boring.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 08:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Lewis leads 10 wins to 5 over Roserberg inspite of the Monaco and Belgium incidents. Hamilton deserves to be crowned as World Champion.
Old 10th November 2014, 10:01   #6
BHPian

Where is the poll option of "Can't say"? I think it is really difficult to say who will win. I'd say it is a 50-50 chance. None of the two have an upper hand here cuz anything can happen in the immense pressure under which the two will be driving. (something like Lewis' spin yesterday).

It will boil down to whose day it is. Honestly, I think both drivers' cars are right there at the top; again I pray none of them has to face any mechanical problem because of which they have to suffer. And, though many won't agree with me but even though Ham is a top class driver, IMO Ros isn't far behind in his talent. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, if Ham is 9.5/10 I think Ros is easily 9.2/10.

It will come down to who can perform better under the immense pressure. It will surely be worth watching. I'm getting excited just typing this

And, even Bernie wants Hamilton to win rather than Nico. Says, Mercedes will be better off with Ham as the winner.

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 10th November 2014 at 10:03.
Old 10th November 2014, 10:51   #7
BHPian

If both Mercs are reliable and finish the race without any technical difficulties, I have no doubt Hamilton will take the championship. No other team can challenge a fully reliable Mercedes 1 & 2 finish.

With more wins Hamilton surely deserves to be this years champion.
Old 10th November 2014, 11:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Right now odds are in favour of Hamilton unless he cracks. He lost 2007 WDC in such a way. He spun yesterday while pushing.

I think Rosberg will win the race & Hamilton the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
With more wins Hamilton surely deserves to be this years champion.
Sorry but that's never the criteria. Massa had more wins & more DNFs (+ S'pore race fixing) in 2008 but LH was champion because he had more points (in old scoring system - with current scoring system, LH would have yet to win a WDC).

It is what it is & if Rosberg were to win it, it is because he had more points - the only thing that matter. (However I do agree this double points thing is STUPID!)
Old 10th November 2014, 21:46   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Don't know why you say that. For all the domination that Mercedes has shown, the season been far from boring.
In my opinion the season was boring compared to the ones before. That is probably because I'm an Alonso and a Ferrari fan. And I also feel that complete domination by a single team is not as fun as close fights
Old 10th November 2014, 22:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
In my opinion the season was boring compared to the ones before. That is probably because I'm an Alonso and a Ferrari fan. And I also feel that complete domination by a single team is not as fun as close fights
The seasons prior were dominated by finger boy, Except 2012 where it went down to the last race. Yes, I do think you found it poo solely based on your love for Ferrari ^_^. Alonso comes to my favourite team next year yay : P

I vote(and hope) for Hamilton as our 2014 F1 World Champion.

Hail King Hamilton!
Old 10th November 2014, 23:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

I want Hamilton to win it, but I have this instinct that says he might be just unlucky in Abu Dhabi and the barbie girl would become a champion. I guess that's what the Mercedes team wants as well!
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 23:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
The seasons prior were dominated by finger boy, Except 2012 where it went down to the last race. Yes, I do think you found it poo solely based on your love for Ferrari ^_^. Alonso comes to my favourite team next year yay : P

I vote(and hope) for Hamilton as our 2014 F1 World Champion.

Hail King Hamilton!
Sure, they were dominated by Vettel but not in this manner. Other people also had a chance of winning without Vettel having technical issues unlike this season. But then Mercedes, Hamilton and Rosberg deserve it. Its just from a spectators point of view that i was saying that more competition would be better

And yes, Alonso is most probably going to McLaren but if the three car rule is applied, then he will get a seat in literally any team he wants including Mercedes. We just have to sit and watch.
Old 10th November 2014, 23:56   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

It's got to be Hamilton.
One, rosberg is much worse under pressure than anybody I've ever seen. And two, that though Hamilton loves the chase, and the pass, he can sit content behind rosberg if need be, say if rosberg actually is able to hold him. Rest of the people on the grid, if by some chance they are between the two with Hamilton behind, they'll gladly be a bit more wary and give way to a chasing Mercedes rather than get in the middle of that fight.
So if he falls behind, he can catch up and just follow rosberg around, causing just as much mayhem in his head as if he had overtaken.
Old 11th November 2014, 01:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Wow, so I am the only one here who wants to see Nico win. Hmm, interesting that.
Old 11th November 2014, 03:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

I want Hamilton to lose. May the luck wrath make its scheduled landing on track day and wreck that engine so Hamilton retires and Rosberg wins.

there is no way these mercedes are not finishing next to each other. Simply there is no other car in the circuit that is as fast as this mercedes.

May be some rain, some safety cars ..

I want Hamilton to lose more than Rosbern to win.

I know my wishes have a very low chance but i am betting on law of averages to make this happen.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks