Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2015, 21:02   #1
BHPian

Hickman's Club: King Kenny Roberts tutors Lorenzo

For those who want to learn a thing or two about King Kenny Roberts - Lorenzo turned to the king to learn how not to crash in wet weather. Even Rossi's jaw dropped when Kenny dropped the hammer at Indy Mile. I was not a Roberts fan growing up, more a Sheene fan.

http://superbikeplanet.com/image/arc...reeke-1988.pdf

Enjoy.

Krishna

Last edited by GTO : 5th January 2015 at 14:48. Reason: Removing excessive dots
ksanjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 13:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Hickman's Club: King Kenny Roberts tutors Lorenzo

Thank you for the link - enjoyed reading it immensely. It was nice to know how they fought it out in the ranch. Wish we had some facilities like that in India.

-Anoop
Old 5th January 2015, 14:53   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hickman's Club: King Kenny Roberts tutors Lorenzo

Sweet read. Here's an article on the same:

Quote:
Asked to gauge Lorenzo's progress while undergoing the infamous Roberts torture test, the former three-time world champion said, "He rode every day. And he picked it up quite quickly. He's very aggressive. I mean, not because he's faster than anybody I trained, obviously. It's just that he don't want you to go past him. He's just got a, 'No, you can't pass me' type of attitude. He's in front; he's just not going to let you by. The track seemed to get a lot wider than it ever had, with him, because of that. I've trained, and worked with, Wayne (Rainey), and Eddie (Lawson), and all the good guys, and he's certainly one of them. And he's very difficult on himself."
Old 6th January 2015, 14:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Thank you for the link - enjoyed reading it immensely. It was nice to know how they fought it out in the ranch. Wish we had some facilities like that in India.

-Anoop
We may not have something as sophisticated as the Ranch but do check out Bigrock. You can google it. India's very own CS Santosh (currently riding in the Dakar) runs the place and offers something similar.
killjoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 16:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
We may not have something as sophisticated as the Ranch but do check out Bigrock. You can google it. India's very own CS Santosh (currently riding in the Dakar) runs the place and offers something similar.
Yes - saw that in the malayalam movie Bangalore Days and then googled about it. Have decided that I will be going there, but unfortunately, the plans never materialized yet.

--Anoop
Old 6th January 2015, 20:29   #6
BHPian

Big Rock it is ! will go some time in the near future. I have not ridden in almost 5 years. Suffering withdrawal. This should do it. I have never ridden a moto cross bike or on a Moto cross track.

Any Team BHPians been there and would care to share their experience?

Thanks for the link.

K

Most Viewed