Team-BHP - Sepang MOTOGP under threat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Sepang MOTOGP under threat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/16905-sepang-motogp-under-threat.html)

Heavy rainfall has limited practise and postponed the qualifying session of the Sepang MOTOGP to be held tomortow, and there seem to be no updates of whether qaulifying was held today or not.

The sudden downpour occured amidst the 250cc practise session, and Race Direction has stated that if the grid fails to dry up or is deemed unsafe, the starting grid will be decided on combined free practise results.

If this is so, Rossi will start on pole and the front row will be completed by Nicky Hayden and Loris Capirossi.

Dani Pedrossa is doubtful for the race after he injured himself flying off his RC211V midway through a free practise session. He seems to have lost a lot of fluids and a proper inference can only be drawn
after 24 hrs (i.e. tomorrow).

Let's hope we get to see a race after all...

Really hoping the race goes on... but as we can see from Pedrosa's incident, rider safety comes first.

Qualifying has been cancelled..So it's official. Rossi takes pole, joined on the front row by Hayden and Capirossi, while KRJR, an injured Pedrossa and Sete Gibernau will fill row 2.

The surprise here is Randy DePuniet who is 7th on the grid (his best ualifying so far me thinks) and the faster of the 2 Kwackers.

Damn...anyone watching the race now???

The 125cc race has been restarted due to a BAD accident

What a phenomenal morning...One of the best I've had in a long time.

The 125cc accident was indeed horrendous. Mattia Pasisi in 2nd place had a huge highside and the bike ricocheted off him onto the track. Most riders maganed to avoid it, but Andrea Iannone coming out of a slipstream went right over the bike and had a huge crash. He had to be stretchered away.
However, the race was restarted and victory was taken by championship leader Alvaro Bautista followed by Mika Kallio and Hector Faubel who dived round Simon's inside round the last bend. It was just the start.

The 250s saw Andrea Dovizioso start really well and Yuki Takahashi also getting stuck into Jorge Lorenzo. However, the rider had to retire soon and Lorenzo took the lead. When Dovi tried to dive down the inside of Lorenzo, he was blocked by DeAngelis, and ended up very sour about it.
Lorenzo won, Dovizioso took 2nd and DeAngelis third.

MOTOGP saw Capirossi and the injured Pedrossa make great starts and relgate Rossi to 3rd. However, Rossi made little work of Pedrossa and then soon managed to overtake Capirossi. From then on, the battle was only between them. Stoner did try to challeng Hayden fro 4th, but was then exhausted and ended 6th, while Pedrossa rode a lone and brave 3rd throughout the race and kept Hayden quite some distance behind him.

Rossi and Capirossi in the mean time swapped the lead so many times, the commentators said they have had overtaking manouevers more times in a lap than a whole season in F1lol:.

Last lap, and Rossi seemed to lag Loris, but no one was ready to write off The Doctor. True to his reputation, Rossi closed a huge gap on Capirossi and overtoo the latter, who ran into the final bend too hot and likewise ran wide. The two of them also had a lot of fun on the podium, as the Duke rider sat on The Doctor's lap on the chair.
Rossi now trails Hayden and Pedrossa by 26 and 22 points respectively.
Phillip Island in Australia next week will be as important as this one was.

Sorry for such a long post but I couldn't resist describing the race. Even my sister was jumping up and down during the last 2 laps. Man, I have no nails left on my hands or my feet.

Absolutely loved it.....

Amazing race. Rossi at its best. Cappi also did a very good job.
I dont see Moto GP's each and every race as i dont know when they are held.
And I was wondering, Colin Edwards has the same bike as Rossi and he is not a bad rider at all then why Rossi finishes 1st and Edwards 10/12 ... so on.
Only track he did very well and was very unlucky was Assen.