Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2016 Crown?
Jorge Lorenzo 13 17.11%
Valentino Rossi 37 48.68%
Marq Marquez 25 32.89%
Dani Pedrossa 0 0%
Andrea Iannone 0 0%
Any other (Please specify)? 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 23:09   #286
BHPian

Re: The 2016 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I know that you like me have been watching races for sometime. His best was against Sete, Max, Casey. Those times, had Marquez been on the grid, I am unsure as to how things would have fared.

Rossi is still competitive and has always beat most of his rivals still, but due to some reason or the other, has not been able to win any WC's for the past plenty of years.

I respect him for what he was and what he is. At this age, he still is giving the young guys a run for their money. While Lorenzo is flawless in dry, he doesn't have that fire which Rossi had, which Marc has.

And I don't see Rossi winning another WC, couple of races, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Sheel; Rossi's loss of performance is after he suffered a bad fracture and had to take a 'forced break'. Just look up the records. He has very seldom started from Pole or even the front row.
Now that you say it, I agree. Rossi in my humble opinion does not go beyond a certain risk level. He still has fire and is up for racing and can sort of attack and all and fight. But I don't think he likes pushing beyond a certain point which probably Marc is ready to.

I don't blame him. With his age and his accomplishments the fact that he still shows the fire to win, the will to learn is highly respectable.

This is completely my theory:
I think he sort of understands that he is not the fastest in every race, so consistency is his best chance, that is why he is not ready to go beyond a level of risk that might risk the result of that race.

I truly admire his will to compete though!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 07:26   #287
Senior - BHPian

Let the joy of racing remain as pure as this.

Ps: he is wearing a '46' shirt. Just saying.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 7th September 2016 at 07:31.
schakravarthy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 11:39   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post

Ps: he is wearing a '46' shirt. Just saying.
What heartwarming stuff! Pure, unadulterated, unfiltered joy.

Bet that kid is hooked to bikes for life!
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 16:21   #289
BHPian

The thunderous screaming of 20 odd bikes on track is the real thrill and needs to be experienced live. Our phone cameras or even the pro ones don't truly capture the roar of these bikes.
There is indeed a significant difference in seeing it live and in watching on TV.
Old 8th September 2016, 11:05   #290
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note: Thread cleaned up. Please keep it civil, polite & courteous guys. You know we strictly prohibit personal attacks & rude posts.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 22:21   #291
Senior - BHPian

In perfect conditions at Misano, Lorenzo blazed past everyone to take pole. In the process he set a record moving into 1.31s. Vale starts second. Easily looks Yamaha 1 2 for now. If things continue same for the rest of season, 50 points lead doesn't look enough for Marquez who starts 4th.
Old 10th September 2016, 22:43   #292
Team-BHP Support

Hope the weather remains as it was today and the race will be worth a watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Made my day, thanks for sharing!

Last edited by manson : 13th September 2016 at 13:26. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 00:10   #293
BHPian

I wouldn't rule out Marquez yet, as he is pretty strong in stop-go turns in Misano.
Anyway, I am not expecting many close encounters as either Lorenzo or Marquez will race away to glory, I feel.
Old 11th September 2016, 11:05   #294
BHPian

According to motomatters.com the riders with fastest race pace are Rossi, Marquez and Lorenzo, in that sequence.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 18:17   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, a popular victory, I suppose.
And credit where credit's due, he scythed through and led by quite a margin to win, yeah.
Excellent race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
According to motomatters.com the riders with fastest race pace are Rossi, Marquez and Lorenzo, in that sequence.

And 2, 3, and 4, we have.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 19:10   #296
BHPian

Yep, I take my words back. Surprised with Pedrosa's charge. The most unfortunate rider, to not have won the MotoGP crown.
His move on Rossi was aggressive and great to watch.
A very tough 2nd place for Rossi. Finally, we heard the truth from Lorenzo today! 😄
By the way, what a great atmosphere it was in the Doctor's backyard! It was like one of our IPL matches 😀
Old 11th September 2016, 21:07   #297
BHPian

There were two stars in this race. Pedrosa and Rossi.

Pedrosa: Main problem with him past few years is that he was not able to get optimum performance out of tyres. When the weather is cold, he had problems bringing the tyres upto temperature (due to his low weight and also due to the nature of Honda). When the weather conditions are hot and the track was not gripping, he had issues of spinning (again due to weight). However, when the weather is hot and the track is gripping like today he can be a real threat. Also, the fact that he chose a soft front (others were on medium, Marquez was on Hard) helped him to overtake decisively in corners. He overtook Marquez, Lorenzo and Rossi like they were novices and made it stick. A very dominant victory indeed. This is a track where Yamaha is strong and Rossi knows this like back of his hand. To beat Rossi here is nothing short of phenomenal.

Rossi: If there is one race which Rossi wanted to win, it will most probably be Misano. He lives a few miles away and considers this his home race. He also uses this track regularly with VR46 academy and also practices with R1 once in a while. Last year, he missed out on the win due to strategy error and said that he felt like crying. This year, he had enormous pressure on him and almost pulled off a win. Beating Lorenzo so decisively on a track where the Spaniard has always been so strong is true indicator of the preparation Rossi put in for this race.

Marquez, well it's down to his tyre choice. With medium front he would have been in the fray for podium. I thought that his overtake moves, especially on Vinales were a bit overboard. Thanks to Pedrosa, he lost only 7 points to Rossi instead of 12.

There were war of words between Rossi and Lorenzo in post race press conference. Lorenzo will receive some more brickbats for his statements. My stance is that while the move is hard, it was not unexpected of Rossi (or) Marquez, especially at a track where the overtaking chances are less. Lorenzo did the right thing by standing the bike up..if not there would have been a crash. However, there is no point discussing this in press conference. He could have either put forth his issues to race direction (or better still) give his answer on track in next race.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/233...rbal-spat.html

Last edited by badri : 11th September 2016 at 21:33.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 21:25   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JORGE LORENZO: If you ask this question [if Rossi's move was a surprise], it's because maybe the move is aggressive. Because if not you don't ask this question. You can have different opinions, my opinion is that the overtake was maybe too aggressive, he didn't need to make this overtake. But, you know, it's his style. Other riders overtake more clean and I have to just...

VALENTINO ROSSI: [LAUGHS]

JL: It's true.

VR: It's not true.

JL: It is true.

VR: Try to look another time at the overtake on the television.

JL: If I don't put straight the bike we crash. Maybe you don't crash but I crash for sure.

VR: It's not true. I don't know what I have to say. What do I have to say with Marquez [after their battle] in Silverstone...

JL: It's your opinion...

VR: We overtake 10 times like this. Why do you say like this? It's not true.

JL: See the video of the past.

VR: Also you overtake quite aggressive.

JL: It's my opinion. It's just my opinion.

VR: Also you overtake always aggressive.

JL: When?

VR: In this moment I don't remember, but if you check the tapes... 100 times to me.

JL:
Don't laugh. This is my opinion, I explained my opinion. Race direction will have another opinion.

VR: I have to check the image.

JL: I didn't check the images, I will see. But for me, if I don't put straight the bike, I will crash.

VR: OK. I don't agree.

JL: For me, he didn't need to risk overtaking, he was better today, he will pass me anyway sooner or later, but he didn't need to be so aggressive on me, I think. But anyway, he will have another opinion, of course.
Looks like Lorenzo wasn't happy with the move made by Rossi.

Source
ecenandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 11:38   #299
BHPian

Hold on, let me get this straight!

So besides the well-known parameters of :

1. A bright and sunny day
2. Pole Position
3. No fogging in visor
4. No helmet foam coming out
5. Perfect edge-grip tyres
6. Comfy leathers

We now need to add, STRICTLY NO OVERTAKING, to the JLO list.

Dorna should make RVMs and double-tone horns mandatory from next season.

Seriously, this guy is coming unhinged and I haven't seen more disgrace brought to the words DEFENDING CHAMPION in a long long time.

Superb ride by Rossi, an even better one by Dani! He was on steroids!

Cheers

Last edited by Parth46 : 12th September 2016 at 11:41.
Parth46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 11:48   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Looks like Lorenzo wasn't happy with the move made by Rossi.
Doesn't really matter. It was a fair move. You leave the door wide open and expect a rider faster than you not to overtake...?
Why not accept being slow?
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks