Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 08:25   #1
BHPian

Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel, following the footsteps of his fellow countryman, has joined Ferrari on a 3 year deal.

Coming from Red Bull, Ferrari will be a big challenge for Vettel. We have to wait and see if he is a hit or a miss.

Full news here..

Mods - Couldn't find any existing thread, hence starting new one.

Last edited by satan's_valet : 21st November 2014 at 08:29.
satan's_valet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 08:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari

Ferrari and Vettel.

To me, it looks like a marriage of great convenience. Both couldn't continue with the status quo and joined hands. Ferrari with Alonso' departure and need for some fresh blood and another superstar. And Vettel with RBR firmly putting all their weight behind the impressive Ricciardo.

And I am really keen to see how this is going to pan out. I think we finally may get some clues for the following debate.

This http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...he-legend.html

OR

this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...just-car.html?

deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 09:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Vettel has a long way to go before he can match what Alonso did with the car in the past 5 years. Luckily he has time on his hands and the experience of the beating received from Ricciardo this season will help him improve.

I feel a lot sad for Alonso to have wasted 5 years of his prime in that truck called Ferrari. Hope he goes to someplace where he finds a team matching his ability and ambition.

As for Ferrari, good luck. You will need it!
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 10:19   #4
BANNED

Great news, now with Alonso moving to McLaren with the new Honda engine. That will be interesting. The old 1500 Honda Turbo was reputed to be 1100 bhp plus, so they were the kings. They reverted to normal aspiration since the Honda Turbo was simply too powerful.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 10:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is this the first time Ferrari will have 2 drivers who were both beaten by their team mates in the previous season?
Hatari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 10:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

This could blow up in Vettels face. Thats the only bad thing that could come off this announcement. The team need atleast a couple of years to get back to the front and with mercedes stopping the lifting of the engine freeze, things look even more grim for Ferrari. I dont know what Ferrari think Vettel can do that Alonso cant. Its going to be a sad weekend for me watching Alonso race his last scuderia F1 car.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 11:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I dont know what Ferrari think Vettel can do that Alonso cant. Its going to be a sad weekend for me watching Alonso race his last scuderia F1 car.
Alonso is leaving Ferrari. Given the circumstances, the next best alternative is to get the 4 time world champion.

By luck, if they stumble upon on a good base for the car, Vettel will do well as he has done in RB.

Now hoping for Alonso to get second place in the race with Ros winning
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 11:34   #8
BANNED

One must remember that Ferrari is the most iconic tag so every race driver strives for the prancing horse at some point.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 16:57   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fonso's moving away from Ferrari is understandable. He was frustrated with the car, the team and their demand for a long-term commitment with no guarantees. Too bad that he wasted his best years with the red truck.

Just wondering why Vettel would leave Red Bull which was a dominating force till only a year back? I can't think of any other reason than Newey pursuing other interests.

It's going to be tough for Vettel, but beating Kimi is probably easier than Daniel . Plus, everyone lambasted Hamilton for leaving McLaren. Just look where it took him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Is this the first time Ferrari will have 2 drivers who were both beaten by their team mates in the previous season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I dont know what Ferrari think Vettel can do that Alonso cant.
They had to keep their fans happy and Alonso leaves big shoes to fill. Who else was a possibility?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 17:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Just wondering why Vettel would leave Red Bull which was a dominating force till only a year back? I can't think of any other reason than Newey pursuing other interests.
Probably also because he knows Daniel is #1 now at RB and he doesn't want that embarrassment anymore. (Webber would have had a grin on his face throughout this year)
Imagine going from hero to zero in just a year.

Having said that, Ferrari and Alonso were my favorite and I wish Alonso makes a come back at McLaren although I really hoped it would have happened at Ferrari.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 18:30   #11
BHPian

Well, my Ferrari supporting days are over. Its been a long time since I have supported them and loved them to bits even when they were not winning and part of the reason was good drivers to look up to. Alonso was a good driver and his performances and his motivation kept my support for Ferrari going. I will miss him and most probably will be supporting Mclaren if he moves there. This is the first time my loyality will shift from Ferrari because of a driver otherwise my loyalties always shifted drivers because of Ferrari.

And there is only one reason for that, my dislike towards Vettel. For me the first sign of greatness is humilty and Vettel is everything but humble.

I dont think I will be able to overcome my dislike for him to support Ferrari. I still like Kimi and would hope for the best for him.

But its an emitional good bye to Ferrari, F1 from me, atleast till the Vettel is with them.

I will always lust for their Road Cars though.

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 21:43   #12
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2014 at 14:53.
jfxavier is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st November 2014, 22:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Well, my Ferrari supporting days are over. Its been a long time since I have supported them and loved them to bits even when they were not winning and part of the reason was good drivers to look up to. Alonso was a good driver and his performances and his motivation kept my support for Ferrari going. I will miss him and most probably will be supporting Mclaren if he moves there. This is the first time my loyality will shift from Ferrari because of a driver otherwise my loyalties always shifted drivers because of Ferrari.

And there is only one reason for that, my dislike towards Vettel. For me the first sign of greatness is humilty and Vettel is everything but humble.

I dont think I will be able to overcome my dislike for him to support Ferrari. I still like Kimi and would hope for the best for him.

But its an emitional good bye to Ferrari, F1 from me, atleast till the Vettel is with them.

I will always lust for their Road Cars though.

Regards
Rachit
Exact same sentiments. I also love the scarlets but i totally dislike vettel. I would support Kimi though. The new season with the different driver - team combo should be interesting. Lets see if Alonson spins some magic. He has just wasted his career at Ferrari.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 23:23   #14
BHPian

Am I the only one who likes Vettel here?

It is going to be an uphill task for him, but it will be exciting to see what he will do to tame the prancing horse.
Old 22nd November 2014, 03:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Rather than talking about Vettel, Am actually happy that Alonso has moved on and chosen a right team to move to. With the engine freeze in place, McLaren's new partnership with Honda for next year is probably the best gamble available. I hope it pays of for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just wondering why Vettel would leave Red Bull which was a dominating force till only a year back?
Few guesses:

- Renault engine teams in general are struggling. Lotus is moving onto Merc power next year. That leaves only Toro Rosso apart from RBR. No changes to engine next year, so next year is also a write off (most likely). Christian Horner's statements on engine freeze aren't showing better signs for RBR's title hopes next year.

- Being consistently beaten by your teammate almost all year when you are fresh from your 4th WDC title.

- Big fat 'offer he couldn't refuse' from the prancing horse
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks