Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 20:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Formula 1 Singapore GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I dont think the hulkenberg penalty was justified. There was only a small chance he could have seen the car.
This is from Hulk himself.

Quote:
“I saw Felipe coming out of the pit exit as I went through turn one, but I was ahead in turn three, I was on the racing line and I took the corner as usual. Then I felt the contact with my left rear and my race was over.”
I think he got a penalty for not allowing enough room for Massa. There was plenty of space on the right for him to continue while racing Massa side by side.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 21:03   #32
BHPian

Re: 2015 Formula 1 Singapore GP

Name:  result.png
Views: 272
Size:  163.9 KB

Finally the finger rises again..
A few more weekends like this and we will have a fight for championships in hand.

Seems like a lot of small problems came together causing the Mercedes downfall this weekend.
A clamp causing LH engine boost pressure loss and the cars being unable to operate within the narrow temp. window of the SS tyres (Mercs seems to have had a difficult time with SS compound earlier as well). Or, are the higher tyre pressures and changes in the camber settings the main reasons for the performance drop?

Renault engine is under-valued because of the hammering they're getting from Red Bull in the media - but clearly it has sufficient power and good enough drivability for a podium finish. Looking at the speed trap figures for Ricciardo (18th quickest), and how much time they were losing in S1 and gaining elsewhere it is obvious that the Red Bull chassis can be setup to gain a lot of downforce in the corners. Seems like they were running with a lot of downforce which wasn't being balanced out fully by the Renault PU. What will happen if they have the latest Ferrari engine next year will be interesting for sure. Maybe Maurissio will be scratching his head after this weekend's show while the owners of RedBull are talking with Renault and VW for a takeover/ partnership at the right price.

McLaren seems to have gone the opposite way in terms of setting up the car to trim downforce to balance out the needs of the corners and the ERS shortfall. They sure do have more speed through the speed trap. Either they were running lower downforce or the Honda PU is indeed much more powerful than the Renault one as Arai san famously said a couple of weeks earlier.
Anyway, who would have thought McLaren will praise the "reliable" Honda PU at the end of a race this season. Its the McLaren gearbox that gave up this time.

Looking at his reactions during this week, JB might be announcing his retirement soon.

Last edited by jfxavier : 21st September 2015 at 21:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks