Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 09:48   #196
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

“Valentino is a Sunday rider,” Lorenzo said. “Not so many pole positions if you compare with how many victories he has. And he's always there in the race. Our bike is very competitive, keeping a constant pace at all the tracks so for sure Vale is trying to get the best set-up. He is going to be one of the favourites for victory, no doubt about it. The championship lead? I don't know. It depends on the result tomorrow.”

'What do the riders think about @MarcMarquez93’s arguably aggressive style on track? Watch full video: http://bit.ly/SunPCCATf'
Old 15th June 2015, 10:12   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post

In my experience of watching Motogp for over a decade, Rossi is a great attacker but an equally weak defender. This is generally why you see him involved in these tight battles happened over the years. Once he overtakes he can never hold on to that lead and pull away even though he would've had the pace to cut the gap and catch the rider in front in such battles. That is entirely my opinion of him.

Because, the thrill is in the battle; not in pulling away. Nobody likes a close battle with Rossi, because they know, more often than not, he would come out on top. Marquez's riding is pretty similar to Rossi's, and that is one of the reasons their battles have been more involving, and thrilling to watch.

Lorenzo, on the other hand, however pleasing to watch while riding, can never fight tooth and nail or doesn't like to involve in a close battle because he can never battle. He leaves his lines entirely wide open for the other to pass only to say later that the other was very aggressive.
Thirugnnanam is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 11:28   #198
BHPian

Interesting, Lorenzo in his 125 and 250 days was known as the hara kiri kind of rider. He was the only one banned for one race for rash riding. There are many examples in MotoGP too. Philip Island '13, Valencia '13, Mugello '14, Silverstone '13, this are the ones that I clearly remember. The Valencia race was an example of brutal riding(perhaps thats why he had a skull painted on his helmet)
Manoj2268 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 11:50   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirugnnanam View Post
Because, the thrill is in the battle; not in pulling away. Nobody likes a close battle with Rossi, because they know, more often than not, he would come out on top. Marquez's riding is pretty similar to Rossi's, and that is one of the reasons their battles have been more involving, and thrilling to watch.
Unfortunately, that concept is lost on many folks here buddy. The basic fun of wheel to wheel racing has been reduced to analyzing split-hair data of who was ten trillionth of a second faster and who can win time-attacks, who led how many laps and such.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 11:57   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Interesting, Lorenzo in his 125 and 250 days was known as the hara kiri kind of rider. He was the only one banned for one race for rash riding. There are many examples in MotoGP too. Philip Island '13, Valencia '13, Mugello '14, Silverstone '13, this are the ones that I clearly remember. The Valencia race was an example of brutal riding(perhaps thats why he had a skull painted on his helmet)
Brutal brutal rider. Lot of people fail to notice how aggressive he is in the first few laps on a cold tyre with a full tank of gas.Thats a hard hard thing to do and very risky. Can easily lose the front. But Can Rossi do that? I don't think so. He would if he could. Another aspect of Rossi which is become more apparent these days, he simply lacks the outright pace on the bike and hence struggling during qualifying. You cannot attribute his bad qualifying to the soft tyre riders as Marc and Jorge have shown consistently that they can be beaten on a medium. Rossi even though on the best bike currently cannot deliver that record breaking qualifying pace when he needs it more than anyone on the track to stay with Jorge in the lead. This is only regarding qualifying. But his race pace was just marginally better than Jorge yesterday, still not good enough to even arrive at Jorge's back wheel.

Now people will realize how important qualifying is. Its just not sunday riding that counts anymore. The grid being so strong you have to fight from FP1 right away..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirugnnanam View Post

Lorenzo, on the other hand, however pleasing to watch while riding, can never fight tooth and nail or doesn't like to involve in a close battle because he can never battle. He leaves his lines entirely wide open for the other to pass only to say later that the other was very aggressive.
Did you even watch the 2013 and 14 seasons? The times all three Ped, Marc n Jorge have battled each other wheel to wheel elbow to elbow is countless. But since it didn't involve Rossi it wasn't so great. Sick of the double standards sir!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2015 at 15:21.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 12:17   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Unfortunately, that concept is lost on many folks here buddy. The basic fun of wheel to wheel racing has been reduced to analyzing split-hair data of who was ten trillionth of a second faster and who can win time-attacks, who led how many laps and such.
In all the bombast, the undisguised relief of Jorge fanbois the world over on the internet translated into cathartic giggles does little to hide the fact that there was complete silence from their corner the last 5 laps with Rossi on the charge. Complete silence.

The explosion of post race aggro is more amusing than irritating. It shows the effect a real racer has on people when he's charging through from behind.

I'm actually enjoying it almost as much as Rossi winning.

Because if there is one thing yesterday showed, it was this that Jorge was maxed out. And Rossi is still upping his pace. You can be sure that's the one thing on everyone's mind as we head to Assen. How long before Rossi makes contact.

And we all know what happens when Rossi makes contact.

Last edited by ebonho : 15th June 2015 at 12:23.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 12:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

The explosion of post race aggro is more amusing than irritating. It shows the effect a real racer has on people when he's charging through from behind.

And we all know what happens when Rossi makes contact.

HaHaHaHa, bang on mate! the flood of posts in these two threads itself is proof that behind this cool-as-you-like facade, is hiding a lot of paranoia and what-if when eventually Rossi does catch-up in the next race or so. Rossi and Lorenzo clearly know that it's most probably a 2-horse race now and Jorge fans clearly have this sense of foreboding!

Also, JL fans know that when it comes to passion and support for Rossi - to quote a line from "The Avengers" - they're hopelessly and hilariously outnumbered!

Last edited by Parth46 : 15th June 2015 at 12:35.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:35   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HaHaHaHa, bang on mate! the flood of posts in these two threads itself is proof that behind this cool-as-you-like facade, is hiding a lot of paranoia and what-if when eventually Rossi does catch-up in the next race or so. Rossi and Lorenzo clearly know that it's most probably a 2-horse race now and Jorge fans clearly have this sense of foreboding!
I said it before. A deep empty feeling in the pit of your stomach. Like driving a car without brakes towards the edge of a cliff.

And the last moment the car magically somehow stops.

But the dreams will continue. How long before that hurtling feeling comes again.

And will the car stop in time this time?

It is not a nice feeling. Not for Jorge. Not for his fanbois. Because Papa is coming, and he's made sure they know it.

Last edited by ebonho : 15th June 2015 at 12:37.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:40   #204
BHPian

For Rossi to win the title, he needs to wrap his head around the new qualifying format. He loses precious seconds battling the slower guys, so he has to cover up a lot of real estate in the latter part of the race...or has to force a mistake...
Old 15th June 2015, 12:45   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
For Rossi to win the title, he needs to wrap his head around the new qualifying format. He loses precious seconds battling the slower guys, so he has to cover up a lot of real estate in the latter part of the race...or has to force a mistake...
He has to come in the top 6 anywhere in the top two rows.

Here he was 7 and we saw what happened in the dying stages of the race.

I think there is probably no bigger terror in world motor sport that seeing your pit board updating you on Rossi's progress. Lap on lap.

Whether its at 400 kmph or a kilometer away from the track or even dead perpendicular to the race line. You can be sure a near blind hypermetropic racer with inch thick glasses will read the signs crystal clear. In hyper slo mo.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:51   #206
BHPian

There is none better in the sporting world in coming from behind and making a charge for the victory than Valentino Rossi.

None better.

And it's the complete anti-thesis of Lorenzo's smooth-as-glass riding style - no matter what fanbois say, he's just not that great in the heat of the battle and that's why he prefers to run away if possible.

And that's what Jorge fanbois are going to great lengths to convince themselves against. That just maybe the inevitable won't happen. That maybe Jorge will be able to fight off Valentino Rossi on a mission to win his tenth title. Maybe, just maybe.

It's the lack of conviction that gives rise to a whole host of maybe's.

And the name "Rossi" on the pit-board with the last few laps remaining has never boded well for anybody. No-one.

Last edited by Parth46 : 15th June 2015 at 12:53.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:54   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the name "Rossi" on the pit-board with the last few laps remaining has never boded well for anybody. No-one.
Its frankly a hazard.

One of these days a less seasoned racer is going to go off the track on the straight.

Or just pull over and beat the pit guy over the head unconscious with the same board.
Old 15th June 2015, 15:39   #208
BHPian

The way Lorenzo is going at the moment Rossi fanatics will soon start asking for rule changes in Motogp like refuelling directive,tyre changes and definitely the qualifying format.

Rossi's crew was ruing MM's crash yesterday. They wanted him to hold up Jorge. Looking for help.How about a headstart?

Moaning has begun already indirectly hinting at a rule change.
Rossi “Three (dry) wins! So we hope that they keep the softer rear! But I think for me this rule is very unfair. Because now the [Ducati] is very fast. So I don't understand why they have this advantage. Last year maybe yes, but now they are fast like us with our [rear] tyre. So I don't know why they have the softer tyre.*"

Last edited by manson : 15th June 2015 at 18:45. Reason: Foul language / use of abusive words directly or indirectly in posts / avatars / signatures are STRICTLY prohibited.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th June 2015, 16:44   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
'What do the riders think about @MarcMarquez93’s arguably aggressive style on track? Watch full video: http://bit.ly/SunPCCATf'
The video requires a subscription. Can you share the gist please?
Old 15th June 2015, 17:36   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Did you even watch the 2013 and 14 seasons? The times all three Ped, Marc n Jorge have battled each other wheel to wheel elbow to elbow is countless. But since it didn't involve Rossi it wasn't so great. Sick of the double standards sir!
Oh, I sure did watch 2013 & 14 seasons, and I could actually count with fingers in just one hand the times when Lorenzo could stick it out to battle with Marquez and try to come out on top.

2013 Jerez, 2013 Sepang, 2014 Silverstone are what I could immediately recollect.

My point is Lorenzo doesn’t relish battles. He doesn’t want them. He prefers to run away in the lead rather than battle with the pack, and he sets up his bike for that.

Look… don’t get me wrong. I certainly respect & appreciate the talent that Jorge possesses that is the in-and-out concentration, and the precision & pace with which he rides. But what exactly I like in this sport is the battles, and Lorenzo doesn’t excel in them. But Rossi does. So does Marquez. That is why I prefer to watch them, and not Lorenzo.

To put my thoughts exactly in words, I’m quoting from Motomatters.com:

“Watching riders circulate at the very peak of their ability for 25 laps is rewarding from an intellectual perspective, but it does not provide the visceral thrill which so many seek from motorcycle racing….

…. And so it is with racing. Jorge Lorenzo often complains that his victories do not receive the recognition they deserve. He is absolutely correct: his wins are taken with such surgical precision that it is hard to criticize. Yet such precision is dull to watch: viewers would rather be entertained by gladiators hacking great chunks off each other.”

And why I love Valentino:

Marquez after Jerez: “Then I saw that Valentino was closing in on me and I thought "it's going to be Argentina all over again"

Lorenzo after Catalunya: “When he (Valentino) reduced the gap from 2.0s to 1.4s I was really worried that I would lose this race”

The mere mention of “ROSSI + 1.5 S” in the pit board strikes such worries and fears in the guy leading in front because they know what this man is capable of.

Looking forward for an exciting remainder of the season!
Thirugnnanam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks