Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 14:24   #136
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Ah! there it comes finally. You know I was kind of expecting it 'Stoner the moaner' the most ridiculous title ever given to a motogp rider. When a rider is more expressive with his own team in the paddock and generally lactose intolerant he's termed a 'moaner'. Wow! how stupid does that sound? Haters gonna hate but this is for bringing up that sad n shallow of a title given to arguably one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2015 at 15:02. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 14:27   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Ah! there it comes finally. You know I was kind of expecting it 'Stoner the moaner' the most ridiculous title ever given to a motogp rider. When a rider is more expressive with his own team in the paddock and generally lactose intolerant he's termed a 'moaner'. Wow! how stupid does that sound? Haters gonna hate but this is for bringing up that sad n shallow of a title given to arguably one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time.
I think it was pretty apt. For the amount of moaning he used to indulge in with regard to Rossi-isms on the track. About a rider who is not arguably one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time, but THE GREATEST of all time. Yeah sure, haters will hate. What can one do about it?

Looking back though, he was the best that Rossi faced.

Stress on the past tense.

While Rossi continues to race and win in the present. As he did long before Stoner came ..... and went.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2015 at 15:02. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:33   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I think it was pretty apt. For the amount of moaning he used to indulge in with regard to Rossi-isms on the track. About a rider who is not arguably one of the greatest motorcycle racers of all time, but THE GREATEST of all time. Yeah sure, haters will hate. What can one do about it?
I'm not sure how much you followed the calendar in 2011-12, but Rossi surpassed Stoner's entire career's moaning in just 2 years at Ducati.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:37   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure how much you followed the calendar in 2011-12, but Rossi surpassed Stoner's entire career's moaning in just 2 years at Ducati.
That's an Italian's birthright. When you put an Italian rider on an Italian bike, it increases exponentially.

Would Stoner have won on a Yamaha? Or would he have moaned even louder and longer. I guess we'll never know.

Last edited by ebonho : 8th June 2015 at 14:40.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:46   #140
BHPian

Hmm.. Birthright. That's a first.

Have a good day.

Quote:

Would Stoner have won on a Yamaha? Or would he have moaned even louder and longer. I guess we'll never know.
Yes that is something we will never know, but I'll tell you one thing that we all know for sure. Stoner won on a Ducati and Rossi couldn't.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th June 2015 at 16:09.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:32   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stoner won on a Ducati and Rossi couldn't.
So? What does that prove man?

You don't seem to get a very basic reality of riding. Every rider is different, and no two riders gel with the same bike is quite the same way.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:59   #142
BHPian

Quote:
So? What does that prove man?

You don't seem to get a very basic reality of riding. Every rider is different, and no two riders gel with the same bike is quite the same way.
I'm only interested in the technical aspect of it. What exactly happened at Ducati? Was it the engine,chassis,electronics,tyres,managers, principal heads or gel for that matter? This gelling argument doesn't make sense frankly. If you are trying to defend Rossi's disastrous stint at Ducati then you need to do better.
Old 8th June 2015, 16:27   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

I think rossi just underestimated how much work the ducati would need. Except for stoner, noone has been able to make them handle. Front was way too wonky. How many times was his butt on the ground?
Even though he didn't say it, most of Rossi's comments ended up implying that he failed, and considering not many riding years left, it'd be better to be on something that could give him half a chance.
Old 8th June 2015, 17:15   #144
Team-BHP Support

Valentino Rossi rode & won on a Honda & Yamaha. Why couldn't he [or any other rider pre 2015] ride the Ducati to its limits should be answered by Ducati.

He was riding & winning prior to his stint with Ducati and is riding & winning after that. Easy math, no...?
Old 8th June 2015, 17:23   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Valentino Rossi rode & won on a Honda & Yamaha. Why couldn't he [or any other rider pre 2015] ride the Ducati to its limits should be answered by Ducati.

He was riding & winning prior to his stint with Ducati and is riding & winning after that. Easy math, no...?
Either way its not monumentally important.

One has 9 World Championships.

The other has 1.

Maybe they (or their armchair defenders, with their calculators and spreadsheets) could start asking questions when they've won 8 more.

Personally, am not going to hold my breath on that one. I have more important things to do. Like cheering Papa to his tenth. And soaking in the last rays of a setting supernova.

Last edited by ebonho : 8th June 2015 at 17:25.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 17:54   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Either way its not monumentally important.

Like cheering Papa to his tenth. And soaking in the last rays of a setting supernova.
The only fodder that the non-Rossi brigade can ever pick up is his disastrous stint at Ducati, simply because there is nothing else they can lay their hands on and that is why they prefer to ignore everything else the man has done and hold on to this one blemish, if at all it can be termed that. Across sports there has been absolutely no one who can claim to have been totally infallible and unbeatable for more than two decades, and that is the beauty of sport - it always offers the dispirited a chance at redemption.

I'll repeat again as I have millions of times before, he was racing & winning in 1995 and he is racing and winning in 2015, while much water has flowed under the bridge.

Why a guy with 9 world championships across bikes and classes never won on a Ducati is a burden Ducati has to bear, not Valentino Rossi. Casey Moaner can only hold the claim of winning on a Ducati, and still moaning away to glory against Rossi & his brigade.

Much thread-space has been wasted on this Rossi/Stoner/Marquez/Lorenzo debate, and this is my last comment on this topic, I'll keep my posting to individual races and passionately and loudly cheer the GOAT to his tenth title.

Cheers,
Parth
Parth46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 19:00   #147
BHPian

Quote:
You seem to be laboring under the burden of the mis-perception that I am either trying to or need to try to defend the God of motorcycling to an armchair critic with a calculator and an internet connection. Or that he needs defending.

If you are a rider, you would get what I have been trying to get across. Then again, the fact that you aren't, means that either you aren't or that you are working to a pet agenda. Or both.

Only you can answer which it is. Either way, it is not really germane to the discussion.
Defending or not, your gelling theory is nonsensical. I have no idea where you picked it up from. So on a bad day what did rossi tell his bosses in Italy? "Im not gelling"??! No he didn't. Obviously there was much more to it than 'not gelling'.

He had two bad years at Ducati n he couldn't fix it, all the Rossi fans should accept this failure and move on. Nothing to be ashamed off. In racing,failure comes more often to riders than success. Fortunately Rossi has had more of the latter.

There is a general misconception among many that they need to be riders themselves to understand the sport better. Many of the top Motogp journalists in the world are not riders!

Anyway, I agree Rossi doesn't need defending. His records speak for himself. It was you who brought Rossi/Stoner/Ducati in the mix unfortunately.

By the way my calculations, spreadsheets and other related work which you mentioned is down right accurate and based on facts and not on a 'gelling theory'.

Anyways, as mentioned by a member too much thread space has been wasted on Rossi/Stoner past. Looking forward to a cracker of a race at Catalunya. Cheers!

Go 99!

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 8th June 2015 at 19:03.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 19:01   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Much thread-space has been wasted on this Rossi/Stoner/Marquez/Lorenzo debate, and this is my last comment on this topic, I'll keep my posting to individual races and passionately and loudly cheer the GOAT to his tenth title.

Cheers,
Parth
I'm with you Parth46, except i'll be rooting for a third championship for Lorenzo .
Mashblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 19:12   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
I'm with you Parth46, except i'll be rooting for a third championship for Lorenzo .
Absolutely mate, by all means. We all are free to support and cheer for our favorite sporting heroes and enjoy all the mind-blowing action. It does promise to be a cracker in Catalunya and you might enjoy this (maybe not)

Here's to a great race!

GO VR46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 00:26   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Good for you that you find these discussions productive and have now found inner peace.

For VR - 84 wins from 258 starts with 166 podium finishes, and the longest winning career in GP racing - 18 years, 244 days; and you can still pick and choose stats from a small sub-set! Amazing, is all I can say.
Sorry make no mistake,Im no Rossi hater. Never been.My stats show Rossi's recent form along with other riders. Nothing more nothing less.That said, his resurgence in 2014 has been quite unbelievable. And I personally feel he's in the best shape of his entire career currently and most importantly on a good bike.For Rossi, even though having seen off max,sete,Stoner n others in the past his biggest challenge is now because the current grid has been the strongest. His experience will come into play as the season progresses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks