Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2016 Crown?
Jorge Lorenzo 13 17.11%
Valentino Rossi 37 48.68%
Marq Marquez 25 32.89%
Dani Pedrossa 0 0%
Andrea Iannone 0 0%
Any other (Please specify)? 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 09:48   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2016 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fantastic Race. Rossi at the age of 37 with never say die attitude and the best part is riding the motorcycle fast with worn tyres makes me a cut a above. When things are not ideal, he goes a bit extra to get the result.

I drove back home 300 kms just to watch this race live.
It was surgical.
That move on Vinales, and the duke.
And then, getting back into the thick of things. "What am I going to do with you? You simply wont die...".
And the mid-corner nanosecond decision right when Marquez made his first pass, to back off and go under. It was a thing of brilliance to watch, again, and again, and again!!

Meantime, Iannone goes to the back to the back of the grid for the next race.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 12:29   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
WHAT. A . RACE.

VR46 is BACK, and with a BANG. Who'd have thought after that DNF in Mugello!

This guy is a role model for life, how to jump back after setback after setback, one disappointment after another, one should learn from Valentino Rossi!
Not for nothing, has the doctor won 7 world championships and came close to winning several others.
He is probably the only rider racing currently, who has raced in the Mad 500cc 2 stroke era, and won in that era too.

He is not just a great racer, he is also a great entertainer both on and off the track.

The least I could do as a follower, was put 'his' number 46 in my TBHP handle.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:33   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The least I could do as a follower, was put 'his' number 46 in my TBHP handle.
Where else do you think I got the suffix in my name? Been watching VR46 since 2001 if I remember correctly, when he was dominating on the RCV.

The double move he pulled on Mav & Iannone in the beginning took me right back atleast a decade when he toyed with riders at will.

There is a major psychological shift this year, with even MM & JL hailing him as being even stronger than last year, and considering him a major threat. Even Rossi feels that despite the points deficit, his race pace is right up there, and it clearly shows in how his racing and qualifying has been in 2016.

Cheers,
Parth

Last edited by Parth46 : 6th June 2016 at 12:46.
Parth46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 14:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

VR46 was on fire yesterday.

What a treat it was to watch him dissect the field with such precision.

Another wonderful moment was when MM93 and VR46 shook hands at Parc Ferme. The crowd acknowledged it with huge cheers. There were even some Honda Engineers giving Rossi a thumbs up.

As the commentators said, they don't need to be friends. But they certainly don't need to be enemies either.

I could be wrong here, but the Yamahas seem much faster than the Hondas this year down the straights. Is that the case or am I being deceived?

As for Iannone, Ben Spies put it pretty well.

The 2016 MotoGP Thread-capture.jpg

They don't call him "The Maniac" for nothing!
Old 8th June 2016, 15:21   #185
Senior - BHPian

Here's an update on the Luis Salom crash.

Apparently, Luis Salom was slower than usual after exiting turn 11. Therefore, had braked later than usual while approaching turn 12. His late braking caused him to still be on the brakes as he went over a slight bump on the track, causing him to crash.

Exact details here:
Quote:
The SAG Team has issued the following statement after analysing data from Luis Salom's Kalex, following his tragic accident in Friday's Moto2 practice in Catalunya:

“On Friday June 3rd Luis Salom passed away during the Gran Premi of Catalunya FP2 session after an accident suffered at the turn 12 of the Catalunya circuit.

“After receiving the telemetry data yesterday Sunday June 5th by the organisation, the technical staff of the SAG Team held immediately a meeting to personally determinate the facts of the accident and to communicate afterwards with exactitude what happened in technical terms at the fatal turn 12 of the Circuit of Catalunya.

“In the comprehensive analysis done on the telemetry data assisted the owner of the team Edu Perales, the team manager Jordi Rubio, the chief mechanic of Luis Salom Bernat Bassa, the chief mechanic of Jesko Raffin Michael Ferger, the Moto2 rider Jesko Raffin and the manager of Luis Salom Marco Rodrigo.

“During the course of the FP2, Luis Salom faced his first laps and makes his best lap (1'48.608) before making his first pit stop to change the rear tyre of the bike. After that, Salom comes back on the track and during that same out of the pits lap he suffers the accident.

“In that lap, Luis arrived to the turn 12 braking reference point 6 km/h slower than his fastest lap, according to the telemetry that was because a lower acceleration at the exit of turn 11. Due to that reduced speed, Luis operated the brakes 9 meters later to maintain a proper corner speed [through] turn 12.

“At the entry of the corner there is an irregularity on the asphalt known by all the riders (bump). The delay of the braking instant made Luis maintain the brakes [while] running over that asphalt irregularity, as opposed to the previous laps where he already had released the brakes on that spot.

“All of that added to an even speed than his best lap of the FP2 produced a stress on the front tyre and a grip loss on the irregularity of the asphalt. That grip loss produced the crash with the tragic outcome that we all know.

“This telemetry data provided by the organisation is available to any qualified technician who desires to analyse it.”
Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/231...4uDulJP6ZWM.99

This is Andrea Iannone explaining his spectacular crash with Jorge Lorenzo.

Quote:
“As for the incident, I can only say that I could do nothing to avoid it: I braked at the same point as all the previous laps but he was very slow at that moment and unfortunately I made contact with him and we both crashed.

“It might seem that I came in too fast and that I wanted to pass him but that's not the way it went and we got the confirmation of this by analysing the telemetry data.”
Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/231...I2V2aoZCWYR.99

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 8th June 2016 at 15:24.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 18:42   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Here's an update on the Luis Salom crash
Thanks for sharing. Just goes to show how much on the edge these guys are where literally a bump on the road can mean the difference between life and death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
This is Andrea Iannone explaining his spectacular crash with Jorge Lorenzo
He should consider changing his moniker to "The Stupid"

Very basic track etiquette demands that the one who's behind is accountable for riding, passing etc safely. Its not like these guys have rear view mirrors on their bikes to see an out of control maniac about to torpedo them. So what if JL was slower than his previous laps? He was obviously struggling. What if it was a rider who was experiencing some hardware malfunction? His idiotic explanation is as worthless as his riding. A clear case of ambition outweighing talent

Iannone would have easily passed him on the straight. That was a total douche move. Its really sad to see a rider, any rider get thrown out of the race because of no fault of theirs. Felt horrible when Rossi had to head out on account of a technical glitch, or when Dovi was taken out ..... TWICE!!!
Old 9th June 2016, 19:49   #187
BHPian

Nice tribute to Luis Salom..

badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 02:00   #188
Senior - BHPian

The Doctor Series Episode 3/5
ecenandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 08:22   #189
BHPian

A quick update-

Suzuki will have a fresh deck of riders for their 2017 motogp challenge as they sign in Alex Rings to partner Andrea Maniac Iannone.

2017 MOTOGP GRID SO FAR
Yamaha: Valentino Rossi, Maverick Vinales
Honda: Marc Marquez, Dani Pedrosa
Ducati: Jorge Lorenzo, Andrea Dovizioso
Suzuki: Andrea Iannone, Alex Rins
KTM: Bradley Smith, Pol Espargaro
Aprilia: Sam Lowes, TBC
Tech3 Yamaha: Jonas Folger, TBC
LCR Honda: Cal Crutchlow

Yet to announce riders: Marc VDS, Pramac Ducati, Avintia Ducati, Aspar Ducati.

From autosport.com

Last edited by five46 : 22nd June 2016 at 08:23. Reason: Added Credits
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 19:05   #190
BHPian

Dutch TT tomorrow, too many falls in the practice and wet qualifying.

Front will be :
Andrea Dovi
Valentino Rossi
Scott Redding

Marquez will be starting from 4th and Lorenzo will be starting from 11th.

Hoping for an exciting race tomorrow.
SohailPistawala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 22:14   #191
BHPian

It may turn out to be a great race with uncertain weather conditions.

The 2016 MotoGP Thread-assen-weather-forecast-26-june-2016.jpg

Valentino does have an upper-hand with his vaaaast experience. We may witness a few gambles as well if the weather remains tricky; and for sure lot of unexpected thrill.
five46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 23:12   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
It may turn out to be a great race with uncertain weather conditions.
Valentino does have an upper-hand with his vaaaast experience. We may witness a few gambles as well if the weather remains tricky; and for sure lot of unexpected thrill.
Agree with you man, The Doctor does have an upper hand tomorrow if the conditions remain tricky. But I'm worried if he pulls a Misano 2015 when he was leading the race and the bike change relegated him to 5th position. I hope his bike set up and the tire choices are bang on.
On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Dovi and the Ducati on top of the podium. I think he deserves to win. If Redding can pull a podium finish, nothing like it. Marquez will be hot on the heels of the leading trio for sure. Lorenzo has a real tough task ahead of him and he'll be eyeing a top 5 finish that'll keep him comfortably placed in the title race.

Last edited by Porschefire : 25th June 2016 at 23:16.
Old 26th June 2016, 19:03   #193
Senior - BHPian

What a race it was! Jack Miller was flawless in the second half after red flag.
Marquez was ecstatic on winning second position. Lorenzo had a horrible race. Rossi, Dovi crashing from the front. Pedrosa too lost his front end. Only 13 riders completing the race.

Last edited by fz_rider : 26th June 2016 at 19:04.
Old 26th June 2016, 20:46   #194
BHPian

Really fantastic race across all 3 classes with 3 new winners. As usual MOTO3 was very close and yet again the podium positions were decidid on the last chicane. Congrats to Mahindra on their maiden victory.
Unfortunate that the MOTO2 was red flagged otherwise it would have been interesting last couple of laps when Zarco was fast catching up the race leader. But, Nakagami was the deserving winner after the brilliant race.
This must be the most fascinating MOTOGP race i witnessed in the recent times with all the drama of rain, redflags, restarts and Jackass getting his first podium and victory. Very bad crash for Rossi in terms of his championship aspirations for this year. It was good to see Marquez running a matured race after the leaders fell and Lorenzo securing top ten finish despite having his worst race.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 10:02   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, what a race!!
And what a Jhakas performance by the Jackass! What a long draught he broke!

When the showers came down heavy in the first session, and rossi was behind, it was maddeningly frustrating. I wanted him in front, but owing to the rains, I was sort of happy that he's at least sticking to the bike in front. In the rains, leading was always going to painful either for the pace, or falling. And that's what eventually happened didn't it? Anyway.
Surprisingly consistent and non mad ride from Marquez!
JLo, any news on what was the matter?

Most Viewed