Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 14:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Australian GP - Albert Park - Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The live timing app in formula1 website is now a paid option
The full version is actually nice to follow when you are watching the race I had the mobile version last season, the desktop version didn't exist then. The annual pricing is 27 USD for India and 27 EUR for EU countries.
Old 13th March 2015, 15:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Star Sports have 4 channels in SD and there is only 1 cricket match at the time of Australian GP - Pakistan vs Ireland. West Indies vs UAE should be over by the time of race start. If Star Sports thinks that the post-match analysis of the WI-UAE match is going to have a better viewership than an F1 race, we might be in for some really bad TV experience this entire season.

There are 2 options in starsports.com:
Daily pass @ 100 for just the race day. (considering other days have telecast)
All season pass @ 500 for the entire season. (considering the stance of Star Sports, this might not be the only instance of no telecast.

Still thinking which option to go for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Can we start the T-Bhp mini league again ?
2015 Fantasy league thread already started:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...sy-league.html

We would be tracking Badger GP and GP Predictor.
Old 13th March 2015, 20:24   #33
BHPian

Is there any way of watching the qualifying online?
Naman_Ferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 20:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Try firstrow1.eu. Had used last year for watching races for the 11 races Rai doesn't broadcast. Its just an aggregator site where you can see from different sources. Streaming quality is pretty variable, depending on source.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 09:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Finally purchased F1 all season pass @ starsports.com for 500.

They allow live streaming on mobile devices using the Star Sports app as well. Hopefully, I might be able to use it for watching the races while I'm travelling over the weekends.

Definitely a better buy than the official F1 app @ 1575 which still wouldn't support live streaming
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 11:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
This site is good, used it to watch most of the races last year.

http://www.vipleague.tv/motorsports/...am-online.html
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 12:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Finally purchased F1 all season pass @ starsports.com for 500.

They allow live streaming on mobile devices using the Star Sports app as well. Hopefully, I might be able to use it for watching the races while I'm travelling over the weekends.

Definitely a better buy than the official F1 app @ 1575 which still wouldn't support live streaming
I signed up as well, but my god their streaming sucks!

Here I am, sitting with a 60Mbps FTTH line at home. But the freaking thing wont stream at even 2Mbps! Pathetic!

What an utter waste of 500 bucks.
Old 14th March 2015, 12:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

0.594 of a second!

The world champion has just destroyed his team mate. And the former is still complaining about vibrations. Nico looks really dejected in front of the media wall after Q3.

And Ferrari looks very good!! Awesome job on the PU by the team. Love it. Williams shades it a bit. Bottas could have made it an all Williams second row if not for his mistake. If the red cars retain the advantage on Sunday from the last couple of seasons, Vettel/ Kimi could be looking at P3.

And it looks like Alonso has made one more bad career move. To the wrong team at the wrong time. Or can they get it all together as the season goes from that very aggressive packaging? A big question!

RBR has big drivability issues with the Renault PU. So, great job by Ricciardo to beat the Toro Rosso. And brilliant by Sainz Jr. Hope he has inherited the gifts of rally craft from his dad for a better Sunday.

Cant wait for tomorrow.

Last edited by deetjohn : 14th March 2015 at 12:47. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 12:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened up and down the field during the winter, the top teams remain more or less the same:
  • Mercedes battle for 1-2.
  • Williams-Ferrari battle for 3-6
  • Red Bull-Lotus-Toro Rosso battle for final points.
  • Force India-Sauber battle for the capitalizing on retirements to earn points. Incidentally, neither team has budget to develop over the season and hence unlikely to improve further.
  • McLaren-Manor battle for the back row once Manor gets ready to race. I have a feeling Alonso's doctors might advise 6 months rest on seeing McLaren's performance.

Lotus has taken over McLaren's position last year using that Mercedes engine while McLaren has taken up Lotus's position by giving away their Mercedes PU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Here I am, sitting with a 60Mbps FTTH line at home. But the freaking thing wont stream at even 2Mbps! Pathetic!
I ended up streaming at 864kbps on my 8" tablet for break-free streaming. Quality was not too bad on the smaller screen size, though nowhere close to the HD they promised.

Last edited by zenren : 14th March 2015 at 12:55.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 13:58   #40
BHPian

Can someone tell me what time tomorrow (Sunday) the live streaming would begin on the Sky Sports streaming sites mentioned a few posts ago?

When I look at the Sky Sports web site for the TV schedule, it says 11:30 a.m., but I am not sure whether that's supposed to be UK time or India time. It seems logical that it would be India time (considering the race is at 4 p.m. Oz time), but why would Sky Sports UK show India time in their TV Guide?

Thanks and cheers
Old 14th March 2015, 14:55   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hamilton takes the pole, with a gap of 0.6 seconds to Rosberg! What an astonishing lap.

Good car by Williams-Mercedes too. Seeing its poise, Williams will probably manage a handful of victories when Mercedes goofs up this season.

Sebastian Vettel - good career move? Ferrari has made progress and he's 0.6 seconds faster than Ricciardo (who he couldn't beat when he was with Red Bull).

Poor Alonso. He should get an award for the ability to choose the wrong team each & every time. McLaren-Honda qualify last! I'd mentioned earlier that the rules of this game have changed, and it won't be easy for Honda to walk in and be competitive right away. But this bad?!! I don't remember the last time I saw McLarens at the back of the grid.
Old 14th March 2015, 15:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Can someone tell me what time tomorrow (Sunday) the live streaming would begin on the Sky Sports streaming sites mentioned a few posts ago?
Tomorrow, the race starts at 10:30 AM IST. Australian time, the race starts at 4:00 PM. IST is 5 hours 30 minutes behind Melbourne time.

Don't know if it will be broadcast on any TV channel, but if the star sports F1 pass does an ad-free broadcast, then it's gonna be swell!

I'll need to figure out how to stream the iPad to the TV
Old 14th March 2015, 15:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
McLaren-Honda qualify last! I'd mentioned earlier that the rules of this game have changed, and it won't be easy for Honda to walk in and be competitive right away. But this bad?!! I don't remember the last time I saw McLarens at the back of the grid.
McLaren had the biggest possible change in fortunes for the season opener - from a double podium last year to the back row start this year with the same pair of drivers!
Old 14th March 2015, 17:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

I think it's very safe to say this isn't the true Honda pace. They probably are going to use the entire grand prix race distance as pre-season testing!....this and possibly the next few.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we will not see a competitive Honda till atleast the second half given how poor their actual pre-season testing went.

It's very nice to see how close Williams and Ferrari are. It's close between Vettel and Raikkonen as well, should be a fun inter-team battle there.
Old 14th March 2015, 19:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

The way it looks at Melbourne, Ferrari/Red Bull/Williams have as much chance of beating Mercedes as McLaren do.. None!

Incredible pace, as we expected. Honda can use the entire year as a testing session.
Game starts 2016.

Most Viewed