Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2014, 16:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2015 F1 Season, Calendar & Rule Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
So finally Mclaren have confirmed their 2015 driver lineup.
Button will be partnering with Alonso for the 2015 season for Mclaren.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
It is still not officially announced/confirmed by McLaren. These are still rumors, though from multiple credible British media.
Its confirmed alright.
Button to stay at McLaren. Official F1 portal.

I see that as a good move. I like JB. One of the more relaxed and "normal" men on the grid. Bad news for Kevin Magnussen, who'll now settle for test role. Probably with the hope of a promotion next year after a proper farewell to JB.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th December 2014 at 16:29.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 16:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its official now, I am happy that Button has a drive for next year!
Old 11th December 2014, 16:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Finally! Button to partner Alonso. K Mag is the 3rd and reserve drive.

Source : McLaren twitter feed
Old 11th December 2014, 17:22   #19
BHPian

Suhweet! Button & Eyebrow man! That is quite a potent combination.

Let's just hope Macca-Honda can bring the fight to the Mercs next year. I don't have any hopes from the Renault powered teams. Don't know whether Finger Boy & Fezza can pull some magic, I have my doubts about that as well.

All said and done, can't wait for 2015! I hope Hammertime-ton & Loss-berg fight fair & square each and every race, and the JB-Eyebrow Man combo keeps them on their toes all year long!

Bring it on!
Old 11th December 2014, 17:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

So we have 2 teams in 2015 grid where both drivers are former world champions - one where both drivers convincingly defeated their team mates and the other where both drivers were decimated by their team mates.

Winner's battle at McLaren: Alonso vs Button

Loser's battle at Ferrari: Vettel vs Raikkonen

Should be interesting!
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 18:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Winner's battle at McLaren: Alonso vs Button

Loser's battle at Ferrari: Vettel vs Raikkonen

Should be interesting!
Do you mean to say Vettel and Raikkonen are both losers? I think you are jumping the gun a bit. One season "off" for both doesn't make them losers. I think we should wait for first 4 races to conclude.

I like Fernando's driving and dedication a LOT. But if we get to deciding losers, his behaviour in Mclaren in 2007 and his involvement in the Singapore 2008 Crashgate make him a permanent "winner" in the losers' shootout.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 19:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Do you mean to say Vettel and Raikkonen are both losers? I think you are jumping the gun a bit. One season "off" for both doesn't make them losers. I think we should wait for first 4 races to conclude.

I like Fernando's driving and dedication a LOT. But if we get to deciding losers, his behaviour in Mclaren in 2007 and his involvement in the Singapore 2008 Crashgate make him a permanent "winner" in the losers' shootout.
I'm just going by statistics of this year:

Raikkonen finished 106 point behind his team mate Alonso - worst difference among all the intra team battles this season. Vettel finished 71 points behind his team mate - only better than Raikkonen in the intra team battles and same difference as Button-Magnussen.

Between Raikkonen, Vettel and Magnussen, Kevin can at least be given a benefit of doubt that he was in his rookie season. However, the other two are former world champions and clearly were not able to make the most out of the car they got.

I've been a huge fan of Raikkonen but that doesn't take away the fact that the 2014 season was really bad for him. Same thing goes with Vettel too. I'm not saying there is no future potential or that they would not bounce back. I'm hoping for that next season. However, numbers for the 2014 season clearly speak about it. Even if you are a fan of Kimi/Vettel or a hater of Alonso/Button, you still have to give it to ALO/BUT/RIC that they were drivers who largely exceeded what their cars/team mates were capable of extracting out of their cars. In case of Vettel, he is lucky that Ricciardo got disqualified from the Australian GP and hence lost 18 points. Otherwise, that 71 point difference would have been 89 points difference.

EDIT: I'll still be continuing to root for Kimi next season.

Last edited by zenren : 11th December 2014 at 19:09.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 19:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

What statistics? By statistics, every driver except Mercedes drivers are Losers!

Its true that Alonso/Button/Daniel beat their team mates, but that doesn't make the other driver a Loser. Appalling level of respect for the drivers!

Quote:
I'm just going by statistics of this year:
Old 11th December 2014, 22:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Pat Fry and chief designer Nikolas Tombazis are set to follow Stefano Domenicali, Luca Marmorini, Luca di Montezemolo, Marco Mattiacci, Fernando Alonso and Andrea Stella.

This is bizarre from Ferrari. The problem cannot simply be with the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
What statistics? By statistics, every driver except Mercedes drivers are Losers!

Its true that Alonso/Button/Daniel beat their team mates, but that doesn't make the other driver a Loser. Appalling level of respect for the drivers!
I'm sure Rosberg's not feeling too good about himself either.
In my book, for Kimi, a WDC, to perform the way he did is appalling.

Last edited by Hatari : 11th December 2014 at 22:49.
Old 12th December 2014, 08:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Tombazis decided to leave, he is following Alonso to Mclaren. Bob Bell is coming in March, Pat Fry would be leaving by then. Rob Marshall from Redbull is also linked to Ferrari while Simone will be doing an elevated role in place of Tombazis. Ferrari is strengthening the team very well and its normal for engineers to follow top drivers when they move to other teams, its not the first time an F1 season is going to start with top driver movements, it shouldnt have been a surprise!

I still believe the reason for getting Marco Mattiacci was because of pressure from Bernie, he was a tough nut for Bernie to handle! Ferrari brought in an even more ruthless gentleman Arrivabene but someone who has worked a lot with Bernie, it was a good move from Ferrari.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Pat Fry and chief designer Nikolas Tombazis are set to follow Stefano Domenicali, Luca Marmorini, Luca di Montezemolo, Marco Mattiacci, Fernando Alonso and Andrea Stella.

Have read enough from that book through 2014 season, but the drivers deserve respect. Period!

Quote:
I'm sure Rosberg's not feeling too good about himself either.
In my book, for Kimi, a WDC, to perform the way he did is appalling.
Old 12th December 2014, 10:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post

Personally - I'd be extremely happy to see Mr. Fry leave Ferrari for good. From the day he arrived, Ferrari's cars have been absolute winners - if competing in dog-cart races. Nowhere else. Its more than proven that he has done absolutely no good in the technical design area. Then why keep him? Especially when someone of the caliber of James Alison is now available to take control?
Old 12th December 2014, 10:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 F1 Season, Calendar & Rule Changes-f1mclarendriverannouncement2014fernandoalonsoandrondennischairmanceoofmclaren.jpg

I am sure everyone who has followed the 2007 season up close will find that photo very weird.

Quote:
So do we buy this reconciliation? Or do we think it is window-dressing?
THE UNLIKELIEST MARRIAGE: NOTES FROM BEHIND THE SCENES OF A DAY AT MCLAREN A brilliant capture by James Allen! Don't miss.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 11:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Attachment 1317507

I am sure everyone who has followed the 2007 season up close will find that photo very weird.
Hilarious picture indeed! Nando's expressions says "gotcha! "

Btw whats with that beard since some months now?? Or he wants to get rid of "the eyebrow man" name?
Old 12th December 2014, 11:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Btw whats with that beard since some months now?? Or he wants to get rid of "the eyebrow man" name?
Maybe he will shave it off and trim his hair too during the testing to add to the 6 tenths of a second that he brings to McLaren.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 14:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Maybe he will shave it off and trim his hair too during the testing to add to the 6 tenths of a second that he brings to McLaren.
Hahahaha, couldn't stop laughing bringing back old memories of Nando at McLaren.

Ron has definitely got his cat in the bag now. Let's look at next year with anticipation.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed