Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2006, 00:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Actually Hakkinen was nothing outstanding. He was fast, yes, but he was fast when the McLarens were fast and he was nowhere when the McLarens weren't fast, unlike MS who won three races in a dog of a Ferrari in his first season with the scarlet team and also won a championship in a clearly under-powered Benetton Ford V8 vs a vastly superior Williams Renault V10.

MS also knows the best time to call it a day, unlike MH who languished at the back of the top 10 in his final season.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 15th September 2006 at 00:22.
Old 15th September 2006, 09:46   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, There are enough anti-Schumi threads on the board. Lets leave this one out, since it is a tribute to the mans achievements.

If you dont have anything nice to say, please stay away from this thread.
Old 15th September 2006, 12:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Adeos. No 21 gun Salute, but still. Liked him, hated him. Unparallelled driver, not so great sportsman.

F1 might never be the same again. Despite all his idiosyncracies, Schumacher MADE F1 the rage of the 21st century that it is now. Undebatedly. C'mon now- would the sport have been as popular in his absence?

Schumacher might have retired, but his legend will egg on. For a long time to come. I'm sure that all people, pro OR anti Schumi, will point at future drivers and say...."hey, that's not how Schumi used to do it..."..

Drive In Peace, O great one.
Old 15th September 2006, 13:00   #64
Team-BHP Support

kapilb: thanks for that retirement clip. missed it post race.

manson.
Old 15th September 2006, 13:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

the mark of a true champ- Knowing when to quit- and schumi has timed it to perfection. He is quitting when he is on the top- whether he wins the championship or not is immaterial right now- of course if he wins it it would be the icing on the cake.

Imagine the scenario at the last race if Alonso clinches the championship- Schumi would still be the centre of attraction since that would be his last F1 race ever!
Old 15th September 2006, 14:40   #66
BHPian

End of an era in F1

Since I started watching and avidly following F1 in the mid 90s, I can come up with only one name and that is Michael Schumacher. Other driver's in the era like Damon Hill, Jacques Villenuve, Mika Hakkinen, David Coultard and others, came and went, but only one name stood and kept winning races and a record seven championships.

Whenever quick lap-times are required before pitting Schumi delivers, slicing through backmarkers is a breeze and he seems to be a person who is one with his vehicle and knows the exact limits to which he can push the vehicle and himself. He can come first after qualifying last and I don’t know of any driver who has ever done that. For more than 10 ten years he has been giving 100% in every race and this is no mean task.

Yes I know about all the schenenagans done by Schumi to win races, which are sometimes outright blatant, and I even believe he has some good connections at the top of the FIA. But hey, fortune favours the brave and the winners take it all. In his never-ending quest for winning Schumi sometimes tends to disregard the competition, but without doubt he is an excellent driver and for me the best driver since I have started following F1.

Hope Alonso, Kimi and Kubica (the new Polish driver for BMW - he is FAST) keep the flame of f1 alive and make us witness some great racing. F1 did get a bit boring and predictable when Ferrari dominated the first five years of this century and Schumi winning five consecutive constructor's championships. I don't know if anyone will be able to surpass Schumi's achievements in my lifetime.
Old 24th September 2006, 09:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Many are followers of Ferrari and there are equal number of Fans supporting Schumi . I have no idea what will happen to Ferrari Supporters after Schumi retires . One thing for sure , this egend has raised the bar for excellence to such a height that the term " great driver " may rarely be used , Roger fedrer had said once " THe feeling to be invincible is something to be expereinced , perhaps Tiger woods may understand " ....... I think that should have been MS .... he is really something who can really stir a race around . His determination to stay competetive in a race thats advantageous to young bloods will indeed be a source of inspiration for many . I dont think there ever will be another M.Shumacher . Hail to the mightiest Racer ever !!!!!!!

Old 4th October 2006, 18:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

This Champ may retire in Style . ................
Old 5th October 2006, 19:10   #69
BHPian

He puts more laps than most test drivers during practice sessions....I read in an interview that when NarainK went to the gym at 6:00am, Schumi was already in the workout.... Kind of proves why he is so damn good...he slogs it out

Take a bow
Old 18th October 2006, 02:47   #70
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Hakkinen praise for old foe

Mika Hakkinen had plenty of praise for his former arch-rival Michael Schumacher. The 1998 and 1999 champion, who beat Schumacher to the spoils in both years reflected on his battles with the Ferrari driver.

"It was fantastic," Hakkinen told Eurosport of his fights with Schumacher. "It wasn't about crashing, not complaining after the race in the press. It was pure racing. That's one of the biggest reasons why there is such a high respect from Michael to me, and vice versa."

"I think of Michael's career in terms of black and white, definitely," he added. "the result is incredible, but there are a lot of mixed feelings from a lot of other drivers about his behaviour on track. But the most important thing is Michael knows himself, inside, when he was racing what he was doing."

On Schumacher's retirement he added, "I'm sure it's going to be a big challenge in his life. It doesn't matter how prepared you are, it's a big change."

source: Eurosport and F1Racing
Old 20th October 2006, 19:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
"I think of Michael's career in terms of black and white, definitely,"
Nice line!!! By the way ranjan i guess this line is gonna be oft repeated once the season gets over... After all whatever people say, he still is a champ and will always be... So the most diplomatic line for them will be this!
Old 21st October 2006, 22:46   #72
BHPian

Write your tribute to schumi

This is your chance to tell Michael Schumacher how he has touched your life throughout his Formula One career. His achievements with Ferrari Scuderia and Shell have made history.

Share your thoughts and comments on the following link
http://www.shell.com/home/WebformSer.../test_form.xml
with other Michael Schumacher fans. These will be updated daily and you can post as many as you like*. After one month, Shell will publish a special presentation book containing your feedback and will present it to Michael Schumacher as a thank you from all his fans at www.shell.com/ferrari.

Photographs from the presentation ceremony and Michael’s reaction will then be uploaded into this website.
Old 22nd October 2006, 21:20   #73
BHPian

schumi will always be remembered as the man who changed formula one. his awesome performance introduced changes in formula one, they had to change the rules to stop this maestro from painting the season red.
for me formula one has been a religion and schumacher, god!
formula one will miss him a lot and so will his fans.
i hope he stays with ferrari as a guide so that ferrari dont lose their way in formula one.
hats off to the rain master...and make mo mistake there will never be another schumacher in formula one!!!
Old 23rd October 2006, 01:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

Proving the he is still "The Champ" in F1. Noway F1 will ever forget Michael Schumacher and Ferrari.

Saw the way Honda paid their tribute... They had a sticker which translates to "Thankyou Michael" on the rear wing of their both cars.

Last edited by karthik247 : 23rd October 2006 at 01:40.
Old 23rd October 2006, 02:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

The front said Last Blast. So did both the Honda drivers' overalls.

Michael Schumacher, the greatest that ever was, ever is, and ever will be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks