Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2006, 14:42   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For the record, Luca has admitted that they wanted MS to stay for another year. But MS was keen on retiring.

Buttttttttttttttttttt it is reported that he was uncomfortable announcing his retirement at this stage of the championship.

Bottomline : MS wanted to retire, but Ferrari made him announce it yesterday.

Link 1

Link 2

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2006 at 14:43.
Old 11th September 2006, 15:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher will definately be a part of the Scuderia next season though not as a driver. From what Luca said about a new role for him in the team, I'm sure he will be there on the pitwall and the garage with a designation in the technical department. He must be having brilliant technical know how after all these years with the Ferrari team.

The announcement was inevitable and I prepared myself for the worst right after I saw him hug Luca and all his team members. There was just something different about the way he did it in yesterday. And then it happened in the press conference.

Tears did roll down my eyes after he said those words. We're not going to see the red baron in his red machine ever again on track after October 2006.

I've still kept my race tickets from Sepang 2004 and thats something I will treasure for life. I saw MS get pole, I saw him race, I saw him win. And I will never forget the time I first saw him come ontrack during qualifying.

I consider myself very lucky to have seen him in person though from a distance.

Here are pictures of my 1:18 model of his career first GP car the Jordan 191. History was made from here on

Hail Michael Schumacher we will miss you !!!!

Last edited by Dippy : 11th September 2006 at 15:24.
Old 11th September 2006, 15:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Indeed, a very sad & depressing news!
I felt he still could have raced couple of seasons more, but maybe the cut throat competition has taken its toll....
My wish of watching Shumy live will now remain unfullfilled :(
My salute to one of the Greatest F1 Champion!
Old 11th September 2006, 17:29   #49
BHPian

Simply Great...

No more Schumi next year. Unbelievable.

I cannot think of supporting anyone.
Maybe ... Kimi for the sake of Ferrari....

We will miss you Schumi....
Old 12th September 2006, 19:12   #50
BHPian

Well, I'm definitely not a Schumi fan. But I have to admit that I do admire what he's done. And I hope for old times sake he wins this years championship, kicks Renault butt and goes out in style.
Old 12th September 2006, 20:07   #51
BHPian

Indeed sad to see him retire, but he ruled F1 like a king right from the days i remember the sport. He was a master in the wet tracks and an awesome driver who had learned a lot from experience ....
Old 13th September 2006, 19:08   #52
Joz
BHPian

Damn!!! The only driver i have been suppoorting since 1997 is winding up. His announcement on Sunday was quite disturbing but Alonso's race winding up in a puff of smoke was a pacifier.

My wife's reaction to Schumi's retirement: "Sundays will be a lot more peaceful in a few weeks time". Little does she know it all started of with the prancing horse.
Old 13th September 2006, 20:42   #53
BHPian

An Era comes to an end !! He is the sole reason that attracted me into F1 a few years ago . And He'll definitely be the world champion this time .
Old 13th September 2006, 22:23   #54
BHPian

This is what Tiger Woods said...

Schumacher is the best, not me, says Tiger

By James Corrigan

Published: 13 September 2006

It was apt that Tiger Woods should begin his three-week tour of the British Isles yesterday at the place where he has made all his rivals feel so inferior. No, not on the golf course - at the bank.
The HSBC headquarters in London's Canary Wharf was a slightly surreal setting for the world's No 1 to be giving his press conference ahead of the World Match Play which begins tomorrow, but then when you are paying as much as the global financiers are for Woods' presence at Wentworth this week, you have every right to take a golfing Mohammed to his mountain of money.
And what Woods was saying turned out to be slightly surreal, anyway.
For the 30-year-old, who is on a five-tournament winning run and has never looked more masterful, does not concur with the majority of the universe that he is the greatest sportsperson in the world. Neither does he believe that the mantle belongs to his new best mate, Roger Federer.
"In my eyes, Michael Schumacher has to be," said Woods about the Formula One colossus who announced his retirement on the weekend. "His consistency does it for me. He's performed year in, year out, in a sport watched globally under immense pressure."

Source: http://sport.independent.co.uk/golf/article1523069.ece __________________
Old 14th September 2006, 02:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Michael was my favourite from his very first race with Jordan. Back then he was a kid who did the craziest things to be fast. Today he's the record holder in virtually every category. I watched him win at Indianapolis in 2004 and I'm off to watch him (hopefully win!) at Shanghai in two weeks' time!

Formula 1 will just not be the same for me once he's gone. None of the other drivers has his draw, his allure, his magic. I've been thoroughly amazed, awe-struck, entertained, enraged, elated over the past 15 seasons in F1 by this man. I wish him all the very best and thank him for bringing so much fun to my Sunday afternoons virtually every other week for 15 long years!

Michael, you will always be the greatest.
Old 14th September 2006, 10:26   #56
BHPian

Though i've never been schumacher fan, absence of such stunning driver will always be missed. He is THE most successful driver in F1 and surely one of the best.
Heres a recording of him announcing his retirement:

Download link: http://rapidshare.de/files/33053850/Schumi.wmv
Old 14th September 2006, 17:37   #57
BHPian

Michael Schumacher, a person who is the emperor of Formula 1. What more can be said about him. A racer who has changed the face of F1. Today, I can vow that all the people around the globe who watched F1 even once in their lifetime will feel sad about his retirement news. A racer who had absolute command on the race track, and also had the same jovial attitude year after year. For me after his retirement, F1 wont be the same sport as it had always been. I am going to miss every bit of his absence. Michael Schumacher, we will miss u all.
Old 14th September 2006, 17:54   #58
BHPian

Its really sad to see such an excellent driver retire! He was one of the best drivers on a wet track! I remember reading schumacher mention in somewhere that he could push the car so much because he could feel that car's response till that fraction of a second before it got out of hand!
Old 14th September 2006, 19:13   #59
BHPian

Schumi !! We adore you!!right from when i started watching F1 everyones bet for schumi, still the same..He's the best for ever!!
Old 14th September 2006, 23:12   #60
BHPian

@Prashanth: I really believe u follow F1. Not just the final results i.e.
Hakkinen was hell of a driver! No doubts. You just need to see him race. Many people (not all) just see the race and the winners and the records and christen someone "The best". Its hard for any unbiased person who followed F1 from 1997-98 to not notice Hakkinen. How sad they dont acknowledge that there exists other racers who are limited by their machines!
But all my respect for Schumi. He "too" is a great driver.

Most Viewed