Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2015, 21:03   #31
BHPian

Re: The 2015 F1 Season, Calendar & Rule Changes

Chinese GP - My take:
Game, set, and match to Hamilton.

- Nico seems to be losing it.
- Mercs can manage a long stint without excess tyre wear. The picture presented in China was far more nuanced than the straightforward ‘Ferrari are better on their tyres’ conclusion of Malaysia.
- Verstappen seems to be impressing a lot of F1 pundits and they seem to be fed up with Maldonado.
- McLaren seems to be able to match the pace of some of the slower cars & finished the race. A step forward at least.

http://formulaspy.com/formula-1/form...le-stint-12806
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 07:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Chinese GP - Shanghai International Circuit - Race Thread

I missed the race and it looks like I really didn't miss much and everything was pretty much settled on Saturday itself.

Seems like the radio ban has hit Nico hard or Lewis has done his homework well during preseason. The main advantage that Nico carried last season was the performance on Saturdays. And it in turn resulted in another huge advantage to take the first call on strategy come Sunday. But the German really looks lost this season and the tantrums are out early.

And the resurgence of Ferrari will force Mercedes to take sides and not let their drivers race free unlike last season. It could all be over for Nico soon unless he emerges stronger on Saturday in the coming weekends.
Old 13th April 2015, 08:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I missed the race and it looks like I really didn't miss much and everything was pretty much settled on Saturday itself.

And the resurgence of Ferrari will force Mercedes to take sides and not let their drivers race free unlike last season. It could all be over for Nico soon unless he emerges stronger on Saturday in the coming weekends.
There were some interesting battles down the field - some good overtaking by Verstappen, Ricciardo-Ericsson battle where they traded places several times and the Maldonado-Button battle that eventually ended up in a collision. Other than that, it was practically a boring train of 4 cars at the top till the second pit stop.

The comment from Lewis that Nico should have challenged him if he was faster and that its not his job to care about Nico's race has all the potential for a good fight between them in upcoming grandprixs that could help Ferrari steal the spoils. If Nico had really challenged Lewis before the second pit stop, it could have played into the hands of Vettel and Raikkonen for a Ferrari 1-2 since the Mercedes would have destroyed their tyres and both would have had to pit again. I think Ferrari crew was counting on that to happen.
Old 13th April 2015, 09:25   #34
Team-BHP Support

My curse happened. if I watch any F1 race - boring, boring, boring

If I do not - it is exciting
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 11:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

A good result for Ferrari again, further cementing that they are the second best. Kimi really needs to pick up his qualifying pace and get things right. There could've maybe been somewhat of a fight in the last couple laps had the safety car not come out. Was quite painful to see the marshalls try to shove that Toro Rosso in the pitwall gap. Looked like bumper cars!

That Max Verstappen is a super kid. Those two overtakes at the end of the back straight was superb. That kid is definitely going places, its a shame he couldnt finish. Renault engines on fire everywhere yesterday.

Another weird moment was Alonso letting the two Ferrari's by. Must've really hurt him. Some guys seem to have run out of all luck.

Bahrain hopefully brings some excitement with the higher temperatures and so on. I wonder if Ferrari can pull of a sepang like race this weekend although overtaking isnt that much on that circuit.
Old 13th April 2015, 11:21   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fireworks after the race. Is Rosberg a racer? If so, he should stop whining and start racing. If Hamilton was holding him up, attack...on track, not off it.

JamesAllenonF1

Quote:
Afterwards when Hamilton was asked whether he had been aware that his pace had put Rosberg into potential hot water, the champion responded “it isn’t my job to look after Nico’s race”.

“I wasn’t controlling his race, I was controlling my own race,” he said sharply. “My goal was to look after my car. I had no real threat from Nico through the whole race. So, I just managed it and got to really enjoy it, to be honest.”

Rosberg responded angrily to Hamilton’s admission, saying that it had been “unnecessarily close with Sebastian”.

“It’s interesting to hear from you, Lewis, that you were just thinking about yourself with the pace in front, and necessarily that was compromising my race,” he said. “Driving slower than was maybe necessary at the beginning of stints meant that Sebastian was very close to me and that opened up the opportunity for Sebastian to try that early pit stop to try and jump me. And then I had to cover him.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 12:16   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fireworks after the race. Is Rosberg a racer? If so, he should stop whining and start racing. If Hamilton was holding him up, attack...on track, not off it.
I think it's kind of early realization that he got no chance to win it fair (especially with Vettel now in the mix). It has been a PR disaster for Nico from the beginning of this season, with almost all comments/jokes falling flat.
Old 13th April 2015, 12:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

I think Lewis did that on purpose but I don't find anything wrong with it. It did spoil Nico's chance of challenging Lewis ad he had to cover Vettel. But Nico if u get close, u try and overtake, not whine about it on the radio. Stop being such a team player and try and beat Lewis on track. As Lauda said, be very selfish & self centred coz that's how u win.
Old 13th April 2015, 12:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Last season Nico was beating Lewis over 1 lap, so Lewis had to play catch-up at times on race day. This season, Lewis seems to have Nico's number. It has been all talk from Nico this year, a clear sign that he is flustered.
Old 13th April 2015, 12:33   #40
BHPian

I missed the race but I guess I didnt miss much reading from comments here and elsewhere. Lewis and Nico's rivalry is becoming boring.
I hope F1 management reads the writing on the wall and re-start pitstop re-fuelling, reduce number of races to allow more time for post race recce and improvement and make bigger, louder and faster cars
Old 13th April 2015, 12:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

The Ferrari rivalry is turning out to be much exciting that the Mercedes one. Lewis should play his cards carefully. He might need Rosberg's help later in the season if Ferrari close down on them.

Renault engines had a disastrous weekend and they will no like another race coming too soon in the season. Same for McLaren, although they seem to mix it with the midfield at times.

I foresee a crash between Rosberg and Hamilton soon and things getting out of control at Mercedes. They look all cool on the outside but they really don't have a grasp of the situation with their drivers.

Ferrari played it to perfection in their dominant years having one driver as the top dog and the other supporting him in his bid. It might be difficult to implement this year as Kimi and Seb seem so close on pace.

A boring race but for Crashtor, Max, Daniel. Kimi would have loved lapping Alonso
Old 13th April 2015, 13:02   #42
BHPian

"Come on, get that McLaren out of the way" - Kimi, just before lapping Alonso.

Boring race for everyone except for Ricciardo, who overtook sauber 5 or 6 times.
Vysakh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 14:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
"Come on, get that McLaren out of the way" - Kimi, just before lapping Alonso.

Boring race for everyone except for Ricciardo, who overtook sauber 5 or 6 times.
Not Alonso, that was actually "Cmon get these 2 guys out of my way"
i.e Maldonado and Button racing each other

Old 13th April 2015, 15:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Not Alonso, that was actually "Cmon get these 2 guys out of my way"
i.e Maldonado and Button racing each other
He actually lapped Alonso as well on lap 42 and told the same before mentioning it for these two guys. To be fair to Alonso, he was only 3 tenths slower than Kimi at that point although on a different lap
Old 13th April 2015, 15:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Came across an interesting site

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

They show when Maldo crashed last!

Most Viewed