Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 16:50   #46
BHPian

Re: 2015 Bahrain GP Discussion

Kimi! Kimi! Kimi! Atlast I can smile and celebrate after 2 long years!
Being an ardent fan of the Iceman for the past 9 years, I would say that Kimi is Back with a Bang with Podium Finish after 26 races! Boom

A total clinical display by the Finn along with a different strategy with the tires has helped the Ferrari to march towards the podium. Hoping to see the Finn taking places further.
Old 21st April 2015, 01:41   #47
BHPian

Kimi and Nico are being praised by their team bosses after Bahrain GP.

"It was a new Rosberg," as per Niki Lauda.

"I'm happy for Kimi because now I can say officially that he is back and we have two strong drivers. But that does not mean that I am going to sign a contract with Kimi tomorrow, which I made clear when I talked about the matter with him. If you ask me now if he deserves the agreement, I say yes. But I want to keep him alert. Kimi is at his best when he is a bit worried. This is his kind of psychological approach," Arrivabene is quoted by Finland's Turun Sanomat.

I guess the carrot and stick approach is working for Kimi.

The best for last..
Even before the race started, Maldonado managed to get a 5 sec. penalty for putting his car on grid at the 18th place instead of the 16th place.
Only he can manage to do that...

Last edited by jfxavier : 21st April 2015 at 01:47.
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 16:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Technical insight: Honda's radical Formula 1 engine for McLaren
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118626
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 19:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
The best for last..
Even before the race started, Maldonado managed to get a 5 sec. penalty for putting his car on grid at the 18th place instead of the 16th place.
Only he can manage to do that...
Well it shows that if you can bring in a lot of money a full time F1 drive is very possible. That is the case with Pastor. Really dont understand why he is there. Croft of Sky Sports really goes after him at every race telecast.
Old 21st April 2015, 20:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Technical insight: Honda's radical Formula 1 engine for McLaren
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118626
I had seen an Italian news item regarding this.
Wonder how small is the "size zero" of McLaren package that we keep hearing.
Haven't seen any diagrams comparing the dimensions to other cars. Please share if anyone has.
If they have managed to reduce the size of the rear section significantly by going through all this, maybe the results will show after the cooling issues are taken care of.
The obsession of Japanese to get everything redesigned to smallest size possible is well known. If size "does" matter, we will know soon for sure.
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had seen an Italian news item regarding this.
Wonder how small is the "size zero" of McLaren package that we keep hearing.
Haven't seen any diagrams comparing the dimensions to other cars. Please share if anyone has.
If they have managed to reduce the size of the rear section significantly by going through all this, maybe the results will show after the cooling issues are taken care of.
The obsession of Japanese to get everything redesigned to smallest size possible is well known. If size "does" matter, we will know soon for sure.
Here's a comparison to the last year's MP4-29.
Yes, all depends on cooling now.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Bahrain GP Discussion-img_20150129_181039.jpg  

Hatari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

It looks the same, its just the angle of the picture. Look at the wheels!

Quote:
Here's a comparison to the last year's MP4-29.
Yes, all depends on cooling now.
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The 2015 new car seems to be compact at the rear.
You can see much more of the rear suspension components due to that.
Will have to see how it fares against other cars in the 2015 grid to make a realistic comparison.
Old 22nd April 2015, 18:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Quote:
The 2015 new car seems to be compact at the rear.
You can see much more of the rear suspension components due to that.
Will have to see how it fares against other cars in the 2015 grid to make a realistic comparison.
More representative. Rear is definitely narrower
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Bahrain GP Discussion-mclarens.jpg  

Hatari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 21:07   #55
BHPian

Hatari.
Maybe a good idea to start a thread on the F1 Technical insights.
These threads on the races will be closed sooner or later, I guess.
Mods., is it possible to shift the few above posts onto a new thread so the discussion can continue there?
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

No doubt in my mind that this years Mclaren is radically different from previous years. They have gone with the same philosophy that Williams as i.e to have a really tight rear end, exit of the exhaust etc. Peter Prodomou's return to Mclaren is quite evident going by the rear end of this years Mclaren.
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Maurizio Arrivabene pushed Ferrari to produce a car to suit Kimi Raikkonen
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...kimi-raikkonen

This is a interesting article on what was missing at Ferrari these past 5-6 years... a technologically savvy team boss who people will listen to.

MODS..
This is a discussion for the 2015 season thread, which had been closed.
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
No doubt in my mind that this years Mclaren is radically different from previous years. They have gone with the same philosophy that Williams as i.e to have a really tight rear end, exit of the exhaust etc. Peter Prodomou's return to Mclaren is quite evident going by the rear end of this years Mclaren.
Here's a better picture , where the Ferrari and McLaren cars are being compared.

There are rumours that Honda will have to change the Turbocharger to get more boost.
There's an Omnicorse story about the turbo, and they say it's a regular design mounted in the V, but that it's too small.
Apparently Honda has had a technical summit to decide what to do.

Please forgive the bad grammar from the google translator.
Translated via Google:

"McLaren-Honda is hungry for ... air. The packaging of the MP4-30 is proving perhaps too risky for the power unit RA615 H and you are making it necessary actions to exploit the potential of the unit to debut on Japanese cars in Woking.

Yesterday in Japan in the Research Centre of Sakura there was a technical summit to define the lines of development to take to Barcelona for the fifth Grand Prix of 2015 will open the European season.

Yasuhisa Arai, head of Motorsport Honda, it will be realized that the installation of the 6-cylinder turbo particularly compact on the MP4-30 has led to design choices that are not paying. The Japanese, one might say, would repeat some mistakes that have cost very dear to Ferrari last year.

The compressor IHI, which remained of the centrifugal type, seems to be too small, since the engineers have decided to place it inside the V of the 6-cylinder, about the height of the second row of cylinders, to be in line with the MGU-H and the turbine.

ERS Honda engine fails to ensure proper charging of energy: the temperatures are too high management of the various elements generate continuous electrical problems (and others) that undermine the growth of the power unit.

McLaren, then, would be studying how to act on the cooling system to ensure the power unit the fresh air needed to operate properly the systems of the power unit. It 'probably need to put hand intercooler air / air and radiator ERS that is mounted (along with that of the exchange rate) under the airbox in a raised position.

A Woking, unlike that in Milton Keynes where the controversy over the Renault engine are continuous, they are very cooperative in trying to find a solution that enables the MP4-30 to avoid being regularly voiced by Mercedes and Ferrari.

Peter Prodromou is willing to lose a bit 'of aerodynamic efficiency if it will be possible to substantially increase the engine power that currently is totally inadequate (the speed trap Sakhir Fernando Alonso paid 20 km / h on Ferrari SF15-T Sebastian Vettel!).

The problems seem to have been well defined, we must see what we can bring the Japanese and the men of Tim Goss in Barcelona, because the production of certain elements takes time. But the race is on ..."

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/arch...3374-p-7.html?
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Bahrain GP Discussion-mclaren-ferrari-comparo.jpg  

jfxavier is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 03:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maurizio Arrivabene pushed Ferrari to produce a car to suit Kimi Raikkonen
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...kimi-raikkonen

This is a interesting article on what was missing at Ferrari these past 5-6 years... a technologically savvy team boss who people will listen to.

MODS..
This is a discussion for the 2015 season thread, which had been closed.
And you believe that, 10th or 12th December they make all the decision for 2015 car. They would have already known Kimi's issues well before Maurizio became the team principle.

See the below video, I think you already would have seen it.

Its good to have a tech savy team boss, but should only take credit of his inputs to the team.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
And you believe that, 10th or 12th December they make all the decision for 2015 car. They would have already known Kimi's issues well before Maurizio became the team principle.

See the below video, I think you already would have seen it.

Its good to have a tech savy team boss, but should only take credit of his inputs to the team.
Luca Marmorini (ex Ferrari Engine boss) had said that Ferrari had not forgotten to make engines, the reason for being down on power was the Chassis team had given them space constraints in order to realise aero potential (which never happended). Now here is a call that ex team boss Stefano Domenicalli should have been involved in. He was not powerful enough.

Coming to Maurizio, the article states he asked them to do what they could in 3 months on the weight transfer.I am going by his words in a public statement. Are you calling him a liar then?
I'm sure the team knew about Kimi's preferences, but clearly they werent not doing enough about it (given his 2014 disastrous results).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks