Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 21:32   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

At 320 kmph, there are no friends.

Pleased to see Jorge take Rossi's side.

Pleased also to see him try to play the clown. There is hope for the man yet.

Last edited by ebonho : 1st July 2015 at 21:34.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 22:24   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Let the mind games begin!
Very good article but it is too early to predict that Marquez will be broken.

"Rossi though might be relieved that Marquez sits 74-points behind him in the rankings."

Look at it this way. What has Marquez got to lose? He is not in championship race, he is wounded and he just found his form with the old frame. I feel that Rossi should be more wary than relieved. With no title chances, Marquez can throw all the caution to wind and gun for that victory.

My worst nightmare would be to see a Yamaha in gravel ( anything like in Assen is welcome though). Till Assen I was worried that this would result from a collision b/w Rossi and Lorenzo. Now I am more concerned about this risk from Marquez.

If Mathew's prediction comes true and Marc is broken, well and good. But I'm not too sure about it right now.

Last edited by badri : 1st July 2015 at 22:26.
Old 1st July 2015, 22:26   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
At 320 kmph, there are no friends.

Pleased to see Jorge take Rossi's side.

Pleased also to see him try to play the clown. There is hope for the man yet.
Don't really think JLO would even try to cross paths once again with Rossi after all their mega within-the-same-team rivalry and the wall that came up between their respective garages.

IMO, he did the right thing by not getting involved and keeping it light, the reporters really tried a lot to get him to take a side.

Last edited by Parth46 : 1st July 2015 at 22:30.
Old 1st July 2015, 22:41   #364
BHPian

Check out this video and look at Wilco's analysis ( approx. 19 min onwards) on the incident at last chicane. He is pretty much spot on. Rossi just had no option but to do what he did.

Also, this video shows some new angles and one can see how quick the incident happened. The conspiracy theory that Rossi engineered the touch to cut across the chicane seems ridiculous ( can't believe that Bradley Smith said so). His reactions were just instantaneous.No time for any thinking.

Last edited by badri : 1st July 2015 at 22:54.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 23:40   #365
BHPian

I do think I'm one of the more neutral parties in most subjects, arising out of some deep introspection a few years ago about the need for personal icons/heroes for motivation, loyalties and principles. In short, I try to be loyal to principles/ethics/values/skills/talent/knowledge rather than to people - for people may change - a once upright constable might be corrupt commissioner, for example.

As with religion, it's not god I have a problem (I'm atheist), it's his fan-club. Likewise, the Rossi fanboys leave a bitter taste in their derision of all riders not wearing the 46 number.

I like Rossi a lot, personally, for his racing though , not post-race antics. I didn't like Lorenzo in 2008 when Rossi was the king, but having watched every race since 2007 season, I saw Lorenzo take the fight to Rossi, and win. Over the years, he's become smoother, precise and polished. He has won my respect. Ditto for Marquenz, when as a noob to MotoGP ( I don't follow the 125/Moto2 classes ) , but seeing him ride - and win 9,10 races of a season, he won my respect. Pedrosa too, even though he never won a championship. Same goes for some lower rung riders like both Andreas, Cal , Bautista.

Much as I disapprove of Rossi being derided, I do see the Rossi fanboys provoke the non-Rossi fanboys into it by calling other riders names. Why take it so personally ? It's not they're your real world friends/relatives even.

That said - Rossi is a great racer, but I think he's past his best days. He's still very fast, competitive, and hats off to him. But winning one race after not winning 4 in a row, or that his last championship was in 2009 - and he's been 3 years on Ducati and 2 on Yamaha, still not winning the trophy - means the game has moved on where he's not as dominant as he used to be.

Funny too, when fanboys praise Rossi for starting in 3rd row and then fighting to podium, and deriding Lorenzo as able to win only if he can qualify in 1st row - yet when Rossi starts at pole and Lorenzo starts in 3rd row and finishes on the podium, it's like Lorenzo's a loser. When Rossi has problems and it's someone else winning, you're quick to defend it, but when Lorenzo rides with injured limbs or has bike problems, it's his fault, he can't ride.

See the lack of consistency there?
Personally, I think Stoner is the most talented of the recent crop of riders, he could ride just about any bike fast, though it meant crashing more. Other riders like Rossi and Lorenzo seem to ride well only when the bike is setup and performs conforming to their style. Marquenz has a bit of Stoner's riding style, he rides on the edge more , often sliding and manhandling the bike.
Different styles are in part why some riders win more on some circuits and not on others. Lorenzo hasn't got a good record at Assen. It's the season's average that counts, and we have half more to go.

Fingers crossed. May the best rider win.

Quote:
Don't really think JLO would even try to cross paths once again with Rossi after all their mega within-the-same-team rivalry
He did so in 2009-10, so what makes you think he won't now ?

Last edited by Ricci : 1st July 2015 at 23:57.
Ricci is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 06:18   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Funny too, when fanboys praise Rossi for starting in 3rd row and then fighting to podium, and deriding Lorenzo as able to win only if he can qualify in 1st row - yet when Rossi starts at pole and Lorenzo starts in 3rd row and finishes on the podium, it's like Lorenzo's a loser. When Rossi has problems and it's someone else winning, you're quick to defend it, but when Lorenzo rides with injured limbs or has bike problems, it's his fault, he can't ride.

See the lack of consistency there?
+1

Agree with you!

I'm intrigued by the amount of negative comments towards Lorenzo here. Irrespective of what happens on track, he seem to be at the receiving end.

During the years they were team mates, Rossi scored 1607 points to Lorenzo's 1580 (till date). This includes Lorenzo's rookie season in which he was a whopping 183 points behind. That's just 27 points difference over five and a half seasons riding next to GOAT! Not too shabby right?

Quote:
That said - Rossi is a great racer, but I think he's past his best days. He's still very fast, competitive, and hats off to him. But winning one race after not winning 4 in a row, or that his last championship was in 2009 - and he's been 3 years on Ducati and 2 on Yamaha, still not winning the trophy - means the game has moved on where he's not as dominant as he used to be.
Have to differ with you on this though.

One highly appreciable achievement of Rossi over the last couple of seasons is his hard work to adapt to new style of riding. When he came back to Yamaha he understood that the game has moved on and he has to adapt. He also observed and picked up nuances from newer riders like Marquez. Now, his riding is quite different from few seasons ago. He hangs off the bike more, elbow scrapes etc. It is proving to be effective in dealing with the new kid on the block.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd July 2015 at 09:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:40   #367
BHPian

"Marquez attempted inside, but Valentino defended himself and was forced to leave the track and cross the escape route - said Stoner Speaking to Sky Sports at the Goodwood Festival of Speed ​​(pictured next to "King "Kenny Roberts) - Honestly, that's racing. Valentino had proven to be the driver to beat in Assen, it has been in front for the whole weekend and is really strong this year, is impressive. "

Read more: MotoGP, Assen: Stoner assolve Rossi http://www.gpone.com/en/201506291740...#ixzz3ehfhdjhy

Casey also in support of Rossi...

may be Stoner has not forgotten the sermon give by LORD Rossi to him @LAGUNA Secca(2008) .i.e "that's racing CASEY",
sanjaymugur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:07   #368
Team-BHP Support

The faces do say it all. At Assen 2015
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-cig90btuaaa_9zw.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:12   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Can I make a request to both camps, even while being part of one?
Can we please not use terms like fanboys etc against either one? it just sounds a little pokey, know what I mean? Freedom and nose thing, i suppose. There was a lot of clutter in the past month on both threads, and it seems it got completely out of hand.

Remember, there would be no appreciation of any rider if there weren't others on the track.

Personally, I am more for the scraps than clear fly-bys to victory. It was why F1 got boring with Schumi, with vettel, and now with hammy(Not complaining!!).

PS: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...e-storm/179231
This piece that parth posted, except for the second to last line, looking at ebonho's last few, it seems he's moonlighting here!!!
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:04   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Can I make a request to both camps, even while being part of one?
Can we please not use terms like fanboys etc against either one? it just sounds a little pokey, know what I mean? Freedom and nose thing, i suppose. There was a lot of clutter in the past month on both threads, and it seems it got completely out of hand.

Remember, there would be no appreciation of any rider if there weren't others on the track.

Personally, I am more for the scraps than clear fly-bys to victory. It was why F1 got boring with Schumi, with vettel, and now with hammy(Not complaining!!).

PS: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...e-storm/179231
This piece that parth posted, except for the second to last line, looking at ebonho's last few, it seems he's moonlighting here!!!
Yeah I agree. I object to being called a fanboy. The correct terminology being fanboi ..... with an "i"

The link above is taking me directly uncontrollably sliding into a 404 .... Gravel Trap error bro.

Who's moonlighting? Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
"Marquez attempted inside, but Valentino defended himself and was forced to leave the track and cross the escape route - said Stoner Speaking to Sky Sports at the Goodwood Festival of Speed ​​(pictured next to "King "Kenny Roberts) - Honestly, that's racing. Valentino had proven to be the driver to beat in Assen, it has been in front for the whole weekend and is really strong this year, is impressive. "

Read more: MotoGP, Assen: Stoner assolve Rossi http://www.gpone.com/en/201506291740...#ixzz3ehfhdjhy

Casey also in support of Rossi...

may be Stoner has not forgotten the sermon give by LORD Rossi to him @LAGUNA Secca(2008) .i.e "that's racing CASEY",
Am I the only one, or are there others here who would actually pay to see a Stoner versus Marquez head to header on equal bikes?

Last edited by ebonho : 2nd July 2015 at 12:07.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:30   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Much as I disapprove of Rossi being derided, I do see the Rossi fanboys provoke the non-Rossi fanboys into it by calling other riders names. Why take it so personally ? It's not they're your real world friends/relatives even.
Where would we be without some healthy banter? It's the world of high-stakes MotoGP, not a family re-union, with all due respect. And the irrelevant poking has mostly stopped after some steps taken by the mods.

Of course, none of these folks are our real-world relatives or friends - but in such a case what's really the point of even following the sport and these riders? Would anyone really stop supporting/adoring/encouraging SRT, Schumi, Lance, Gilchrist, Jordan (pick your hero here, these are mine) just cause there's no personal connection? Don't think so.

Quote:
Beg to differ here mate, it's the same thing that's been discussed to death in these last million pages on both threads - Yeah - he's old, he's been there and done that, not won in a while, and the new lot is quick. Completely agree. I never said the new lot is not good and that I don't like them - please refer to my several earlier posts - but my main point is this : Rossi's still kicking butt, leading the title race, and has completely revamped his riding style after his ill-fated stint at Ducati. Not easy after 2 decades at the top, right? And that's why he has my undiluted, bordering-on-illogical respect. Let the new guys do similar stuff over 19 years and who knows, perhaps they'll join the GOAT for their day in the sun.

I personally feel he's in the best damn shape of his life, just look at the epic scraps over the course of this season, and it's not even half-way yet! It would be a brave, brave man indeed to bet against him winning his tenth title.

Quote:
Simple, why would he barge in amidst an escalating feud? As long as MM can regularly insert himself between the two Yamaha bikes and snatch vital points, whoever is on the leading Yamaha would be happy right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hehe, this thread is always open in a pinned tab. My working hours are really erratic.

Last edited by Parth46 : 2nd July 2015 at 12:36.
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:31   #372
BHPian

What I would pay REAL money to see is Mick Doohan and Rossi head to head in the 500cc Repsol Honda NSRs!!! Now that would be pitting the gods against each other...
killjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:19   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As with religion, it's not god I have a problem (I'm atheist), it's his fan-club. Likewise, the Rossi fanboys leave a bitter taste in their derision of all riders not wearing the 46 number.

Much as I disapprove of Rossi being derided, I do see the Rossi fanboys provoke the non-Rossi fanboys into it by calling other riders names. Why take it so personally ?
Thankfully some sensible words said in this thread. I have been a MotoGP fan for only the past few years and I cannot quote championship points, what teams, what riders some 20 years back and try and support them blindly.

Honestly, I just got so bored with the poking in this thread. Seems kiddish to me.
naveenroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 22:29   #374
BHPian

Amazing Save !

Old 7th July 2015, 09:29   #375
BHPian

Awaiting another action filled round at Sachsenring this weekend. Hoping Rossi & Marquez ignite the fireworks yet again at Sachsenring with Lorenzo being in the mix too.

Am sure Marquez will try another kamikaze move if he battles it with Rossi again for the win. Personally would love to see Lorenzo battle with Marquez too giving him something to ponder about. Lorenzo can really mean business and race hard when he really wants it and its time he does it instead of fizzling out of this championship race by avoiding a one on one head on battle with the likes of these two riders.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks