Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 18:41   #346
BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

It has happened before.

Hayden vs Edwards at Dutch TT 2006.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th June 2015 at 22:41.
MonsterPatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 22:44   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
JL's bike has lever protectors? Hmm, I had never noticed it before. Am wondering if it is a PR exercise by some manufacturer? Do you know?
The brake lever protectors have been there ever since this accident in Catalunya 2006. I remember watching this race and the accident is still fresh in my memory. Horrific accident. Pure luck that no lives are lost here.

badri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 22:51   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Make no mistake brothers.

And God is now sitting permanently in each young rider's head. The seeds of doubt sown. The roots expanding and digging deeper into the fertile soil of self belief.

Its going to be one hell of a harvest this year. Two for one.

Money for nothing, get your chicks for free ......
Very well written I would say.

I don't know to what extent the seeds may grow in Lorenzo's head but I'm pretty sure they do not even germinate in Marc's head.He has been through more tougher incidents and nothing seem to have changed him (I'm not saying this in a positive sense).

He now knows that he can not mess around with Rossi like he can with others. He will be upset with that and may even lose a night's sleep. However this is not going to stop him from trying once again. He is too stubborn and proud to submit and change his ways.

Last edited by badri : 29th June 2015 at 22:57.
Old 29th June 2015, 23:42   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And God is now sitting permanently in each young rider's head. The seeds of doubt sown. The roots expanding and digging deeper into the fertile soil of self belief.

Its going to be one hell of a harvest this year. Two for one.

Money for nothing, get your chicks for free ......
Too soon doc, too friggin soon!!!

You are talking about racers that are / have been world champions. If you cannot see the fight that the younglings are putting up then I dont know what to say really

One singular race does no phase them. Someone had a bad day and still ended up on the podium and earned valuable championship points? Not too shabby I say

Good poem though. Got the Toofer-wun; whats with the chicks for free? And they get money for racing, not for nothing. Knopfler may not approve

Urban_Nomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 23:46   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
The brake lever protectors have been there ever since this accident in Catalunya 2006. I remember watching this race and the accident is still fresh in my memory. Horrific accident. Pure luck that no lives are lost here.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=AOwNOT-BlG8
Yes I remember this. Horrible crash. Race was red flagged I think. Is this clip from the documentary Fastest?
Old 30th June 2015, 08:57   #351
BHPian

An interesting message by Dr.Costa to Rossi. Sorry for the copy paste but the message needs to be read in whole.

Source: Comments section of the page below.

https://m.motomatters.com/analysis/2...#comment-66731

Dear Valentino, you've been outstanding in Holland, winning over Marquez. He (Marquez) has been as great as you: I'd define Marquez as "fairy tale like" in his last lap where he managed to close the gap and attempt the overtake maneuver. It was the attempt we were all waiting for, at last corner of the last lap: an impossible maneuver, that Marquez in his heart felt, would have given him the victory.

The indisputable fact that no disciplinary action has been taken against the Spanish rider, has made you, dear Vale, responsible for cutting the chicane. You've been forgiven, and I bow before forgiveness. The fact that you've been forgiven, made Marquez after the race saying, calmly but with deep conviction:"I am the moral winner". And I, hoping that won't upset anyone, agree with him. For this "humane" reason I would have liked to see you hugging your rival after the checkered flag, like to little scoundrels children party, their life filled with innocent mischief. I was expecting you to praise Marquez instead of your sarcastic comment "So was i meant not to be there, at the last corner? According to Marquez, was I supposed to just disappear like it happens on a playstation game?"

No Vale, you were supposed to be there to face the fight/challenge, because if the roles were reversed, you would have done the same.
You can be certain of that and hope that the gods that freed you from the ropes Marquez forced you to (boxing reference...), giving you the favorable geography (he means: being on the right side of the chicane...) at the turn (chicane..) you cunningly cut, won't be on holiday next time you race. Everybody knows that gods don't pay only on saturdays and that Assen is the only saturday on the motogp calendar.

I share the elation for your deserved victory and please don't talk ever again about disappearing, not even in jest. Nobody could bear it because the legend of motorcycling racing is written on the pages of the last corner of Assen 2015.

P.S: Wanted to post this to show that there is sympathy to Marquez in the motogp inner circles (Dr.Costa is definitely one of them). Being author of a book on Marquez, one can assume Dr. Costa to be biased, however his words are highly valued and will cause some people to think from the other side of the table.

Last edited by badri : 30th June 2015 at 09:25. Reason: added P.S
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 09:13   #352
BHPian

And this is what Pol Esparagaro, one of the racers on the grid for Tech3 Yamaha, had to say:

MotoGP Assen: Espargaro: Looks like anything goes on last corner.

Full text here : http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/220...st-corner.html

Snippets below:

“If Marquez didn't touch Valentino, Valentino would not go straight on,” Espargaro said. “What can Vale do? Marquez went over the kerb [after the contact] because he was so wide. Yeah you can say 'Valentino was already opening the throttle to go across the [gravel]' but this is fair game.”

“The problem is that we are accustomed that on the last lap, last corner anything can happen. I mean you can brake so late, you can hit the other rider and nothing happens,” he said.

“Maybe we can speak about it with all the riders and make clear that if you have the opportunity to overtake at the last corner, but without it being necessary to touch the other rider, it is ok.

“But if you know you will hit the other rider, because he is in the middle and you are going wide, you cannot go inside. This has to be forbidden, but how you enforce it is difficult.”

Last edited by Parth46 : 30th June 2015 at 09:17.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 09:34   #353
BHPian

You can also read what Bradley Smith had to say about the incident. I'm not posting here because I don't give much weightage to it. But Dr. Costa's opinion is definitely readable in my opinion.

Last edited by badri : 30th June 2015 at 09:35.
Old 30th June 2015, 10:28   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Very well written I would say.

I don't know to what extent the seeds may grow in Lorenzo's head but I'm pretty sure they do not even germinate in Marc's head.He has been through more tougher incidents and nothing seem to have changed him (I'm not saying this in a positive sense).

He now knows that he can not mess around with Rossi like he can with others. He will be upset with that and may even lose a night's sleep. However this is not going to stop him from trying once again. He is too stubborn and proud to submit and change his ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Too soon doc, too friggin soon!!!

You are talking about racers that are / have been world champions. If you cannot see the fight that the younglings are putting up then I dont know what to say really

One singular race does no phase them. Someone had a bad day and still ended up on the podium and earned valuable championship points? Not too shabby I say

Good poem though. Got the Toofer-wun; whats with the chicks for free? And they get money for racing, not for nothing. Knopfler may not approve

I'm calling it as I see it. I'm no expert, but neither is anyone else commenting here.

This is not a singular race thing. I've seen Rossi over the years. He wins races and championships and dismantles those he perceives as threats in the mind as much as on the track.

At this level, speed and power and fear of death are no strangers to anyone on the grid. Nor are the supreme skills needed to be racing at that level.

What separates the greats from the also raced during their times is the mind.

No one should be fooled by Rossi's antics and funn faces and easy going nature. There is a ruthless streak of steel running behind those eyes. Eyes which have seen everything for 20 years. Eyes which have seen champions and pretenders and challengers come and go and recede into the distance.

The process of dismantling Marquez and Lorenzo started last season. Its picking up steam and heading towards inevitability only in this one.

He likened them to sharks smelling blood?

This guy is a Kaiju. Category 6. And he's going to grab these two by their jaws and rip them apart.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 12:04   #355
BHPian

Quote:
This guy is a Kaiju. Category 6. And he's going to grab these two by their jaws and rip them apart.
Amen to that. Similar instances with Max Biaggi and Sete Gibernau come to mind.

Once the on-track/off-track skirmishes started, they never could recover and win after that and even exit the stage, and they were world champions too.

Am not saying Marc and JLO are cut from the same cloth but Rossi is a genius when it comes to these strategies. History has thrown several examples and it has never ended very well for the camp opposing #46.

These are facts that can be well researched if anyone is so inclined, and tons of material is available online with some well-documented stories and legends - lest fanboys be accused of being delusional again.

Last edited by Parth46 : 30th June 2015 at 12:08.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 12:14   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Amen to that. Similar instances with Max Biaggi and Sete Gibernau come to mind.

Once the on-track/off-track skirmishes started, they never could recover and win after that and even exit the stage, and they were world champions too.

Am not saying Marc and JLO are cut from the same cloth but Rossi is a genius when it comes to these strategies. History has thrown several examples and it has never ended very well for the camp opposing #46.

These are facts that can be well researched if anyone is so inclined, and tons of material is available online with some well-documented stories and legends - lest fanboys be accused of being delusional again.
It was not just those two fine gentlemen.

Of more recent vintage, Stoner comes to mind. For all his brashness, he backed down first. Left the kitchen when the heat got to him.

Capirossi was spared as a senior Italian who did not throw his weight around like the "emperor" (with no clothes on) did before him.

Jorge and Marquez are the new game in town.

Would someone like to wager that papa is not going to outlast (and dismantle) at least one of them as well?

And he's going to be still smiling and clowning around while he does it.
Old 30th June 2015, 22:35   #357
Senior - BHPian

Found this to represent a fair point of view. But then, I'm a hopeless Rossi fan; others might find the write-up to be biased!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...e-storm/179208
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 00:05   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Found this to represent a fair point of view. But then, I'm a hopeless Rossi fan; others might find the write-up to be biased!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...e-storm/179208
The article got a very basic yet critical fact right.

A fact that was simply so evident from the very first uncut replay that I frankly paid zero heed to the nonsensical hullabaloo surrounding the incident.

Which quite simply is that at no point was Marquez ahead.

Not for an instant.

From my untrained eye his front wheel hit Rossi's lower outer thigh/knee.

That was contact and the LAST time both riders were on the same trajectory and line on the track.

By my reckoning this is the second time Marquez has messed it up behind Rossi.

Coz that's the pressure Rossi exerts. From behind and in front.

A steep learning curve and one that will be remembered ten years hence when Marquez is the papa and people recall his internship under the Greatest of All Time.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:18   #359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post

But should I even care to put the actual reasons on the forum? Will they understand? No they won't. Because knowledge and understanding of the sport is limited to them. They speak through emotions, a quality of the misinformed. Half of them dont even know when the races are but they come here to prove a point. They will start with their goat, sheep,camel and horse argument.Honestly Im sick of it. Let them gloat over. It suits them.
So why have you been trying for the past couple of posts? With this attitude of yours, I would request you to spend time at a place [forum] which suits your temperament. And spare us [the lesser ones] of your agony?

I know you can't reply, but when you are eligible to post again, I would request you to leave your 'know it all' attitude.

Thank you
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 18:31   #360
BHPian

The last part of the 3-part article, with many insiders clearly believing that the Rossi/Marquez friendship is mostly over after this incident.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...e-storm/179231

Let the mind games begin!

Last edited by Parth46 : 1st July 2015 at 18:33.
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks