Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2015, 19:29   #16
BANNED

Re: 2015 Chinese GP - Shanghai International Circuit - Race Thread

It's certain now that this year belongs to Lewis Hamilton. It would have to take an act of god to stop Ham from bagging the 2015 WDC. Ferraris consistency is making me feel bad for Alonso on the other hand !
Old 11th April 2015, 21:06   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
It's certain now that this year belongs to Lewis Hamilton. It would have to take an act of god to stop Ham from bagging the 2015 WDC. Ferraris consistency is making me feel bad for Alonso on the other hand !
Alonso (also known as the Burro) is no babe in the woods. Yes, the last race was won by the prancing horse due to a brilliant pit strategy, but one must accept that Vettel was FAST. So I will not rule out Ferrari yet. Hamilton may not have it all his way.
Old 11th April 2015, 22:01   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know how to support mclaren anymore. There's no magic in that team.
AGreed, new partner, development, yadda yadda yadda. But there's no face to it. Mika, kimi, newey, lewis, they all gave a face to the clinicality of the team. Hell, the car was amazing, fastest off the line, fastest to catch fire, flat-spotting and losing the wheel, it was so dramatic, heartbreaking, but at least there was an emotion.
And now? Button is the most uninspiring figure to ever have been in that team. He shone as an underdog, a simple fella who won after donkey's years, and he's still keeping it simple.
He's like a faceless middle management guy. The mazdoori will be done by the lower guys, the flamboyance will be the senior guys job. Me? I'll just sign these forms.
Clarkson once came out with the theory about Ferrari, that when their road cars are good, F1 cars suck, and inverse.

It seems to be pretty much applicable in the Mclaren as well, i think. I mean, it fits, dont it?

I'm just glad Hamilton is doing what he's doing.
In context to tomorrow, it seems rosberg has lost the one feather he had, of being the qualifying wonder. I just hope no event occurs that forces Mercedes to rethink their race strategy tomorrow. Not a well practiced option, that, for them.Here's to Hammer time!
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 22:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
And now? Button is the most uninspiring figure to ever have been in that team. He shone as an underdog, a simple fella who won after donkey's years, and he's still keeping it simple.
He's like a faceless middle management guy. The mazdoori will be done by the lower guys, the flamboyance will be the senior guys job. Me? I'll just sign these forms.
That is a lot of praise for someone who has out-qualified Alonso 2-0 so far this season in an identical car.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 22:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

That is a lot of praise for someone who has out-qualified Alonso 2-0 so far this season in an identical car.
Ha! Don't even start with him. He seems to want to ride into the sunset with Button by his side. And the best bit is that people seem to think that Ferrari deliberately reigned in their ability to develop a good car just to get him out of Ferrari and then do a thenga "na na na na na na" when he moved to mclaren. Really?
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 23:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice fight for Pole in the end!
Looks like tire management is key again, even in cooler conditions.

With McLaren performing the way they are, Q1 is more interesting for me than Q3!
"Will they make it into Q2 or not!?"

With pre season testing being a disaster for the team, I expected this sort of start to the season. The key is how they finish the season and the gap to Mercedes.

Frankly i'd be far more disappointing if the engine was working perfectly and they finished 4th. That would be far more worrying because it would mean the chassis is a lemon.
Look where Sauber were last year with the engine and this year seems a miracle.

Its going to be a painful wait for sure.
Old 12th April 2015, 00:18   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Clarkson once came out with the theory about Ferrari, that when their road cars are good, F1 cars suck, and inverse.

This is exactly the impression I have of JB, although I think he is talented (lets not forget those Brawn years, to top Barrichello who made Shumi sweat is not "simple"). Just because he doesn't have the flair and pomp Alonso does or the coolness that half rapper and half F1 driver Hamilton does should not equate to much.

I feel sorry for him because he doesn't care about his image much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Alonso (also known as the Burro) is no babe in the woods.
I agree, but what could he possibly do with such a lackluster car ?

Last edited by D33-PAC : 12th April 2015 at 00:31.
Old 12th April 2015, 09:19   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post

This is exactly the impression I have of JB, although I think he is talented (lets not forget those Brawn years, to top Barrichello who made Shumi sweat is not "simple"). Just because he doesn't have the flair and pomp Alonso does or the coolness that half rapper and half F1 driver Hamilton does should not equate to much.

I feel sorry for him because he doesn't care about his image much.
No doubt about his talent. But he's in a bad car from a mainstay team. He should make some noises, but he doesn't. Meantime, the "half f1" driver ran rings around him in mclaren, and doing so away as well.
Old 12th April 2015, 11:59   #24
BHPian

Can we expect to see Kimi on the podium?? Any chances?

-Bhargav
Old 12th April 2015, 13:09   #25
BHPian

Oh God!! Kimi is so unlucky! Just when I thought he could overtake Vettel, the race finishes behind a safety car....

-Bhargav
Old 12th April 2015, 13:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Oh God!! Kimi is so unlucky! Just when I thought he could overtake Vettel, the race finishes behind a safety car....

-Bhargav
He needs to up his game in qualifying to have a real chance, otherwise it will be down to circumstances.
Old 12th April 2015, 13:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

At least the third step on the podium was changing last season. Three races down, we see the same 3 guys every time. I hope Kimi can do better in qualifying and actually join the party.

It is clear pecking order for top 3 teams, with a good fight between Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Sauber and Lotus for the remaining points.

Coming to the race, there were some good battles down the field though the safety car prevented the only battle I was hoping for - Vettel Vs Raikkonen.

Rosberg is the clear number two driver and Vettel can actually hope to fight for 2nd in championship.
Old 12th April 2015, 14:29   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What a boring race. After the exciting Malaysian Grand Prix, this one was a drab.

Did anyone notice the lack of ads? Shows the dwindling viewership levels, no one wants to advertise in an F1 race! F1 management, the writing is on the wall. Bring back the fuel pitstops & one more tyre manufacturer. Bring back F1 cars that actually sound like F1 cars. If I want to see cars merely following one another, I'll sit at Marine Drive.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 14:35   #29
BANNED

Very pdestrian - three pairs at 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6, like animals on Noah's ark. No overtaking in the top echelon, though the lower ranks had a field day.
Old 12th April 2015, 15:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Coming to the race, there were some good battles down the field though the safety car prevented the only battle I was hoping for - Vettel Vs Raikkonen.
Even I was waiting for this battle during the entire race. Alas! I think Vettel is just quicker than Kimi; Kimi has started showing age and is past his prime. I feel sad to write this but looking at the way things are going it seems to be true.

-Bhargav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks