Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Lorenzo is as charismatic and exciting as Vettel is for F1.
Majority feel that Lorenzo should not be on the podium.
But I really liked his confidence when he said that Yamaha should make it 4 in a row.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend watching the Yamaha zoom ahead of the Honda. Sometimes feel that Marquez just does not have the heart to fight from poor podium starts.
Old 2nd June 2015, 18:59   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Sometimes feel that Marquez just does not have the heart to fight from poor podium starts.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104164

Marc Marquez once won a wet race after starting from right at the back of the grid in Moto2.
Old 2nd June 2015, 19:02   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104164

Marc Marquez once won a wet race after starting from right at the back of the grid in Moto2.
you mean when the Egyptians built the Pyramids?

Buddie its not what you have done in the past that matters. All that matters is what can be done in the present which draws the confidence on the capabilities for tomorrow.

Cheers.

Last edited by ku69rd : 2nd June 2015 at 19:03. Reason: Grammatical Correction
Old 2nd June 2015, 19:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you mean when the Egyptians built the Pyramids?

Buddie its not what you have done in the past that matters. All that matters is what can be done in the present which draws the confidence on the capabilities for tomorrow.

Cheers.
Many times, you will notice how Marquez has a bad start and then claws his way up the field.

That said, this year's championship looks be be Yamaha vs Yamaha. Unless Honda can get their act together quickly.

A good ride from Dani. His best finish after his Arm Pump issue.
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:08   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Many times, you will notice how Marquez has a bad start and then claws his way up the field.
To be fair, the top 6 factory riders (Yamaha, Honda, Ducati) are on another planet compared to the rest of the field. And the rest of the field are the top best bikers in the world in Moto GP.

At that level, small differences in performance and technology count for so much, that its not uncommon for these 6 to cut through the rest of the field and reach the leading pack. Often within a lap or two from the start. Such is the dominance. And Marquez is hardly the only one of the top 6 who does that. Though admittedly he can often be the most dramatic (and dangerous).

Its what they do from there that really counts. Because at that point, each overtake is a race in itself.
Old 4th June 2015, 09:50   #96
BHPian

I'm posting a few stats from past 3 races to show how supremely dominant Jorge Lorenzo has been over Rossi.He may look boring to you all but he's on the limit every corner,every lap. Over a second faster than Marc in every lap in Mugello.Watch the timer and you'll understand.In the words of Eddie Lawson "If I won and looked slow,what does it say about other guys?"

Mugello: 23 laps*
Lorenzo's grid position: 2nd*
Rossi's grid position: 8th*

Lorenzo's first lap advantage over Rossi =*1.972s*

Lorenzo first reaches 50% of his peak advantage:*Lap 5*
Rossi faster than Lorenzo for first time =*Lap 14 (61% race distance)*

Lorenzo's fastest lap of race =*Lap 4 (1m 47.700s)*
Rossi's fastest lap of race =*Lap 21 (1m 48.173s)*

Lorenzo's peak advantage over Rossi =*9.432s (Lap 18)*
Lorenzo's final advantage over Rossi =*6.661s*

Le Mans: 28 laps*
Lorenzo's grid position: 3rd*
Rossi's grid position: 7th*

Lorenzo's first lap advantage over Rossi =*1.449s*

Lorenzo first reaches 50% of his peak advantage:*Lap 3*
Rossi faster than Lorenzo for first time =*Lap 4 (14% race distance)*

Lorenzo's fastest lap of race =*Lap 2 (1m 33.004s)*
Rossi's fastest lap of race =*Lap 4 (1m 32.879s)*

Lorenzo's peak advantage over Rossi =*3.820s (Lap 28)*
Lorenzo's final advantage over Rossi =*3.820s

erez: 27 laps*
Lorenzo's grid position: 1st*
Rossi's grid position: 5th*

Lorenzo's first lap advantage over Rossi =*0.980s*

Lorenzo first reaches 50% of his peak advantage:*Lap 13*
Rossi faster than Lorenzo for first time =*Lap 16 (59% race distance)*

Lorenzo's fastest lap of race =*Lap 2 (1m 38.735s)*
Rossi's fastest lap of race =*Lap 2 (1m 39.186s)*

Lorenzo's peak advantage over Rossi =*11.586s (Lap 27)*
Lorenzo's final advantage over Rossi =*11.586s

Bear in mind, Rossi is in the form of his life gathering 118 points in 6 rounds and never finishing off the podium.This is his best start to his entire motogp career.But with the form Lorenzo is showing,Rossi is very intimidated currently saying "jorge's form is bad news for me". Just want to end this saying "Go Lorenzo!" get that 3rd world title.

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 4th June 2015 at 10:00. Reason: Added more text
MonsterPatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 11:53   #97
Senior - BHPian

Numbers .....

Lorenzo, like his compatriot Pedrosa, belong to a generation who are great when ahead. They are great qualifiers - when nobody else is gunning on their behind, their front tyre inches from their leathered behind, their engine wail filling the insides of their helmets.

They are really good at starting ahead and then staying ahead. They know this whole modern qualifying game better.

Rossi belongs to a generation that knows how to battle and actually race.

There is a big difference. Both in the racers, and their respective fans.

Go Papa. Go get your EIGHT Moto GP title.

Last edited by ebonho : 4th June 2015 at 11:54.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 12:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Numbers .....
I completely agree. For me Lorenzo is all about starting from the front and them maintaining that lead, almost like a robot. No denying he's super quick, but is that really good racing? Have we ever seen several examples of Lorenzo going on a major charge, running through several places from say 7th on the grid and then fighting hard and eventually winning? I don't think there would be too many examples of that and that's why perhaps he is not much liked by his team mate's fans, like someone mentioned a few posts ago.

Rossi has never been a great qualifier, but has his starting place on the grid ever been an accurate indicator of which position he will finish the race in? He is all about the heat of the battle, and scrapping hard to beat others in the race and then win.

Having said that, I still feel he needs to qualify a few places higher and no point in letting Lorenzo run away in the early few laps. Lorenzo might be quick but he's honestly not much fun.

My $0.02

Cheers,
Parth
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 13:19   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Lorenzo might be quick but he's honestly not much fun.
As I said in an earlier post. The Sebastian Vetttel of Moto GP.
Old 4th June 2015, 14:50   #100
BHPian

Quote:
A majority of Moto GP enthusiasts (Rossi tifosi or not) don't like him because he is boring. Post race antics count for nothing. Plain and simple unvarnished truth. Give me "Moaner" Stoner over him any day (said after the fact of course ....). Lorenzo is as charismatic and exciting as Vettel is for F1.
I very much prefer Stoner's raw riding style over Lorenzo's smoothness. But then, he's gone for good. What I don't particularly like about Lorenzo is his hypocrisy, and that he tries to mimic Rossi on many occasions. Still, can't actually call him boring (on-track that is!).

Quote:
Sometimes feel that Marquez just does not have the heart to fight from poor podium starts.
Uhmm, I don't know what you're on about here. He did make a good start at Mugello this year, didn't he? Having started from the fifth row, he was already up to third spot when he crashed. The biggest trouble for him this year has been his bike that is not suited to his riding style, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
I completely agree. For me Lorenzo is all about starting from the front and them maintaining that lead, almost like a robot. Lorenzo might be quick but he's honestly not much fun.
So, Lorenzo needs to slow down, mix-up with others and 'race' in the name of entertainment? Racing is not about scrapping leathers as much as it is about finishing first, I believe. Not being able to catch Lorenzo on the track is other riders' fault, not Lorenzo's. Till the time other top riders up their game and match Lorenzo's race-pace, blame them for all the boredom you experience while watching a MotoGP race. ;-)
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rossi belongs to a generation that knows how to battle and actually race.

Bro,

Oh Oh then what happened to his stint with Ducati?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bro,

Oh Oh then what happened to his stint with Ducati?
He never gelled with the bike. In the end he had to come back to Yamaha to be competitive. Luckily for him and Yamaha and us he never burned his bridges with them as he did with Honda.
Old 4th June 2015, 15:46   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Luckily for him and Yamaha and us he never burned his bridges with them as he did with Honda.
Bro,

Somehow I still fail to understand as to why he did not stick on with Ducati to make it a championship winning motorcycle?

Remember when he joined Yamaha, Yams were actually tanking. They desperately needed someone gifted to pull them up from the doldrums and get back to where they needed to be.

Rossi should have stayed on with the Ducati (after all its an Italian Team and you know how much local lingos matter) and tuned them better.

PS: I have my own respects for Rossi but I am a BIG BIG Fan of Yamaha GO GO!!!
Old 4th June 2015, 16:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bro,

Somehow I still fail to understand as to why he did not stick on with Ducati to make it a championship winning motorcycle?

Remember when he joined Yamaha, Yams were actually tanking. They desperately needed someone gifted to pull them up from the doldrums and get back to where they needed to be.

Rossi should have stayed on with the Ducati (after all its an Italian Team and you know how much local lingos matter) and tuned them better.

PS: I have my own respects for Rossi but I am a BIG BIG Fan of Yamaha GO GO!!!
He tried all he could. You can take a horse to the water and all that .....

He invested enough precious years of his career, that too in his sunset years, for that "Italian" loyalty.

In the end it was his most die hard Italian fans who were begging him to leave. Most feel he spent a year too many at Ducati anyways. Truly the wasted years. Don't forget it was just not the years he lost at Ducati, but also the year in the wilderness on a Lorezo-ed Yamaha after coming back.

Maybe some of what he left behind is showing itself in the Ducs this year. Maybe he left too early.

Who cares?

I have zero loyalty to Ducati. I just want to see Papa kick some.

Last edited by ebonho : 4th June 2015 at 16:29.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have zero loyalty to Ducati. I just want to see Papa kick some.
Chief,

He spent 2 years with Duc and that should be more than sufficient to setup a bike for his caliber considering his Rich experience & Talent.

Nevertheless I still felt that he would have gone a step higher had he turned it around to make it a winning combination.

The model which Rossi was riding was scrapped completely and they rebuilt their chassis & engine from scratch.

To be fair with Rossi, Ducati experimented with him by offering him a Motorcycle WITHOUT Chassis. Did not work and in the midst of season they had to revert to a new design. They were some 2 seconds off pace due to the poor handling.

This will leave a blemish in his otherwise fantastic career just like how we all saw Rubinho pull over to let Michael Schumacher win the Austrian GP which he could never win on his own might.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks