Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 14:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina Circuit - Season Finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations also to Williams! They finished ahead of Ferrari in the constructors, despite having a fraction of the budget. Just shows all that's wrong with the prancing horse.
Williams finishing ahead of Ferrari should be the least of their worries. Kobayashi's fastest lap of the race was faster than Kimi's fastest race lap and slower than Alonso's fastest lap by just 0.007 seconds. That says what is currently wrong with the limping horse.
zenren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 15:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Lewis Hamilton for the race win and WDC 2014!

It's a shame that Rosberg lost his ERS half-way through the race, but it would probably not have made a difference to the final result anyway.

Good to see Williams up there on the podium. It remains to be seen if they can keep up this form for next season.

Hope to see Jenson Button on the grid next year. He has been pretty strong at the end of the season.

Good luck to Fernando and Vettel for next season.

Mercedes is still quite a bit away from others at the end of the season. Someone will have to make a huge jump in performance during the winter to match them next season. Honda is the wildcard, it will be interesting to see which way it will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Kobayashi's fastest lap of the race was faster than Kimi's fastest race lap and slower than Alonso's fastest lap by just 0.007 seconds. That says what is currently wrong with the limping horse.
I don't think the fastest laps are directly comparable. Kobayashi's fastest lap came on lap 38 on super-soft tyres, after he had stopped at the end of lap 36. By contrast, Alonso's fastest lap was on lap 45 - 18 laps after he stopped and Kimi's was on lap 46 - 20 laps after his last stop. Both Alonso and Kimi were on softs, not super-softs.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 19:03   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Williams finishing ahead of Ferrari should be the least of their worries. Kobayashi's fastest lap of the race was faster than Kimi's fastest race lap and slower than Alonso's fastest lap by just 0.007 seconds. That says what is currently wrong with the limping horse.
Maybe the horse has realised that a prancing horse never has a upraised tail, so is trying to put it down.

More seriously, they lost the plot at the outset, and with engine development frozen there was little they could do. I am sure the red cars will be back soon, more interesting may be to see where the new kid - Honda surfaces in the pile.
Old 25th November 2014, 12:00   #34
BHPian

I was first of all, disappointed by the Star Network not telecasting this on HD.
Second, I would have preferred Rosberg to win the race - maybe not the WDC but atleast the race - knowing how much of a bad loser Hamilton is, it might be better he won what he won.
Great season end for Force India. Looking forward to next season.
I hope the change are not as drastic as 2014 changes. With the new rotations in teams and drivers, I am hoping to see a more interesting year next year.
Old 25th November 2014, 21:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
@Maky

This is what is annoying about Hamilton fans.Every world champion is deserving man.They did not play ping pong and become world championships,they have put their heart and soul into it. Don't denigrate somebody just because you are a fanboy.
I don't know about other Hamilton Fans you have come across and their opinions. This is mine....the past few years were dominated by a driver who DID NOT deserve the title, not when there were certain other names in the field. That's how I feel, plain and simple. Also, not a fanboy. I admire ALO, HAM and RAI equally and now ROS as well.

FUN FACT: Nico Rosberg plays ping pong......after he's done braiding his hair.

Last edited by Maky : 25th November 2014 at 21:23.
Old 25th November 2014, 21:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I don't know about other Hamilton Fans you have come across and their opinions. This is mine....the past few years were dominated by a driver who DID NOT deserve the title
And your point being? That they were not deserving because they were won in cars which were the class of field.If that be the case then Lewis's latest championship is also not deserved,right? Why did he move out of Mclaren if he could alone get the championship? There were times when the Merc's were a second quicker in quali.Surely the RB cars of the past four years were dominant but atleast in 2010 and 2012 there were cars from other teams atleast capable of challenging for title but this year none at all.

The great Senna needed to go to Williams because their car was dominant.Just because Vettel won the championship's with a team whose car was the best does'nt make his championship's undeserving of due respect.

Anyway Lewis is not the quickest driver in the world and it is aptly proven by him being outqualified by Rosberg in the 2 years in Merc and by Button in Mclaren.Qualifying speed is the true reflection of a F1 drivers calibre.Rosberg is more of a man in my books for taking defeat on his chin and congratulating Hamilton,granted as you say after braiding his hair ...If Hamilton had lost he would have been sulking behind closed doors and throwing tantrums at everybody and this is just my opinion.

Last edited by Ascari : 25th November 2014 at 21:45.
Old 25th November 2014, 23:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway Lewis is not the quickest driver in the world and it is aptly proven by him being outqualified by Rosberg in the 2 years in Merc and by Button in Mclaren.Qualifying speed is the true reflection of a F1 drivers calibre.
My old favorite Jarno Trulli was a master of Quali but the opposite in a race. Got him a race win only at Monaco!

IMO true reflection is adaptability and race craft. Kimi this year is another example.. very poor on adaptability.. next is Vettel.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 10:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And your point being? That they were not deserving because they were won in cars which were the class of field.If that be the case then Lewis's latest championship is also not deserved,right? Why did he move out of Mclaren if he could alone get the championship? There were times when the Merc's were a second quicker in quali.Surely the RB cars of the past four years were dominant but atleast in 2010 and 2012 there were cars from other teams atleast capable of challenging for title but this year none at all.

The great Senna needed to go to Williams because their car was dominant.Just because Vettel won the championship's with a team whose car was the best does'nt make his championship's undeserving of due respect.

Anyway Lewis is not the quickest driver in the world and it is aptly proven by him being outqualified by Rosberg in the 2 years in Merc and by Button in Mclaren.Qualifying speed is the true reflection of a F1 drivers calibre.Rosberg is more of a man in my books for taking defeat on his chin and congratulating Hamilton,granted as you say after braiding his hair ...If Hamilton had lost he would have been sulking behind closed doors and throwing tantrums at everybody and this is just my opinion.
This is a car biased Formula. There is no debating this Ascari.
My point being, said drivers were/are better drivers than VET. That is to say if all were put in the same car I doubt VET would have won so easily If at all. My opinion is, VET is not on the same level as ALO or HAM is why I(we?) do not respect him. This is my only reasoning for disliking him being our WDC for past few years.

Lewis is an emotional being and I do not care much for his juvenile comments/opinions at times but that doesn't mean you question his talent. I have gained a lot of respect for ROS simply because he's been able to outperform HAM in races this year on merit and the graciousness he displayed after his defeat top man, after he got done braiding his hair ; ). I'm still of the opinion that HAM is a better rounded driver. Just as ALO, in my opinion, is a better overall driver than HAM.

I hope I have explained myself thoroughly here.
Old 26th November 2014, 11:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

To me there isnt a doubt that Hamilton is the quickest driver on the grid. I think Interlagos this year was proof to that. Yes its true that one lap pace is really important but today in F1 that is down to so many parameters. How much Energy one has recovered, the heat in the tyres and brakes and so on. After all, points are only awarded after the race is finished and in this alone, Hamilton has shown he is better than Nico.

Vettel and Alonso to me are more rounded drivers who dont just keep pushing the pedal to the metal. Strategy, tyre saving, fuel saving etc are where these two excel. Ive heard numerous times Hamilton asking his engineer on what strategy to adopt and when they need to stop and what buttons to push to make the car more driveable/quicker. Hamilton can really drive fast but I think with more experience he could be a lot more better overall. Vettel has learnt this really fast and Alonso excels in it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks