Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2015, 12:18   #61
BHPian

Re: 2015 Australian GP - Albert Park - Race Thread

Right...So, here's the situation as it pans out.

Mercs are light years ahead of any other team, when it comes to race pace.

Ferrari & Williams are next in line, very close to each other.

Sauber, Toro Rosso have good cars as well. Rookies seem to be driving very well.

Red bull are somewhere in the middle. Definitely enough pace to bring the fight to Ferrari & Williams, as long as the Renault PU doesn't crap out.

McLaren are bringing up the rear. No race pace whatsoever.

All in all, snooze fest again while Hammer time & Crash-berg run rings around the competition.

Lol its Arnie for the podium interview, crowd goes wild!

Oh, and switch to the Star Sports online coverage! No ads!

Watch wherever you want, rewind as much as you want! Many thanks to Zenren for sharing that.

Last edited by sourav9385 : 15th March 2015 at 12:21.
sourav9385 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 15:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
All in all, snooze fest again while Hammer time & Crash-berg run rings around the competition.
So were the rest of the grid. Only Kimi was providing some entertainment, which the Ferrari pit crew screwed up.
Old 15th March 2015, 17:25   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Formula-YAWN!

What a boring race. Watched it till the end with my buddies. If it weren't for their company, I doubt I would've finished it.

Of course, hats off to Hamilton for driving a flawless race. On the flip side, he & the Merc are so quick that it makes things bland for viewers. There's really no action at the front end. Am sure this season will have some fights between Hamilton & Rosberg, but it does appear that no other team is in contention right now. Maybe a flash-in-the-pan victory from Ferrari & Williams, that's it. Speaking of which, it was nice to see Vettel on the podium. He was genuinely overjoyed. He sure has learned his Italian real fast.

Surprised that only 11 cars finished the race. Even more surprised that McLaren was last . Honestly, Alonso should just sit out this season. He's too good for the car that McLaren-Honda have built. It'll be a shame to see a driver of Fonso's character fighting it out with the back benchers.

F1 is losing viewership and it's easy to see why. Ridiculous rules, small engines that sound like motorbikes, no fuelling pitstops, a single tyre manufacturer...the guys at the top have killed the sport.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 17:53   #64
BANNED

Sorry to see Kimi out. He was getting back in business. Ferrari are close to mercedes, but for how long. Remember last year they dropped away as the season progressed.
Old 15th March 2015, 18:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Biggest shock for me was not the McLaren result but Nasr finishing ahead of Ricciardo. Big step taken by the Ferrari PU shows. Renault have screwed up big time. Red bull will be fuming.

Honda were apparently running 200+ bhp down on Merc.. Fantastic result if you take that into account, chassis seems quick.

2015 will be the longest testing phase..
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 18:44   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What a boring race. Watched it till the end with my buddies. If it weren't for their company, I doubt I would've finished it.
I was watching it alone at home. 15 minutes into the race, I fell asleep. Woke up at the awards ceremony to find the expected Briton had finished at the front, and a not-unexpected Briton at the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
F1 is losing viewership and it's easy to see why. ...the guys at the top have killed the sport.
I don't watch cricket (I'm seeing blinking bails for the first time in the WC) but have got in the habit of leaving the WC matches on. One debate that's going on is about association teams and the ICC wanting to lock them out of future World Cups, leaving only the 10 top-tier teams.

I find the same parallels here as in F1; where people are ignoring the sheer charm and competitiveness these teams bring in - be it Marussia's feisty attitude in the 2014 season, or Ireland's performance in the WC.

And I just shake my head at how corporate greed trumps the love of the game/sport.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 22:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Update on Kimi's unsafe release: No further action.

So it would be at least a clean slate in Malaysia.
zenren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 10:32   #68
Senior - BHPian

The race was a bit of a snooze city especially when Rosberg couldnt mount any challenge on Hamilton. Expected some action there.

It was a fabulous race for me to see the Ferrari's in top form. They seemed to have plenty in reserve after the first pit stops when Vettel came out ahead of Massa. Thats a very encouraging site.. I however dont think they can catch Mercedes until the end of the season. Kimi in supreme form as well. He may usurped Massa and earned a 4th place finish had it not been for the first corner collision.

Felipe Nasr really shined yesterday. Fabulous drive by him on his debut. He looks like he has that extra speed. It would have made the GP interesting if the Lotus cars were on the grid. I think they have definitely made a step up after having Merc engines and gearboxes.

Jenson Button the ole war horse really showed his experience and skill in keeping the Force India behind for as long as he did. I hope they can sort out their gremlins before the European leg of the championship starts.

Red Bull are losing their cool, already threatening to quit F1 if the engines are not equalised. Why and how could they complain after 4 years of domination. Going to a complete aerodynamic formula isnt the answer either. Wise idea to change their engines...maybe rope in someone like Audi into F1. Link to news story
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 11:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

I really didn't expect Lewis to have such a strong weekend. At least, I didn't expect the gulf between them to be so wide.

Its not a big secret that Nico makes up for Lewis' raw speed with hard work, grit and preparation. And which race to prepare the most than the opener itself? This round must have been a big awakening for the German.

And coming back to the race, it was a bore fest due to the lack of fights and loss of cars. And we missed Alonso and Bottas too. Given that Honda PU gave up the ghost even before the formation lap, Alonso' presence wouldn't have made much difference anyway.

Loved the rookies. Nasr, Sainz and Max had very good weekends.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 12:12   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Nasr and verstappan, they were the biggest surprise out of the opener.
The worst bit was a marussia-esque mclaren. It's seriously incomprehensible that this is the team that fielded hakkinen, and Hamilton till some time back.
Really glad for Hamilton, not very surprised at how he outpaced Nico, while maintaining lower consumption throughout. I just hope he doesn't pull a boring season like the Vettel days, though that's what it feels like looking at the gap currently.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 13:01   #71
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does anyone know why the crowd was booing when Hamilton was receiving the award.
Old 16th March 2015, 13:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Rosberg's 'half desire' was mocked by Vettel

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/194731.html
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 15:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Does anyone know why the crowd was booing when Hamilton was receiving the award.
I didnt quite notice it and didnt think why it would be so. Not like he shoved their local hero aside to win the race. Maybe the boos were for Arnie?
Old 17th March 2015, 17:01   #74
BHPian

Its a boring race I agree. I am obviously happy Force Indias finished within points but there seems to be too much difference between the Mercs and others.

Like some others have already mentioned, the many changes have killed the sport. They should bring back bigger engines, re-introduce refueling during race. More viewers, more eyeballs, more revenue and more races. All happy happy
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 22:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

Agree with gtonsing, they should bring back refueling that should bring the much required action in F1!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks