Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2015 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 21 15.22%
Jorge Lorenzo 27 19.57%
Dani Pedrosa 1 0.72%
Valentino Rossi 89 64.49%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 00:27   #76
BHPian

Pretty boring race. There was not much racing between the leaders apart from those few spirited laps from Vale. Lorenzo is very smooth and boring at the same time. Expected a lot more
Old 4th May 2015, 09:06   #77
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2015 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Hats off to the kid for racing with a broken finger. He must have had the jitters though with Rossi closing in the end. Sadly that was not to be.
Yeah. It looked for a little while like we could have a repeat of Argentina, but this time Marquez really was just managing the gap. When Rossi got to within 1.5 seconds Marquez would open it up again. Very smart race from him actually.

It was funny to see Lorenzo climbing up on the bike even when the paddock stand was not on. If the bike toppled, that would have been EPIC.

And he did remember his swimming pool stint from years gone by.

Point is, watch till the finish line if Lorenzo has won. Next races might turn to be more interesting as it appears, he has got his confidence back.
Old 4th May 2015, 11:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

So its become a 3 horse race now.

It gets better and better.
Old 8th May 2015, 06:05   #79
BHPian

What I would give to see Stoner back on the new Ducs? Dovisiozo, give me a break? Ducs need to be man-handled. Sure glad to see Rossi in great form, fantastic indeed.

So unfortunate to have Ben Spies's career cut short by injury. To me, he would have been the logical choice to replace Stoner, after following his riding style that one year in Superbikes.

Marquez is some rider though, just awesome. All in, all the time.

Lorenzo, meh, I'll pass.
Old 10th May 2015, 07:24   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I am a Doctor fan boy, ever since I started watching MotoGP Mick Doohan was wining for Yamaha and then I saw Rossi come to force and staying at peak for a very long time.

Lorenzo is a winner as well, hope you remember he took a fall last season and it is not so easy to recover instantly. At pinnacle of the sport each second counts towards a lap and I am sure if I am hurt at my ankle I try to preserve myself as much as I can even running after my toddler
Mick Doohan for Yamaha?.....which years were these....BTW I personally loved those Doohan - Rainey - Scwantz duels on those big bang 500's☺
Old 17th May 2015, 18:28   #81
BHPian

Thoroughly entertaining LeMans GP, amazing ride by VR to jump up 5 points and finish second on the podium - like he said, happy with 20 points, good job!

What does Dovi have to do to win a race? Both him and Iannone fight really hard but somehow 1st place eludes them.

MM93 looked down and out in 6th but what an amazing scrap with Iannone and Smith to finally finish fourth and get good points. Lorenzo is now a serious contender for the championship, and the gap get closer as the season progresses. Totally enjoyable race, and can't wait for Mugello - Rossi's home race!
Old 18th May 2015, 14:33   #82
BHPian

Not a fan of Lorenzo per se but, he has been in a completely different league in the last two rounds. As somebody had rightly put, he's a metronome. His lap times were identical throughout the race, and while Rossi seemed to have got the measure of his teammate yesterday, Lorenzo never allowed the gap between the two Yamahas to dip below 1.8 seconds. A very tactful rider when it comes to controlling the race pace, have to say!

As for Marquez, or Pedrosa, Honda has screwed up the RCV quite badly this year. It's no longer the 'best' on the grid, and it's not hard to see why! Forget competing with the factory Yamahas, passing a Ducati ridden by a rider who had dislocated his shoulder only recently turned out be complete nightmare for our beloved double world-champ.

If Honda does not get their act together within two or three races, they can kiss the 2015 rider and manufacturer's title goodbye. Both the titles are most certainly going to the Yamaha camp this year. Yes, Ducatis might have improved from what they used to be, but it isn't a championship winning machinery just as yet!
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 14:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Lorenzo conceded that Vale was very fast in the closing laps of the race.
Old 21st May 2015, 17:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump-Stop View Post
Mick Doohan for Yamaha?.....which years were these....BTW I personally loved those Doohan - Rainey - Scwantz duels on those big bang 500's☺
Doohan for Honda 1992. Not Yamaha. My mistake. 1995-1997 healed and won it all.
Old 31st May 2015, 21:07   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a 36 year old inspiring us other similarly aged people to go out and blitz the world!

What a spot of racing by the man. His juggernaut-y blast from 11th was much more skillful than Marquez's March to 3rd. Typical Rossi style reel-in of the top group.

Off note, can someone explain about the airbags? When do they deploy? They supposedly deflate too, so how are some riders, who are able to salvage the bike allowed by the authorities to continue the race, with what effectively is missing safety equipment?

Last edited by mayankk : 31st May 2015 at 21:12.
Old 1st June 2015, 12:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Jorge has recovered his mojo. Papa needs to buck up. He's visibly dissatisfied with something on the bike. By the time he gets it set up for these European tracks, hope its not too late.
Old 1st June 2015, 13:30   #87
BHPian

WHAT A RACE!
Lorenzo had a brilliant race! Opening up gap at start and maintaining the same throughout the race is easier said than done. He kept composure through out the race. Kept things fuss free and simple. Was rewarded with a deserving top spot.

Ducati bikes are amazing. Way Iannone bbrushed aside Marquez on straight after just being overtaken on corner was breath taking.

Marc Marquez - what can I say? It was a stupid mistake to lose balance at that corner. He seems to be cracking with each race and must sort out his act quickly to challenge for title.

Rossi - take a bow! With less than ideal start - he clawed his way back to podium. One of the most accomplished race day display by him!

With Rossi's lead now cut down to just 6 points - and Lorenzo looking virtually unbeatable - this is turning out to be one stellar season which we may speak off for years to come!
Old 1st June 2015, 14:52   #88
BHPian

Only way the competition can beat Lorenzo in this kind of form will be to not let him take the lead in early laps, he has consistently shown that he can manage a lead superbly. Jorge is perhaps very under-rated, 2 championships at the pinnacle of motor racing and still gets only 3 votes in our poll? :banghead:
Old 1st June 2015, 19:19   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Jorge is perhaps very under-rated, 2 championships at the pinnacle of motor racing and still gets only 3 votes in our poll? :banghead:
Lorenzo is not underrated. Infact, he's being overshadowed by his team-mate's popularity and the yellow brigade fanfare. A majority of Rossi fans don't like him for a simple fact that he is/has been riding 'their' champion's bike better and faster than him on a number of occasions.

About the race in Mugello, Lorenzo looks untouchable at the moment. Even Rossi has admitted that Lorenzo's constant pace and the resulting dominance during the last three races is a 'bad news' for him.

I believe, the rest of the season is going to be Lorenzo vs Rossi on the points table, whereas Ducatis will take care of the struggling Hondas, and occasionally disturb Yamaha riders on one or two occasions.

Also, I am hoping Dani's inputs will sort some of the problems Honda is facing with its bike at the moment. His experience should come to the rescue here as opposed to Marquez's wilderness.
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 10:50   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
A majority of Rossi fans don't like him for a simple fact that he is/has been riding 'their' champion's bike better and faster than him on a number of occasions.
A majority of Moto GP enthusiasts (Rossi tifosi or not) don't like him because he is boring. Post race antics count for nothing. Plain and simple unvarnished truth. Give me "Moaner" Stoner over him any day (said after the fact of course ....). Lorenzo is as charismatic and exciting as Vettel is for F1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks