http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34027380
Old 16th September 2015, 12:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2016 F1 Season Thread

Renault will not supply engines to the grid in 2016 and beyond
Old 21st September 2015, 13:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

So Maldonado confirmed for the 2016 eh. Hmm, the Loutus - Renault deal not going smoothly and Lotus needed cash badly to stay afloat.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120919
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Button is calling time on his F1 career. Its K Mag vs Stoff.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:47   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Looks like Button is calling time on his F1 career. Its K Mag vs Stoff.
For now, yeah.
But I would love to see a resurgent McL next year, with Nasr, or Verstappan. That'd be wishful, I know, but wishes and beggars.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
So Maldonado confirmed for the 2016 eh. Hmm, the Loutus - Renault deal not going smoothly and Lotus needed cash badly to stay afloat.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120919
Also looks like Grosjean could be going to the Haas F1 team. Making way for Vergne or Esteban Ocon at Lotus/Renault.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...otus-for-haas/
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
McLaren driver Jenson Button, 35, smiled and said his "head knows, but my mouth and tongue don't know" when asked if he will retire after the Japanese Grand Prix this weekend.
Would be a shame to watch Jenson walk away after his horror season with McLaren this year. A genuinely likable character IMO. Hope he stays for another year.
Old 24th September 2015, 13:23   #68
Senior - BHPian

Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg are confirmed at Force India for the 2016 season.

2016 F1 DRIVER LINE-UPS

Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton/Nico Rosberg
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel/Kimi Raikkonen
Williams: Valtteri Bottas/Felipe Massa
Red Bull: Daniel Ricciardo/Daniil Kvyat*
Force India: Nico Hulkenberg/Sergio Perez
Lotus: Pastor Maldonado/tbc
Toro Rosso: Max Verstappen*/tbc
Sauber: Marcus Ericsson/Felipe Nasr
McLaren: Fernando Alonso/tbc
Manor: tbc
Haas: tbc

* likely but not confirmed
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 22:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg are confirmed at Force India for the 2016 season.

Romain Grosjean has been confirmed by Haas F1 Team for 2016.
Could this also mean that he might move to Ferrari in 2017 after Raikkonen leaves?
So here's the updated list
2016 F1 DRIVER LINE-UPS

McLaren: Fernando Alonso/tbc

Haas: Romain Grosjean/tbc

Old 1st October 2015, 07:52   #70
BHPian

FIA held its latest World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris.
During the Council meeting, the following decisions were taken:

Quote:
The updated provisional calendar for the 2016 FIA Formula One World Championship was approved:

20 March - Melbourne - Australia

3 April - Bahrain - Bahrain

17 April - Shanghai - China

1 May - Sochi - Russia

15 May - Barcelona - Spain

29 May - Monte Carlo - Monaco

12 June - Montreal - Canada

19 June - Baku - Azerbaijan*

3 July - Spielberg - Austria

10 July - Silverstone - United Kingdom

24 July - Budapest - Hungary

31 July - Hockenheim - Germany

28 August - Spa-Francorchamps - Belgium

4 September - Monza - Italy

18 September - Singapore - Singapore

2 October - Sepang - Malaysia

9 October - Suzuka - Japan

23 October - Austin - USA

6 November - Mexico City - Mexico

13 November - Sao Paolo - Brazil

27 November - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates

*race start to be scheduled to avoid conflict with the conclusion of the 24 Hours of Le Mans

Cars must now comply with all cockpit and safety equipment requirements during testing; such as the position of the driver’s head, all headrest padding, cockpit padding and ease of driver egress.

Sporting Regulations regarding track limits have been clarified and specify that drivers “must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason”. Penalties will still be allocated based on whether a driver is judged to have gained an advantage.

The WMSC approved the proposal of the F1 Commission regarding regulations for power unit and gearbox changes. Such penalties prior to qualifying will be applied based on the time of use. For changes made after qualifying, preference will be given to the driver whose team first informed the technical delegate that a change will occur.

Any driver who causes a start to be aborted, even if he is then able to start the extra formation lap, will be required to start the race from the pit lane. The same process will be applied to a re-start from a race suspension where drivers have been brought to the pit lane.

The WMSC confirmed a number of clarifications were made to aerodynamic testing restrictions for wind tunnel use and CFD, specifically focusing on reporting and inspection processes for these development tools.

For 2016, all cars must have a separate exhaust wastegate tailpipe through which all and only wastegate exhaust gases must pass. This measure has been undertaken to increase the noise of the cars and will not have any significant effect on power or emissions.

For 2017, on board cameras on stalks on the nose of cars will be prohibited.
Source : http://www.fia.com/news/fia-announce...ncil-decisions
Old 1st October 2015, 14:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Updated after Button's confirmation.
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...tton-stay-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Romain Grosjean has been confirmed by Haas F1 Team for 2016.
Could this also mean that he might move to Ferrari in 2017 after Raikkonen leaves?
So here's the updated list
2016 F1 DRIVER LINE-UPS

McLaren: Fernando Alonso/Jenson Button

Haas: Romain Grosjean/tbc

Old 1st October 2015, 14:59   #72
BHPian

JB to continue with McLaren Honda for 2016. What about K Mag and Stofel??

The Briton admitted it hadn't been a straightforward decision, but said recent talks had convinced him to stay with the team.

Source : http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-...n-in-2016.html
Quote:
"Over the past month or so I have done quite a lot of thinking, and it is no secret that I was at one point in two minds about my future,” Button said.

"But I have been a McLaren driver for six seasons now, and in that time I have got to know Ron [Dennis, McLaren chairman and chief executive] very well. He and I have had some very good chats these past few weeks, and during those chats it has become clear to me that Ron is both utterly determined and uniquely equipped to lead our team through its current difficulties to great successes in the future.

"That gives me great confidence, and it is for that reason that, together, he and I have decided to continue our partnership; and, as soon as I had made that decision, straight away I realised it was the correct one. "Okay, granted, this year has not been an easy one for us, but we know what we need to do to improve things and, in collaboration with Honda, we will work extremely hard over the next weeks and months in order to make sure that 2016 will be a much better season than 2015 has been. I can't wait!"
Manor to get Mercedes PU and Williams tech. for 2016. Bring it on.....

Source : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121106
Quote:
"Although there were many factors governing our selection of an engine partner to help power us towards our long-term ambitions, ultimately the strength of the Mercedes-Benz package speaks for itself," team principal John Booth said.

"2015 has been a rebuilding year in every aspect of our operation.

"Although we have not been able to make the incremental strides in competitiveness that the team has enjoyed in previous seasons, we have put in place a strong foundation from which to progress.

"Together with the potential we are seeing with our 2016 car in the wind tunnel, the Mercedes-Benz power unit will assist our return to aggressive performance development with effect from next season.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Scuderia Ferrari for their support for our team over the past two seasons.

"In 2014, together we shared in the momentous occasion of the team's first points and in 2015 Ferrari supported us to a degree that was above and beyond the requirements of our partnership agreement.

"Quite simply, we could not have returned to the grid without them pushing extremely hard to support the MR03B, at the same time as focusing on their own 2015 package."

In terms of engine supply, Manor plugs the gap for Mercedes left vacant by Renault's impending takeover of Lotus, ensuring the German manufacturer will continue to power three teams from next year, with Force India and Williams included.

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff said: "Mercedes-Benz has a clear Formula 1 philosophy based around our works Silver Arrows team and supplying benchmark power units to independent customer teams.

"We believe this approach provides Formula 1 with greater strength in depth and ensures a deeper level of competitiveness throughout the field.

"In anticipation of Renault's takeover of the Lotus F1 Team, we are pleased to announce Manor Marussia as a new customer of Mercedes-Benz.

"It is a tenacious team with a fantastic competitive spirit, and we are all excited to see what step forward they can make next year with their new car coupled with the Mercedes-Benz hybrid power unit."

Last edited by jfxavier : 1st October 2015 at 15:01.
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:23   #73
BHPian

Some key points of the new 2016 calendar -
1. It's humongous 21 races season.
2. Race in Baku will clash with 24 Hour Le Mans.
3. Silverstone GP on July 10. Will clash with Wimbledon Men's Singles final.
4. The 2016 Italian GP could be the last one unless organizers are able to crack a deal with Ecclestone.
5. Summer break will be reinstated.
But the new calendar is still labeled "Revised Provisionl" leaving some room for date changes.
With so many races, I wish Ferrari and Mclaren to become hugely competitive. With Renault returning as a working team, my expectations are high from them too. And all the 4 works team + Williams have exceptional talent in their respective driver's seats. One can be really very optimistic about next season then.
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
4. The 2016 Italian GP could be the last one unless organizers are able to crack a deal with Ecclestone.
If a deal cannot be reached, race might as well be cancelled. It gets colder in October, let alone end of November (by which time it will be close to freezing here).
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:37   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If a deal cannot be reached, race might as well be cancelled. It gets colder in October, let alone end of November (by which time it will be close to freezing here).
Sorry, but didn't get your point. Currently the race is scheduled for Sept4 2016. Also as per my knowledge, the deal is there till 2016. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks