Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2014, 20:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Sure? Kimi Raikkonen has more than proven Felipe's real abilities this year. Felipe was always there & thereabouts with the beard man over the 4 years. Kimi is nowhere.
So question is why did Ferrari get rid of Alonso and not Kimi? With current state of affairs at Ferrari, and the way car was developed around Alonso, it would not be worth comparing performance of two drivers in two different seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Firstly I think Ferrari need to sort out who will head the team. Latest rumours are linking Maurizio Arrivabene (marlboro boss) to replace Mattiaci with Ross Brawn returning as Technical boss and Aldo Costa returning as chief designer. Valterri Bottas is linked to a race seat in 2016 when Kimi's contract runs out.

Source: Motorsport.com
That's official now!
Latest rumor is that Ferrari will be replacing prancing horse in their logo with a donkey.
(Found this gem in a fan forum)
Old 25th November 2014, 23:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
So question is why did Ferrari get rid of Alonso and not Kimi?
Alonso left but the answer is simply because he wanted excellence that Ferrari could not deliver. Get rid of Kimi..AGAIN!?

I like the donkey idea!!

Last edited by Hatari : 25th November 2014 at 23:29.
Old 26th November 2014, 11:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Well more than Ferrari getting rid of Alonso, it was the latter who opted to leave Ferrari and he made this public during the summer break. Alonso has now revealed that Mattiaci even sent numerous mails and made several calls to the spaniard asking him to reconsider. Something tells me, Mattiaci was kicked out because he didnt convince Alonso to stay. I've also read that Bernie has played a big role in getting Mattiaci out of F1. He apparently rubbed the supremo by pushing the engine freeze rules and being over critical of the sport.

In another news, seems like our new driver is right on the job and isnt wasting a single moment. Slightly impressed by these images. Commitment in spades! This was taken at the young drivers test in Abu Dhabi yesterday. He looks so keen and is like a child at a candy shop. Good luck Seb!

Image source: Google
Attached Thumbnails
Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari-sebastianvettel_3233464.jpg  

Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari-dms1425no59.jpg  

Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari-ferrarisebastianvettel_3233467.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 12:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Move to drop Mattiaci is more of a political one. Apparently he is now out of entire Fiat group as well, not just Ferrari. That's a bit surprising and seems unfair on the guy. He seemed to know what he was doing.

Sebastian will obviously be keen to get started immediately, but he won't be able to drive the car anytime soon.
Old 26th November 2014, 16:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In another news, seems like our new driver is right on the job and isnt wasting a single moment. Slightly impressed by these images. Commitment in spades! This was taken at the young drivers test in Abu Dhabi yesterday. He looks so keen and is like a child at a candy shop. Good luck Seb!

Image source: Google
Whatever else we might say about Seb, we have to give it to him for his sense of commitment.

I can confirm this pic first hand

Last year, at Budh, I was at BIC on the night of his 4th crown. Before leaving the track at around 10.00pm I had gone in to pits to meet some of my marshall colleauges to bid farewell. They were hanging around the #1 garage (RBR). When I reached there they drew my attention to a man lugging a heavy tool box in to one of the containers - It was none other than Sebastian Vettle.

Mind you the race got over around 5.00 pm and he was still in pits, helping the crew to pack - up.

Yest one year down the line the man is going to be in another camp - by the looks of it he is doing the right thing to get his synergy with the team right.

All the Best Seb

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 18:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing that with us sir. He comes across as that sort of guy. Michael Schumacher was a lot like this as well in his younger days and even in the glory days of working with Ferrari.

When you are a champ, fame and such things can make the individual a lot thickheaded that he was or should be. This is definitely impressive of Vettel to be there just to hear radio telemetry. We dont see Alonso in the Mclaren garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine
Move to drop Mattiaci is more of a political one. Apparently he is now out of entire Fiat group as well, not just Ferrari. That's a bit surprising and seems unfair on the guy. He seemed to know what he was doing.
My gut feeling is that Marchionne was not happy about Mattiaci unable to hold on to Alonso and for not getting close enough to Bernie Ecclestone.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 20:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My gut feeling is that Marchionne was not happy about Mattiaci unable to hold on to Alonso and for not getting close enough to Bernie Ecclestone.
Looking at the statement from Marchionne about Arrivabene (below) he just talks about relationship with F1 commission (which also implies Bernie). Looks like thats the reason he is brought in, most probably the reason Mattiacci was replaced as well.

Maurizio brings a unique set of experiences with him. In addition to his long-standing relationship with our team, he has also served on the F1 Commission and is already keenly aware of the challenges we face.

"He has a thorough understanding of the governance mechanisms and requirements of the sport, the level of competition and the challenges of the circuit.

Also the statement concludes with:

"We would also like to thank Marco Mattiacci for his service to Ferrari in the last 15 years and we wish him well in his future endeavours."

...which means he not just moves to another division in Fiat-Chrysler, but is rather 'fired'.

Below article is an interesting read:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116930

Moreover Alonso moving on has been on the cards for quite sometime, much before Mattiacci even came into the picture.

Quote:
We dont see Alonso in the Mclaren garage.
McLaren haven't officially confirmed their 2015 lineup (by Ron Dennis' statements won't happen before 1-Dec). If you note, neither Button nor Magnussen are in McLaren garage.

Last edited by narayans80 : 26th November 2014 at 20:11.
Old 26th November 2014, 20:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We dont see Alonso in the Mclaren garage.
Wow! That was fast; I expected criticisms on Alonso later in the year but it looks like the "Ferrari and the sour grape" syndrome is slowly kicking in. McLaren has not even announced Alonso as their driver yet. So how can he hang around the McLaren garage even if he wanted to?

P.S: I'm not an Alonso fan but this is probably a little over the top comparison.
Old 27th November 2014, 11:23   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You give too much credit to Alonso. Like already posted new boss (what's his name) wanted close ties with people in F1 commission so that Ferrari gets to keep it's "privileged" status in F1. They reportedly get several million $$ from B.E. just to turn up and race. Mattiaci was not that person. The new man is. From the past, Williams also removed their CEO (Adam Parr) seemingly because B.E. wasn't pleased. Shortly after, they secured a one time bonus worth millions of $$ from B.E.

Both teams I support, are in bed with B.E.!!!

Last edited by asr245 : 27th November 2014 at 11:26.
Old 27th November 2014, 13:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren
Wow! That was fast; I expected criticisms on Alonso later in the year but it looks like the "Ferrari and the sour grape" syndrome is slowly kicking in. McLaren has not even announced Alonso as their driver yet. So how can he hang around the McLaren garage even if he wanted to?

P.S: I'm not an Alonso fan but this is probably a little over the top comparison.
It isnt a criticism really. Was more pointing towards Vettels dedication to this profession. It has taken me by surprise too. Most champs/stars dont get too embroiled in winter testing and let alone young drivers testing. Vettel has been criticised by Helmut Marko saying he has breached his contract by visiting the Ferrari pit garage. As far as I know, Ferrari havent tied Alonso down or restricted him from testing in the past two days.

I am very much a Alonso fan and wouldnt mind if he pulled a few overtakes on the Ferrari's during races next year. I would even support a title bid if he can manage one. I must've matured or the sour grape syndrome would exist in spades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245
Like already posted new boss (what's his name) wanted close ties with people in F1 commission so that Ferrari gets to keep it's "privileged" status in F1. They reportedly get several million $$ from B.E. just to turn up and race. Mattiaci was not that person. The new man is.
I'm a bit of a Nando fan boy no doubt!! Which ferrari fan wouldnt?! No ferrari driver has pushed a mediocre car the way he has in the past 5 years. I think back and feel how did he mount 3 title bids in such a ordinary car?

It was recently revealed by a few that Mattiaci was given the task to try and secure Alonso's services for a few more years. A final negotiation of some sort. Its only an assumption but I feel this could be a reason also. Quite a severe punishment to be "fired" for not being close to Ecclestone. Couldve sent him back to North America where he was doing a stellar job in car sales/marketing.
Old 27th November 2014, 15:22   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Latest rumor is that Ferrari will be replacing prancing horse in their logo with a donkey.
Well this will be referring to Alonso! Due to his prominent and protruding ears Fernando was referred to as the Burro (donkey) by many Ferrari fans who did not like him. I suggest instead of the upright tail maybe it can be put between his legs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks