Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:45   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post

Ebonho, you just can't believe how much I want this 10th championship to happen, and how many times I've come this close to redeeming my mutual fund portfolio to go to some relatively nearby track like Qatar etc to watch one race live in my lifetime, but damned if I would be able to.

Here's to the legend man! Truly one of the last few gems of sport bridging the old-new divide across generations.
I thank my lucky stars that I could watch the God of Motogp live in Indianapolis in 2008 which he won and ofcourse won the title that year. I agree with you that Motogp will never be the same without the Doc.

P.S: Somebody had earlier mentioned something about Rossi fanboys in this thread, I wonder where he is now
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:57   #62
BHPian

In my opinion - Ducati's newfound strength comes from erogonomics. Ducati bike is now much more compact when compared to their earlier ones. For rideers - more compact bike means more freedom to move around on the bike and greater control over the bike.
It is a different animal from what Rossi has driven in past - It is much more like Honda now.
While the verdict is till out there - I wonder what would have been if such bike was provided to Rossi when he was with Ducati.
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:19   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, I thought this thread had not been put up.
I did not catch the first race live ,Vale won. Caught the second, came third. Didn't catch the third, Vale won. So I guess the rest of the season is clear.

Argentina was typical old school Rossi, was it not? Once he's on the way, it's more or less eventual. Those seasons from long ago of deflating egos at the last corner, or the last laps?

I hope this is not the last bow, but is it possible to have race threads for this season only?
Old 23rd April 2015, 13:07   #64
BHPian

There is no doubt Rossi is a legend. Guy has seen so many changes coming through in racing and has managed to adapt so well, this deserves the sort of fan following he has.
What is unfortunate for marquez is that he hardly has any big names in MotoGp to beat today, compare it with the competition Rossi had to deal with - Kenny Roberts Jr, Biaggi, Gibernau, Capirossi, Nicky hayden, Casey stoner.
But i feel the younger generation of today who have started to follow MotoGp only recently will idolize Rossi, (recently 4-5 years), To these Rossi appears to be a falling superstar who should have retired long back. i'm sure if we take a poll Rossi fans will be older than marquez fans.
My nephew (19 years) didn't like it when Rossi won, all through the race the only thing he was interested was in the progress of Lorenzo
I mean Rossi will be forever remembered as one of the greats of the sport but i doubt if his fan base is increasing as the days pass.

Quote:
adapted to bikes and racing styles, and still is fit enough and winning enough to give the new guys sleepless nights, there's no shame in hailing the great man.
Sure, to prove a point Just look at Hiroshi Aoyama's performance in the last 2 races, this aboard the "supposedly" all-conquering Honda. He was the last 2-strokes champion in the 250cc class, failed miserably ever since the switch over to 4 strokes.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 10:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Marquez crashes in practice. Might miss home race.

As I said, there is someone inside someone's head now. And it beginning to show.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 13:07   #66
BHPian

Some good insights and behind the scenes inputs from the MM93 interview. Makes for interesting reading, even though I don't agree with a lot of things put across .

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...o-rossi-motogp
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 13:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some good insights and behind the scenes inputs from the MM93 interview. Makes for interesting reading, even though I don't agree with a lot of things put across .

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...o-rossi-motogp
Other champions before him have made the mistake of assuming that Rossi was fighting for his "last chance" ..... only to never be heard of again years down the line, while Rossi continued racing and winning.

Of course Ross is closer to retiring now than he was then. But that this is his last year, is really making one hell of an assumption. He's fit, he's fast, and he's hungry. And he can still get into a racer's head.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 14:04   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Other champions before him have made the mistake of assuming that Rossi was fighting for his "last chance" ..... only to never be heard of again years down the line, while Rossi continued racing and winning.

Of course Ross is closer to retiring now than he was then. But that this is his last year, is really making one hell of an assumption. He's fit, he's fast, and he's hungry. And he can still get into a racer's head.
Totally agree with you, that's why I mentioned in my post that I'm not entirely convinced by some of his points. Many have made that mistake in the past of underestimating Rossi, and I'm actually surprised at this since Rossi has clearly mentioned very recently that he aims to try and continue to be fit and even extend his Yamaha contract beyond 2016 if it works out for everyone.

So not really the "last chance" that people are portraying it to be.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 11:56   #69
BHPian

Mind Games!
Like Rossi sparred with Biaggi - Marquez is trying to get to Rossi.
Whether he is successful or not remains to be seen.
TBH - Marquez looks like most complete successor to Rossi than anyone else currently. He has immense talent - and like Rossi - his success too is getting credited to technologically superior Honda.
Only 10 years later we would be able to say who was better!
Old 30th April 2015, 12:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

Stoner was pretty good too, before his premature retirement. I liked his hang off back it in ride the bronco style on the Ducati more than I like watching Marquez race.
Old 30th April 2015, 16:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I cannot understand really what has happened suddenly to Lorenzo. Why has he dropped off?

I mean, Rossi has the bike he wants finally. Does that mean Lorenzo does not? Or do factories only folow a single template, and one rider gets the short end of the stick?
Oh man, this is so much fun, I had to take crap for so long from my mates during the Lorenzo days, all my mates are yam fan boys and he was the future and blah blah, and it is so sweet now
Khodays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 18:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
Oh man, this is so much fun, I had to take crap for so long from my mates during the Lorenzo days, all my mates are yam fan boys and he was the future and blah blah, and it is so sweet now
LOL and am pretty sure you are returning the favor now with relish and suitable interest!
Old 2nd May 2015, 17:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
I am a Doctor fan boy, ever since I started watching MotoGP Mick Doohan was wining for Yamaha and then I saw Rossi come to force and staying at peak for a very long time.

Lorenzo is a winner as well, hope you remember he took a fall last season and it is not so easy to recover instantly. At pinnacle of the sport each second counts towards a lap and I am sure if I am hurt at my ankle I try to preserve myself as much as I can even running after my toddler
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:57   #74
BHPian

SpanishGP: Not exactly an exciting race but Lorenzo is back
Marquez interestingly said its the right hand which was more painful, lets hope not another 'arm pump' also ducatis struggling for the first time this season.
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 00:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Disappointing race. Boring race.

Lorenzo looked relieved more than elated.

Hats off to the kid for racing with a broken finger. He must have had the jitters though with Rossi closing in the end. Sadly that was not to be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks