Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2015, 19:42   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Didn't see the race but i hear in other forums that Marc was at 1 point blocking Dani from attacking JLo.

Anyway, I guess JLo wins the championship. Too bad for the doctor, a 10th would have been fabulous.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th November 2015 at 08:37. Reason: Edited out the unwanted bits.
Old 8th November 2015, 19:52   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Didn't see the race but i hear in other forums that Marc was at 1 point blocking Dani from attacking JLo.

Lol. There are also some crazier extremists who are bringing in the whole Spain thing and saying it took all of Spain to plot against and deny Rossi his 10th crown. Like this post from 9gag.
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446992373.859042.jpg

But both Lorenzo and Rossi rode above and beyond their limits and Lorenzo came out on top. Period.
Looking forward to the next year now.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 20:03   #843
BHPian

Amazing race. But I wanted Honda to win anyway :(
Old 8th November 2015, 20:04   #844
Senior - BHPian

Twitter and Facebook is flooded with people claiming Marquez was just guarding Lorenzo from being overtaken by anyone else to ensure he gets the title.

That said, Lorenzo said in his post-race interview that he was just focussing on riding as fast as he could. He also mentioned that he didn't look at the pit boards while crossing the start-finish straight.

It seems odd to me, in the beginning of the season, everyone said, Rossi was fastest, Lorenzo was fastest, Marquez was fastest. Fast forward to the end where Marquez passing Lorenzo would help Rossi's championship campaign, suddenly, Marquez is unanimously the fastest person on the grid who is slowing down intentionally to protect Lorenzo.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 20:05   #845
BHPian

Only if MM had done 20% of what he did to VR in the last race, the story would've been different.

I always thought guardian angels are imaginary. Today I realized they truly exist to protect you!
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 20:06   #846
BHPian

Well, this is what the amazing 2015 season came down to...the GOAT continues to win hearts by giving it his all, and falling just short of pulling off a miracle.

Heartbreaking, to say the least - Such a huge handicap couldn't deter the GOD, just a lot of what-ifs.

Great ride by Dani as well, feel sorry for the man for the "team" he's got and the bad luck that hounds him.

#IOSTOCONVALE
#FORZAVALE
#THEGOAT #VR46

Will leave you all with this:
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-12219583_1054448634587947_4485202357311053067_n.jpg  

Last edited by Parth46 : 8th November 2015 at 20:13.
Parth46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:30   #847
BHPian

And a video as well:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1075451149133707
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 MotoGP Thread-kimi.jpg  

Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:39   #848
BHPian

Firstly, an awesome race by Rossi from the back of the grid. It is much more impressive than Marquez's win from back of grid in Moto 2. Motogp is culmination level in motorcyle racing and Rossi was overtaking world champions on his unbelievable run to fourth. He did face some scary moments when overtaking Hayden, Smith, Pol and Dovi but pulled it off like a champ. Post race, his demeanor showed how big a heart he has. Having a big smile, waving to cameras and accepting the result like a hero.

Kudos to Lorenzo for riding a very impressive race at the front. People may criticize Marquez for blocking Pedrosa but I think that it is a bit far stretched. If Marquez wanted to help Lorenzo win, he wouldn't have hounded him for 30 laps with the gap never increasing more than half a second. When Pedrosa was 3 seconds behind, Marquez could have dropped back from Lorenzo, slowed Pedrosa and let Lorenzo run away. By running so close to him for literally the entire race, all he did was pressurize Lorenzo more. By attributing Lorenzo's win to Marquez helping him is a big disregard to an amazing ride under pressure.

When I saw Marquez fight Pedrosa, even I had for a fleeting moment thought that he was trying to help Lorenzo. However, in post race interview, Pedrosa did admit that he did miss a gear in one of the corner and that resulted in Marquez getting by.

Last edited by badri : 8th November 2015 at 21:49.
badri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:43   #849
BHPian

Starting from 26th and finishing 4th I dont think any other rider has it in him to handle such immense pressure and still performing outstanding. The history has seen that under pressure many big names have collapsed, but in today's race a true racer has shown what a skill and proper mind set can actually do. Though it is sad the man who deserved didnt get what he should have. But the best part he never gave. The Doctor is a star and will be always!!!!!!!!!!!
Shivanshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 22:18   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
People may criticize Marquez for blocking Pedrosa but I think that it is a bit far stretched. If Marquez wanted to help Lorenzo win, he wouldn't have hounded him for 30 laps with the gap never increasing more than half a second.

When I saw Marquez fight Pedrosa, even I had for a fleeting moment thought that he was trying to help Lorenzo. However, in post race interview, Pedrosa did admit that he did miss a gear in one of the corner and that resulted in Marquez getting by.
Rossi supporters after Sepang: " Marquez, you are a moron. You should not get involved with someone who's fighting for the title. You ruined Rossi's chances, you are a sore loser, you're this, you're that and blah blah blah!"

Rossi supporters after Valencia: "Marquez, you are a moron. Why didn't you beat Lorenzo? Why didn't you overtake him? So what if he's a championship contender? Why didn't you win it for Rossi? Why why why? You are a sore loser, you're this, you're that and blah blah blah."

It's funny how people change their perspective within a race or two?

Conspiracy theorists were assuming Marquez and Pedrosa will serve the championship on a platter to Rossi. They are not able to stomach the fact that Lorenzo won the race, and the championship, like a CHAMPION! The Hondas were sliding all the time and Marquez was pretty much on the limit all through the race, but because he couldn't beat Lorenzo (for Rossi) he's being tagged as an unethical racer.

Lorenzo definitely let himself down with his off-track antics post the Sepang clash, but on the track he's the one who got the job done despite what others blabber about the outcome.
Shivank is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 22:22   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post

Rossi supporters after Sepang: " -----snip------ job done despite what others blabber about the outcome.
Where, on team bhp?
Is there another thread running?
Old 8th November 2015, 22:39   #852
Senior - BHPian

Nice race! Not one to judge if Marc held back but if he did, well, Rossi should have expected it. He should have been smarter and less vindictive last race.

Great race by Lorenzo though but was an even better quali pole lap earlier.

This should have been Rossi's for his consistency, but after the last race, Lorenzo is the deserved winner in my book.
All in all 7 races to 4, speed edged out experience.
Hatari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 22:43   #853
Senior - BHPian

The title Lorenzo won or the title Rossi lost..? This is a debate that'll last forever.
But as some wise old fellows in my college days used to say, "study or copy, its only the final results that matter".
And, what do the results say? Lorenzo is the World Champion, Rossi is the runner-up. No amount of bashing on social media, conspiracy theories, cries for a Peoples Champion crown etc etc is going to change that.

IMO, Rossi has only himself to blame for the loss of the title. Even if there was truth in his earlier allegations about Marc aiding Lorenzo, he could've chosen to keep out of it. One place lost in the previous race wouldn't really have cost him as much his momentary lapse of judgement did.
Eye on the prize, one loose moment; all is lost.
Sad.

On a lighter note, got this on WhatsApp.. really cracked me up.

The 2015 MotoGP Thread-img20151108wa00431.jpg

Last edited by schakravarthy : 8th November 2015 at 22:45.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 23:12   #854
Senior - BHPian

Rossi's views on the race or rather, Marquez after the Valencia GP:

Quote:
Valentino Rossi: “We build this season from the first race, and at the end it was anyway a great season. I was always competitive and never make any mistakes. I think that after Motegi I have the potential to win the championship but unfortunately from the race in Phillip Island something changed and in these last three races we saw something that we never saw before in our sport.
“I think that the situation was already bad, but today was embarrassing for everybody because it was unbelievable, the behaviour of Marquez is something very bad for everything, especially for the sport. It is something that nobody expects, because a Honda rider that made a Yamaha rider win and give the maximum just to push out his teammate is something that nobody expect and I think it is very, very bad news. Anyway, it is like this, we have to accept.
“I am happy because now everybody see what I said in Australia and I don’t understand the behaviour of Marquez but sincerely for me it is very difficult to say something to him because I hope that he will understand what he did in these last three races in the future of his career.
“For sure the Hondas were faster. We know that in the second part of the race Honda have a better potential but Marquez just protect Lorenzo like he did in Phillip Island and also Sepang. At the end I think that also Lorenzo have to not be very happy, as it is not a Championship that was won on track. But anyway is memories.”
More,

Quote:
"Today everyone has seen their plan, this makes me sad and it's a very bad thing for our sport,” said Rossi. “I do not understand why a Honda rider allows Yamaha to win [the race]. I hope this behaviour in time turns against him.
“Lorenzo is a very good rider, it would be nice to battle on equal terms, but I think even he wouldn't be very happy to have won like this.
“I am sad that Marquez acted as bodyguard for Lorenzo. I had already said on Thursday, I was convinced that they would go to the end [with their plan], I was sure they would have conspired against me, as happened in football [Rossi has referred to the infamous so-called ‘Nordic fix’ match when Sweden and Denmark allegedly conspired to knock Italy out of Euro 2004].
“I don't know if Marquez protected Lorenzo because they are both Spanish, but it's sad he chose to be his bodyguard. Lorenzo has never done what Marquez did. But for his behaviour after Malaysia [when he attempted to join the court proceedings], he deserves to be treated like Marquez.
“I'm sad, a great opportunity has vanished and I did not deserve this.”

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 8th November 2015 at 23:14.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 00:41   #855
Senior - BHPian

Putting the fact that this was the last race of the season, the championship decider that too, let's think this was the season opener. The fact that Marquez shadowed Lorenzo all race long without ONE proper attempt seems a little weird to me. Not once was he alongside Lorenzo. There have been races before where Marc shadowed Lorenzo but he then always makes atleast one attempt where he comes in sliding and squirming and precariously close. No matter how fast the man infront of him is, he will try to put his bike on the inside line even if that means coming in too hot and he keeps doing it till he either passes or crashes. This is Marquez we are talking about. He does Marquez things. And he has done this before. He is even known for it. But today he chose to play it a little too safe.
And again, look at this race like say a season opener. Purely objective with no emotions involved. No Rossi, no Lorenzo and no championship fight. No Australia or Sepang before this. Just this race.
Just my two cents.
shyn is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks