Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 02:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Report: 2015 Le Mans 24 hour Race. Circuit de la Sarthe @ France

Thanks for the report and more specifically the pics from Le Mans town! I spend 2 years of my life in that little town and those pictures brought back some memories

Did you shoot any videos which show the differences in braking distances and corner entry speeds of the different classes? When I watched the race, I was surprised how much later the LMP1 cars could brake - they overtook the other cars during corner entry as if they were standing still. I was also surprised by how much quieter the diesel-powered Audi LMP1 cars were compared to the GT cars - letting their work do all the talking Is it still the same?
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:23   #17
BHPian

Fantastic Report, I watched a few hrs of the Race live at http://www.fiawec.com/ but later caught the entire 24 hrs thanks to a generous YouTuber that uploaded it all! Here are the links to enjoy ALL 24 HOURS:

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:

Enjoy

PS- I've been a lifelong Porsche fan and was thrilled with their performance. What a great return to LeMans
Endeavour333 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:22   #18
Team-BHP Support

Lucky man Noopster! You got to see "The Race".

Superb report there. Personally, I was very happy to see Porsche win, not just because it's one of my favourite manufacturers, but also because it broke the stranglehold that Audi had over the years.
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Did you shoot any videos which show the differences in braking distances and corner entry speeds of the different classes? When I watched the race, I was surprised how much later the LMP1 cars could brake - they overtook the other cars during corner entry as if they were standing still. I was also surprised by how much quieter the diesel-powered Audi LMP1 cars were compared to the GT cars - letting their work do all the talking Is it still the same?
Yes the Audis are so silent on the straight compared to the petrols- the diesel hybrids have a deep-throated, low-register purr rather than the whiny note of the petrols .

Just to give an idea of the speed difference between the leading LMP1 cars and the rest of the pack, here's a snapshot of the final race finishers:

Report: 2015 Le Mans 24 hour Race. Circuit de la Sarthe @ France-le-mans-standings.png
Source

The #19 Porsche lapped the winners of the LMP2 category as many as 37 times over the course of the 395 laps it ran. For the GTE categories the gap is even wider, with the number of overtakes being 58 and 63 ( GTE Pro & Am respectively).

The difference in speed on track is very obvious but sorry- no videos shot of this. The slower cars just get blue flagged off the racing line like backmarkers in Formula 1. The mind boggles at how race officials even manage to keep track!
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:43   #20
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely awesome coverage of the Le Mans Noop! I usually follow the race, the cars and the technology. But you have covered the event, the atmosphere, the surrounding town and the vide of the race.

I was keenly following the new Nissan FWD cars but looks like they didn't do that well.
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

See, I don't mind when you mods get invited to drive various cars across all categories in India & abroad. But till date there are 2 incidents which made me wish you burn in hell.

- the Jag F-type drive
- & this.

You managed to both get me excited & depress me at the same time. That means you did an excellent job. Awesome posts!

asr245 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:26   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
See, I don't mind when you mods get invited to drive various cars across all categories in India & abroad. But till date there are 2 incidents which made me wish you burn in hell.

- the Jag F-type drive
- & this.

You managed to both get me excited & depress me at the same time. That means you did an excellent job. Awesome posts!

Off Topic, this is the kind of hate mail, we love!!
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 23:06   #23
BHPian

With the current state of Formula 1 I think this is the next big thing for motor sports. More track action, more racing and more fun! Even F1 drivers have started to think the same..
Old 5th July 2015, 11:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hope, Noopster wouldn’t mind this post in this thread

As already mentioned by Noopster, the Indian presence was there with Karun (Chandhok) driving for Murphy’s Prototypes in LMP2 Class. The team finished at a creditable 5th in class.

Report: 2015 Le Mans 24 hour Race. Circuit de la Sarthe @ France-karun-grid.jpg

Good to see the Tricolor and 3 “Indian Brands” on a Le Mans car

Report: 2015 Le Mans 24 hour Race. Circuit de la Sarthe @ France-murphy-grid.jpg

The Irish team achieved their best ever Le Mans result, finishing fifth in the LMP2 class with Chandhok, Nathanael Berthon and Mark Patterson.
More detailed reading in link below

http://www.motorsport.com/lemans/new...n-epic-le-mans

Pictures from the facebook page of Vicky Chandhok - https://www.facebook.com/vicky.chandhok

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks