Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2015, 22:43   #331
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
And yes, some win by cutting chicanes, and some LOSE BY 14.576 seconds on the same machinery.

Peace.
Parth Bhai, can we move away from the 14 second margin please.. On a bad day this can happen to anyone in GP racing.

For ex, take the upcoming Sachsenring ring GP. Last year Rossi finished in 4th, 19 seconds behind Marc and almost 9 seconds behind Lorenzo. This circuit is supposed to be one of the weak circuits for Lorenzo. And losing to your team mate by 9 seconds is not a small amount too on same machinery.

What I imply is that when the machinery is not working as per their riding styles, even the best racers can look mediocre. Last year, Yamaha was not as good as Honda in braking and Marc used it to his advantage to brake at will and overtake them. This year, Yam improved on braking and immediately you can see that Rossi is near the sharp edge in almost all races. Rossi's strong point is braking and current Yamaha is quite good at it.

Yam also retained it's primary advantage of agility and high corner speed this year. This is the strong point of Lorenzo. However, if the tyres are of a different compound and some of the edge grip is taken away, he gets affected much more than Rossi.

All said and done Yam won 7 out of 8 races and I'm mighty happy for that. Shouldn't take away the credit from the rider who has taken 4 wins out of the 7.

Coming to Sachsenring, my prediction is Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo in that order, unless the first two collide and change the outcome
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:50   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Dude, are you telling people that you more qualified to judge this than the people who already debated this and closed it?
Apparently, yes! He is Mr Know it all while we only do nonsensical talks. Had it been JLo instead of Rossi in that last corner, I'm sure the forensic analysis would've been different. Talk about conveniences!

Was a magnificent race though. Blistering pace set by Rossi and Marc. I have to agree that my heart was in my mouth when the last corner nudge happened and the telecast did not show what happened to Rossi for a brief moment. Good win for the master!
Credit where its due, good fight by MM. Rest of the season might just get that much more interesting. And kudos to JLo as well for making up 5 places and getting a distant third. I'm sure he'll be more determined to win in Germany. Exciting times ahead!
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:54   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Parth Bhai, can we move away from the 14 second margin please.. On a bad day this can happen to anyone in GP racing
Badri,

I totally agree with you - can happen to anyone in racing. Margins alone don't speak the whole truth.

But the bigger picture that folks are missing is this - even Rossi has started from the middle of the grid in a lot of recent races BUT has been able to really fight it out for the top and come really close to even winning and has indeed won races from as low as 8th even in this season!

In Catalunya a few days back, Rossi started from 8th and came within 0.8 seconds of Lorenzo by the end and there were hints of a repeat of the iconic Catalunya 2009 battle we all remember.

Rossi started from 8th in Qatar and won after an epic scrap with the Ducati riders.

Rossi again started from 8th in Argentina and won the race once again.

Rossi started from 7th in LeMans and finished 2nd. See a fighting pattern and ultimate race-day-when-it-really-counts skill?

No harm in the 14 seconds margin per se, but if Rossi can start down the grid simply cos time-trial qualifying is not his forte, then Lorenzo should've ideally stuck to the leading duo and made it a three-way fight, rather than getting left behind in the dust. Get my point?

Cheers

Last edited by Parth46 : 28th June 2015 at 23:00.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 23:29   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Parth Bhai, can we move away from the 14 second margin please.. On a bad day this can happen to anyone in GP racing.

For ex, take the upcoming Sachsenring ring GP. Last year Rossi finished in 4th, 19 seconds behind Marc and almost 9 seconds behind Lorenzo. This circuit is supposed to be one of the weak circuits for Lorenzo. And losing to your team mate by 9 seconds is not a small amount too on same machinery.

What I imply is that when the machinery is not working as per their riding styles, even the best racers can look mediocre. Last year, Yamaha was not as good as Honda in braking and Marc used it to his advantage to brake at will and overtake them. This year, Yam improved on braking and immediately you can see that Rossi is near the sharp edge in almost all races. Rossi's strong point is braking and current Yamaha is quite good at it.

Yam also retained it's primary advantage of agility and high corner speed this year. This is the strong point of Lorenzo. However, if the tyres are of a different compound and some of the edge grip is taken away, he gets affected much more than Rossi.

All said and done Yam won 7 out of 8 races and I'm mighty happy for that. Shouldn't take away the credit from the rider who has taken 4 wins out of the 7.

Coming to Sachsenring, my prediction is Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo in that order, unless the first two collide and change the outcome
Badri, you are wasting your time trying to make the Rossi fan boys understand the technicalities of the sport including tire compounds. I've given up on this long back and see myself talking through emotions like them sometimes. Something I rarely do.. They will not get your point! They will simply discard the factors such as Rossi has fought from 8th to 2nd or a cheeky first on a factory yamaha by mostly beating factories with concessions or satellites or even taking shortcuts for that matter. What they dont realize is Jorge beat all of them in one single freakin lap and didnt boast about it at all.Yes i agree he didnt have the pace of rossi or marc yesterday but that is something to do with tyres. Remember he's won the last four effortlessly.

But should I even care to put the actual reasons on the forum? Will they understand? No they won't. Because knowledge and understanding of the sport is limited to them. They speak through emotions, a quality of the misinformed. Half of them dont even know when the races are but they come here to prove a point. They will start with their goat, sheep,camel and horse argument.Honestly Im sick of it. Let them gloat over. It suits them.

Rossi couldn't get a sniff of Jorge just a second ahead for 22 long laps in Catalunya and they talk about Assen. Maybe the old pussy (cat) should learn a thing or two from Jorge about holding lead and not resort to cheating his way to victory. 3rd fluke win for Rossi this season.Will he ever win.on.merit? We'll see.

edit: if they really have a different perspective of the last corner incident at Dutch TT then they should put it across.I'm waiting to learn.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 28th June 2015 at 23:54.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 23:58   #335
BHPian

Aww shucks - sorry I don't have blurry screengrabs, color-coded spreadsheets or tons of wiki links to showcase my nuanced understanding of the finer technical aspects of MotoGP, but I'll certainly honor the request you made at the end of your rant.

I'll share my perspective on the last corner incident at the Dutch TT yesterday.

Here's my perspective:

1. Rossi Rocked
2. Marquez Flopped

Oops, sorry again - I guess I let my emotion get the better of me once more.

Thanks all for the pleasure of your company during this amazing weekend. Back to the Monday grind.

We'll catch-up again soon.

Cheers,
Parth
Old 29th June 2015, 00:11   #336
Senior - BHPian

WOAH !!!!!!!

I mean WOAH !!!!!!!!

Saw the race once again. The manic pumping of clenched fists and gritting of teeth just a bit less frantic the second time around.

I have reverted my opinion.

Without doubt the moment of the race, THE moment the old man showed what old school brass is REALLY all about, was when he retook Marc, Marc retakes him on the inside, and Papa God just twists the grip off the handlebar and rides around him.

Man have goosebumps just typing this.

Everything from that point on was desperation as the next two laps papa just entered another dimension and laid down the law.

He is quite simply better than the best of the rest.

P.S. On the replay this time around I also managed to catch something I missed in the euphoria the first time around.

The incongruous sight of a man crossing the line 15 seconds behind his older team mate, bobbing his helmet and wheeling in ..... excitement. LoL

Last edited by ebonho : 29th June 2015 at 00:24.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 00:21   #337
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support: Please do NOT TROLL on Team-BHP.

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2015 at 16:31.
MonsterPatrol is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th June 2015, 08:31   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Honda did appeal the decision. Do your homework.

You can find this in many places online, please search -

"The two riders were called to race direction afterwards to review video footage, with stewards deciding it was a racing incident. No appeal was lodged."
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 10:02   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
You can find this in many places online, please search -

"The two riders were called to race direction afterwards to review video footage, with stewards deciding it was a racing incident. No appeal was lodged."
Honda did lodge a complaint .Mentioned here..

https://m.motomatters.com/analysis/2015/06/28/2015_assen_motogp_post_race_round_up_par.html
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 11:34   #340
Senior - BHPian

Make no mistake brothers.

On Saturday, God was running two separate races, each important in its own way.

On Saturday, God was deep inside the head of two young riders - a racer and a time trialist. Probing, questioning, pushing, seeding.

By the end of the day, when the champagne stopped flowing, God had won both races.

And God is now sitting permanently in each young rider's head. The seeds of doubt sown. The roots expanding and digging deeper into the fertile soil of self belief.

Its going to be one hell of a harvest this year. Two for one.

Money for nothing, get your chicks for free ......
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 14:31   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Make no mistake brothers.

On Saturday, God was running two separate races, each important in its own way.

On Saturday, God was deep inside the head of two young riders - a racer and a time trialist. Probing, questioning, pushing, seeding.

Money for nothing, get your chicks for free ......
The brotherhood is strong with this one.

The race just got over in the "cathedral" and Reverend Rossi led all of us believers down the righteous path of hope and faith.

Let's all hope brother Marquez can maintain control of his wayward steed long enough, and not stray down the dark side as he's done ever so frequently this season.

Last edited by Parth46 : 29th June 2015 at 14:33.
Old 29th June 2015, 15:03   #342
BHPian

Some great shots by Steve English.

Clear visor. Love it.
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-jorgelorenzomovistaryamahaassen2015l-1.jpg

Riding style comparison.
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-yamahariderstylesrossilorenzol.jpg

Nicholas Ajo has discovered a new way of using knee sliders.
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-niklasajoassen2015finish6.jpg

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 29th June 2015 at 15:08.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 16:04   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Some great shots by Steve English.

Clear visor. Love it.
Attachment 1387494
JL's bike has lever protectors? Hmm, I had never noticed it before. Am wondering if it is a PR exercise by some manufacturer? Do you know?
Old 29th June 2015, 17:11   #344
BHPian

I think most of them have. I remember seeing one on marc's bike too.
Old 29th June 2015, 17:25   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda did lodge a complaint .Mentioned here..

https://m.motomatters.com/analysis/2...nd_up_par.html
That settles it then, nice to see it being reviewed post race with both riders present.

I think Marcquez deserves more credit in this race for riding a bike he wasnt 100% comfortable with.
Im sure he will do much better in the races to come as the handling improves.

The Yamaha was clearly the quicker bike all weekend, great fight by the youngster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks