Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 12:01   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Nice chose to ignore for reasons best known to you,
Yes, best known to me. I planned this in my hollow volcano HQ.
Anyway, I am just posting what was there in the article. there's bouquets, there's brickbats. Have the rest also presented bipolar statements? I dont know, didnt check the history.
Opinions are divided, presented. Like repsol have threatened to pull out if such shenanigans continue.
Geez,I hope I dont fall over while hitting ente.....

EDIT: Nothing broken, thankfully. I picked myself up to post this, what I think is the most balanced and detached analysis/review of the whole deplorable weekend:
https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...oes_who_h.html

Too long for a post, hence, only the lin..........

Last edited by mayankk : 27th October 2015 at 12:10.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:28   #737
BHPian

What the point in winning a championship in begging and pleading people to not race him and let him go to the front. I became a fan of Rossi just because he was able to overcome these niggles and odds with sheer speed and racing talent. You can produce all the analysis in the world to justify his actions. But he has already lost it and by his latest actions lost many fans too, at least me. I still don't understand the MM helping JL in Australia argument, If so why in the world would he produce the greatest lap of the race and beat JL and make him loose 7 precious points if he wanted to help JL beat Rossi. And professional teams like Honda will never allow that even if the rider is the greatest in the world.
AJITHAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 16:54   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJITHAAA View Post
I still don't understand the MM helping JL in Australia argument, If so why in the world would he produce the greatest lap of the race and beat JL and make him loose 7 precious points if he wanted to help JL beat Rossi. And professional teams like Honda will never allow that even if the rider is the greatest in the world.

If Marquez was racing his own private bike, then he sure as hell would let Lorenzo win. But he races for a team called Honda and is bound by contract to finish to the best of his ability. Had he gone back to the pits after still having the pace to win but not doing so because of a personal vendetta, he would get an earful and some! He played around with Rossi just enough to make him lose as many points as possible but at the same time he left enough time to take the slower Lorenzo down. Even if Rossi had finished third and Lorenzo second, he would have achieved what he set out to do.
Call me nuts or blind or both, but this is what i believe to have happened. And with that I rest my case.
Actually I came here to post this- http://www.topgear.com/car-news/moto...is-motogp-bike
Unbelievable how a big publication like Top Gear can be so irresponsible with reporting the news. I know they aren't known for motorsports coverage, let alone MotoGP, but still, they do have a responsibility and voicing such blinded and judgy opinions as news is wrong. I could never imagine them resorting to presstitution for more hits. Sad.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:10   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
If Marquez was racing his own private bike, then he sure as hell would let Lorenzo win. But he races for a team called Honda and is bound by contract to finish to the best of his ability. Had he gone back to the pits after still having the pace to win but not doing so because of a personal vendetta, he would get an earful and some! He played around with Rossi just enough to make him lose as many points as possible but at the same time he left enough time to take the slower Lorenzo down. Even if Rossi had finished third and Lorenzo second, he would have achieved what he set out to do.
Call me nuts or blind or both, but this is what i believe to have happened. And with that I rest my case.
Actually I came here to post this- http://www.topgear.com/car-news/moto...is-motogp-bike
Unbelievable how a big publication like Top Gear can be so irresponsible with reporting the news. I know they aren't known for motorsports coverage, let alone MotoGP, but still, they do have a responsibility and voicing such blinded and judgy opinions as news is wrong. I could never imagine them resorting to presstitution for more hits. Sad.
Wow what a contradiction. Fast enough to win the race but slow enough to delay Rossi. If he is trying to delay Rossi then he cannot win the race and if he won the race then Rossi was no match for him. Admit it. Regarding TG's article, like all the analysis, comments and reports supporting Rossi(in your words, Prestitution) here is a counter argument or article. Live with it.
AJITHAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:26   #740
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Wow what a contradiction. Fast enough to win the race but slow enough to delay Rossi. If he is trying to delay Rossi then he cannot win the race and if he won the race then Rossi was no match for him. Admit it. Regarding TG's article, like all the analysis, comments and reports supporting Rossi(in your words, Prestitution) here is a counter argument or article. Live with it.

Too blinded by hate-I feel you, brother!
You know, when I saw the accident happen live, I was shocked! My heart, quite literally, sank. I couldn't believe that Rossi just 'kicked' Marquez down. I went as far as calling Rossi a villain. The same Rossi I grew up blindly worshiping. I was physically hurting and sad and angry.
But then better angles of replays turned up and I wasn't as quick to judge anymore and I could see what happened with an open mind. And now I believe in him even more and with a renewed and stronger faith.
And believe me, I really was looking forward to see Marquez achieve greatness just like Rossi has. It is not everyday that such great talents come up. I just hope he gets his head out of his back side soon, because until then he won't be able to see clearly ahead.
Peace out.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th October 2015 at 18:19. Reason: Please avoid using abusive terms. Thanks
shyn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:29   #741
BHPian

Rossi is racing in Valencia! Just Tweeted few mins back!

https://twitter.com/ValeYellow46/sta...73235644637184

Please translate it.

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 27th October 2015 at 17:30. Reason: Added link to the Tweet.
SohailPistawala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:38   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post

Please translate it.
Verbatim from Google translate :

Thank you all for the great support, read you helped me overcome bitterness and pissed off.
From today we are working for Valencia.

EDIT : Valencia does owe VR a title, right??

Last edited by Parth46 : 27th October 2015 at 17:41.
Parth46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:59   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Too blinded by hate-I feel you, brother!
You know, when I saw the accident happen live, I was shocked! My heart, quite literally, sank. I couldn't believe that Rossi just 'kicked' Marquez down. I went as far as calling Rossi a villain. The same Rossi I grew up blindly worshiping. I was physically hurting and sad and angry.
But then better angles of replays turned up and I wasn't as quick to judge anymore and I could see what happened with an open mind. And now I believe in him even more and with a renewed and stronger faith.
And believe me, I really was looking forward to see Marquez achieve greatness just like Rossi has. It is not everyday that such great talents come up. I just hope he gets his head out of his back side soon, because until then he won't be able to see clearly ahead.
Peace out.
Not blinded by hate, but sad to see a hero fall from grace and not able to race for a win. Some who has to resort to blame and conspiracy theories to sustain his inability to race for a win. I do not know where MM has his head and frankly I don't care. The two odd laps where VR and MM were scrapping were the best parts of the race. They should have kept at it and race would have sorted out itself. Instead we all know what happened.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th October 2015 at 18:37. Reason: Quoted post corrected against foul language. Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:11   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not blinded by hate, but sad to see a hero fall from grace and not able to race for a win. Some who has to resort to blame and conspiracy theories to sustain his inability to race for a win. I do not know where MM has his head and frankly I don't care. The two odd laps where VR and MM were scrapping were the best parts of the race. They should have kept at it and race would have sorted out itself. Instead we all know what happened.

And just like that you write off 20 years of his contribution and innumerable records and achievements judging by this one weekend! Not fair.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:15   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Verbatim from Google translate :

Thank you all for the great support, read you helped me overcome bitterness and pissed off.
From today we are working for Valencia.

EDIT : Valencia does owe VR a title, right??

Great to see the champion not give up without a fight.
Like his autobiography says "What If I Had Never Tried It"

May the best man win at Valencia.
Scratch that.
May Rossi win.
(Please God Please!)
nishsingh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:19   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post

Please translate it.
Best news i have heard since Sunday! Thanks!!

Quote:
his inability to race for a win.
Yes, his inability to "win" has him staring still at 7 points more than the fastest qualifier on the grid! Having the reigning 21 year old world champion "fight" to keep him at bay? Having Lorenzo calling him the greatest when asked to choose between Agostini or Hailwood! yes, happened in 2013. Look:

All said, even Vale knows the young ones are faster than him. It is time, but not yet! Not when the new age champs are having to still prove their mettle! Their erstwhile idol is still in contention!

From Today, we work for Valencia!!!!

Last edited by wolfy : 27th October 2015 at 18:36.
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:27   #747
Team-BHP Support

I knew it at heart, after all the drama he would race! Old dog still has it in him and he can't say no to a good fight on the track.

Would be super fun to watch, especially if MM comes in front of him during the race

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th October 2015 at 18:37.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:02   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But he races for a team called Honda and is bound by contract to finish to the best of his ability. Had he gone back to the pits after still having the pace to win but not doing so because of a personal vendetta, he would get an earful and some!
DISCLAIMER: All of what I state is purely my opinion and I make no effort to portray opinion as fact.

Whatever "proof"(read laptimes) Rossi had to allege that Marquez was intentionally hindering his championship campaign and favouring Lorenzo, Honda would have had, too.

Whatever Rossi inferred from that proof, Honda would have, too.

And if Honda truly felt that Marquez wasn't doing his best intentionally and was settling for second when he could be first, Honda, of all manufacturers would not take it.

Honda takes huge pride in their machines. This was evident in the Rossi and Repsol Honda saga in the early 2000's. If they wouldn't stand down from their views that the bike is more important than the rider even for Rossi, who had just won three titles in a row with them. Clearly, they would not stand someone intentionally getting their bikes to 2nd place, when he could be 1st. Once Rossi made the allegations, Honda would've been prompted to go back and check the data if they hadn't done so already and might've had a word with their rider if that was indeed the case. And I really doubt someone, even Marquez, can be so naive to try the same stunt again.

This also reminds me of Fernando Alonso vs Vitaly Petrov in Abu Dhabi, 2010. If Alonso would pass Vitaly Petrov and reach 4th place, he would be world champion. But he couldn't find his way past Petrov and ended up 7th in the race and 2nd in the championship to Vettel by four points. Here's what they had to say about it:

Petrov: "So I didn't do anything other than I kept pushing. I like battles and things like this, but I wasn't aggressive. That was a normal race. I won't let anybody pass easily. I want to show I am not here to just drive around for fun."

Alonso: "“I tried to pass him once, it was very aggressive but that’s the way it is. He drove very well, with no mistakes, and I think next year we’ll try again."

This is motorsport, no is supposed to lie down and let someone else pass. Why should Marquez? Only because Rossi is a championship contender? Besides, those lap times really don't mean much. People who are away at the front will definitely be faster than two people who are having the scrap of their lives. Using that as fodder for one's allegations is just puerile in my opinion. Unless there is more concrete evidence, I will just write that off as mind games on the part of Rossi.

In my opinion, (maybe even a conspiracy theory?), Rossi said those things to try and ensure that Marquez wouldn't get in his way in the race should a straight fight between them ensue. But guess his plan backfired and it only incensed the supposedly mercurial Marquez even more leading to whatever transpired on Sunday. The master of mind games just got tutored in my opinion.

Peace.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 27th October 2015 at 19:04.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:08   #749
BHPian

Quote:
And just like that you write off 20 years of his contribution and innumerable records and achievements judging by this one weekend! Not fair.
I am nobody to write of his records or his achievements, they will stand no matter what. There have been transgressions in the past which we all overlooked. As I put in my first comment, if you cannot race to win or race at all better be flipping burgers.
Old 27th October 2015, 19:25   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
DISCLAIMER: All of what I state is purely my opinion.....even more leading to whatever transpired on Sunday. The master of mind games just got tutored in my opinion.

1. Ofcourse Honda would have whopped him had he not finished first and Marquez knew it too. Exactly why he then moved on to take Lorenzo.
2. Nobody here, specially me, is saying that Marquez or anyone infront of Rossi should just move out of his way because he is riding towards his 10th championship!
Like the Alonso example you used, had it been a fair race, Rossi too would have been gracious in defeat. But he, and ofcourse me, believe Marquez was trying to slow Rossi down to take as many points from him as possible.
3. About the plan back-firing and the master being tutored, that I can let slide as your opinion. But the first two points, I believe to be as factual as Rossi not kicking Marquez down. Opinions cannot trump facts. Period.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th October 2015 at 22:20. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid quoting entire large posts when replying. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks