Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2016 Crown?
Jorge Lorenzo 13 17.11%
Valentino Rossi 37 48.68%
Marq Marquez 25 32.89%
Dani Pedrossa 0 0%
Andrea Iannone 0 0%
Any other (Please specify)? 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2016, 00:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2016 MotoGP Thread

Guys, do you think Lorenzo will switch to Ducati next season?

Personally, I want see him or Marc in a Ducati. I believe both of them can be the man a Ducati needs.
Old 8th April 2016, 23:06   #77
BHPian

Ecenandu, Btw both are ending their contracts with their respective manufacturers this year.

I feel Marquez will continue with Factory Honda.

Anywys race weekend again, America it is!

Hoping to see a good three way battle between Honda, yamaha and ducati.
Old 10th April 2016, 16:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

Personally, I want see him or Marc in a Ducati. I believe both of them can be the man a Ducati needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Ecenandu, Btw both are ending their contracts with their respective manufacturers this year.

I feel Marquez will continue with Factory Honda.

Marquez will definitely continue with Honda. For the rest of his career.
Lorenzo will move to Ducat, I think. But then which Andrea will Ducati cut loose?
One thing I don't understand is why Honda would like to continue with Dani Pedrosa! I love the guy, but he has not been very competetive so far. Granted we are just two races down this season, but still! Why don't they hire a younger/injury-free rider like Vinales or any of the Espargro brothers? Is it to have just one top rider (Marquez) and avoid a situation like at Yamaha with two top dogs?
I guess we will have to wait for Lorenzo to reveal his decision. That should sort things out.
Old 11th April 2016, 00:47   #79
BHPian

Austins stone cold Vale..
15 laps to go.. Oh ma ma.. As I type Dani and Dovi are out. Good to see Dani running upto Dovi in concern.
Old 11th April 2016, 01:15   #80
BHPian

Wow! The way Pedrosa crashed into Dovi was scary. How come Rossi who was in 2nd or 3rd at one point ended up in 6th before crashing out? He was like a sitting duck on the straights with everyone overtaking him.
Old 11th April 2016, 07:45   #81
BHPian

The race quickly became a procession once Rossi, Pedrosa and Dovi were out. Interesting bit was the race for supremacy between Suzuki riders. Vinales is proving to be a world champion in the making.

Talking about Vinales, Yamaha must be scampering to sign him as soon as possible as replacement for Lorenzo, who is for sure to move to Ducati. Lorenzo's yet unannounced (but widely believed to have been done) signing with Ducati can be good for Yamaha and for himself.

For Yamaha
1. Will give a chance to bring in an upcoming rider who can be superstar for the future. Having Rossi and Lorenzo locked in for another 2 years will send all the promising talent (Vinales, Rins etc) to other factories.
2. Better environment in the team. Rossi and Lorenzo can never be on cordial terms anymore after 2015 incidents.
3. Less financial burden. Lorenzo is widely believed to be the highest paid rider in Motogp.

For Lorenzo
1. New challenge. He cannot possibly match Rossi's records but will take some pleasure if he can succeed with a manufacturer where Rossi couldn't.
2. Better paycheck.

If Vinales moves to Yamaha, there are chances that Suzuki may lure Pedrosa from Honda. Some scribes believe that Suzuki or Yamaha will suit Pedrosa's 250cc style better than Honda. It would be great if it can give him a shot at the world title.

Last edited by badri : 11th April 2016 at 07:55.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 16:16   #82
Team-BHP Support

Yamaha are surely on the look-out for Vinales who rode brilliantly in Austin battling it out with his team-mate Aleix Espargaro. The GP race seemed similar to the Moto 2 race, with Alex Rins on pole and clinching the victory just as Marc.

The Dovi Pedro crash was one of the most unfortunate events. Dovi has mentioned that the place in the team would be decided on the performance and points, but with his bad luck, can he stay ahead of Iannone who's just 7 points behind him?
Old 11th April 2016, 18:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Wow! The way Pedrosa crashed into Dovi was scary. How come Rossi who was in 2nd or 3rd at one point ended up in 6th before crashing out? He was like a sitting duck on the straights with everyone overtaking him.
That is what even I couldn't understand. I mean Lorenzo made a mistake, went wide and was behind Rossi at the start of the straight but still overtook him on the straight.

This has made it tougher for Rossi. One of his biggest strengths last year because of which he could fight for the championship was his consistency.

All I hope is he is able to fight back.

Rachit
Old 11th April 2016, 18:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
That is what even I couldn't understand. I mean Lorenzo made a mistake, went wide and was behind Rossi at the start of the straight but still overtook him on the straight.
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/229...e-you-pay.html

He made a small mistake on the corner and burnt his clutch at the start.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 19:59   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing Rossi so slow on the back straight gave away that something was wrong. The same repeated for 2 laps and 3rd lap the front end is lost and crash. So many riders running hot in to the first turn and running wide or crashing. It will take some more races for the riders to come to terms with the Michelin Tyres as the margin of error is minimal.
Old 11th April 2016, 22:24   #86
BHPian

Rossi Chor hai!! He is copying Lorenzo and still not able to match him.

Once upon a time he built a wall so that Lorenzo wouldnt see his data and now he is even copying his gears! Such impudence and blatancy! :-)

http://www.mgptoday.com/full_story/v...ying_my_gears/

Last edited by JayKis : 11th April 2016 at 22:36.
Old 11th April 2016, 23:49   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Rossi Chor hai!! He is copying Lorenzo and still not able to match him.

Once upon a time he built a wall so that Lorenzo wouldnt see his data and now he is even copying his gears! Such impudence and blatancy! :-)

http://www.mgptoday.com/full_story/v...ying_my_gears/
Doesn't the team share data anyway? I don't know if Lorenzo used Rossi's riding data points as a baseline, but instead of complaining, he should've let someone else find out and say it aloud - that the master was copying the style of a "lesser" rider, if that is the case. More than that, let his laptimes/wins do the talking and be more of a gentleman, like Dani.

Poor Dovi, got taken out of the race again, for no fault of his.

I wasn't sure so far if JLo will switch camps, but it looks like the VR-JL rivalry is cool only at the surface. No telling if he'll do better on the Ducati - in VR's absence, surely JLo has spent time developing the M1 and gotten better over time. If the Ducati doesn't suit his riding, it will be a lot of work tuning it to work for him, big big risk, that Rossi couldn't succeed at.

Vinales is showing a lot of talent, he'll be someone to watch out for. Bautista and Bradl are doing worse than ever, at the back of the pack - couple of years ago, they were the ones fighting out for 5th and 6th or such.

Dani isn't going to leave Honda ever, and Marquez has little reason to. If JLo does switch to Ducati, I reckon it will be Dovi who will have to go , since teams generally don't have riders of the same experience.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 11:42   #88
BHPian

Looks like Lorenzo's move out of Yamaha will be announced in Jerez. Yamaha chief, Lin Jarvis will be present in press conference.

http://www.gpone.com/en/201604152394...-the-clue.html

Now, the race for second seat at factory Yamaha will intensify. My guess is that Rossi may try to not have Vinales onboard. He is young, has good race craft and can prove to be tougher than Lorenzo. Someone like Alex Rins may suit Rossi better. Even though Rins is exceptionally good, he will be a rookie in MotoGP and will take time to come up to speed. This will give Rossi a better chance for 10th title.

This year, it looks tough for Rossi to win the title. Marquez looks ominous and seems to have learnt enough from last year to settle for 2nd or 3rd places when he can not win.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 20:59   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

Yup, finally its true.

Quote:
Having spent his entire premier class career with Yamaha, Jorge Lorenzo will move to the factory Ducati Team for 2017.
On Monday the 18th of April 2016, Ducati announced that they have reached an agreement with Jorge Lorenzo which will see the Spanish rider take part in the MotoGP™ World Championship in 2017 and 2018 aboard the Ducati Desmosedici GP of the Ducati Team. After nine seasons in MotoGP™ with Yamaha and three titles, this is a big step for Lorenzo as he aims to join the likes of Rossi, Lawson, Stoner and Giacomo Agostini in taking premier class titles on two different makes of motorcycle.
Source
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 11:32   #90
Team-BHP Support

Jerez: A glance at the numbers

Gran Premio Red Bull de España would be hosted at Circuito de Jerez. A much awaited event for all the MotoGP fans.
The 2016 MotoGP Thread-jerez_jer8752.gallery_full_top_lg.jpg
Back in 2013, the last corner of the circuit was renamed after Jorge Lorenzo. The Spaniard didn't have much luck for couple of years since until last year wherein he finally won the Grand Prix race at Jerez.

Last year, Valentino Rossi received a star on the motorcycling walk of fame at Jerez. This year, the riders face each other in a neck to neck competition and we are bound to have a wonderful race. Here are some numbers to crunch upon till the weekend.
The 2016 MotoGP Thread-capture.png
Track length: 4.4 Km
Corners: 5-left, 8-right
Width: 11m
Longest straight: 607m
Laps: 27
Total race distance: 119.4 Km

Most Wins:
Valentino Rossi (6), Jorge Lorenzo (3), Dani Pedrosa (2)

Most Poles:
Jorge Lorenzo (5), Valentino Rossi (4), Dani Pedrosa (2)

Most Wins Manufacturers (Since 2002):
Honda (7), Yamaha (5), Ducati (1)

Circuit Records
Fastest Lap
2015- Jorge Lorenzo in 1'37.910.
Top Speed
Andrea Iannone - 295.9 Kph
The 2016 MotoGP Thread-4gn_88061.gallery_full_top_lg.jpg
2015 results - Jorge Lorenzo, Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi
2014 results - Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi, Dani Pedrosa
2013 results - Dani Pedrosa, Marc Marquez, Jorge Lorenzo

Time to place your bets accordingly.

Source

Last edited by Omkar : 19th April 2016 at 11:36.
Omkar is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed