Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2016 Crown?
Jorge Lorenzo 13 17.11%
Valentino Rossi 37 48.68%
Marq Marquez 25 32.89%
Dani Pedrossa 0 0%
Andrea Iannone 0 0%
Any other (Please specify)? 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:13   #256
BHPian

Re: The 2016 MotoGP Thread

And here we go again!

Jorge Lorenzo believes that he could have been leading the MotoGP championship this season had there not been any wet races.

Excerpt : “That’s why, maybe, in a championship with only dry races, I could be leading, but with these three or four races in the wet and the mistake in Argentina, I lose many points and I am so far.

Full Text : http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...eading-814274/

Indoor tracks with controlled climate can't come soon enough!!

Last edited by Parth46 : 2nd September 2016 at 18:18.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 21:58   #257
BHPian

What does Andrea Iannone do if he is locked out of his Porsche? Check out the link below..true blue Italian I would say.

http://www.motogp-world.com/porsche-...ak-window.html

If not for the hot headed nature he showed early in the season, Ducati would have probably retained him instead of Dovi. Now, we have two riders Lorenzo and Dovi who have sort of not so exciting personalities. For a Italian team like Ducati, Iannone's colourful character would be a perfect fit. Well, then again if he is so boneheaded as to take out his own team mate by impossible to execute maneuvers, the liability may be much bigger than the benefit he brings.

Last edited by badri : 2nd September 2016 at 22:27.
Old 3rd September 2016, 04:58   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Excerpt : “That’s why, maybe, in a championship with only dry races, I could be leading, but with these three or four races in the wet and the mistake in Argentina, I lose many points and I am so far.
The list of excuses keeps getting bigger after every race, even though all riders face the same conditions (excess wheelspin, tyre wear, etc).
That's the concern in case of Lorenzo.True champions don't complain on such nitty gritties. Rather they learn and adapt.

Will be attending the British Grand Prix on Sunday @ Silverstone. Pretty excited!
There is a lot of support for the British riders this time around, especially after Crutchlow's win in Brno

Last edited by manson : 3rd September 2016 at 14:43. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 14:30   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
Will be attending the British Grand Prix on Sunday @ Silverstone.
Pretty excited!

Lucky you! Hope the weather stays dry tomorrow. Rain is good for the underdogs though..
Old 3rd September 2016, 20:39   #260
Senior - BHPian

Cal Crutchlow is on a roll ! Following a win he on pole for home GP. Hope it keeps raining to keep the things hot !
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:54   #261
BHPian

Tomorrow it is predicted to be a dry race, so it should be a normal race for factory teams to perform strongly. But crutchlow was fast in practice session's , so could hope for better result in his home GP.

Broadcast timings on Ten2 for race tomorrow
Moto3**RAC*17:00
Moto2**RAC*18:30
MotoGP**RAC*20:00

Hope they don't spoil it like in last race, though they already had lot of interruptions during quali today.
Old 3rd September 2016, 21:56   #262
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Why are they showing it in Ten2 and not Ten HD.
Old 3rd September 2016, 22:15   #263
BHPian

The 2016 MotoGP Thread

Its raining here in London right now. Seems like it will rain all night.
However BBC weather forecasts a dry raceday.
I am hoping it rains! 😀

And if it's a dry race then watch out for Lorenzo!
He will have a very good start in the first lap, for sure.

Last edited by aamateen46 : 3rd September 2016 at 22:27.
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 21:16   #264
Team-BHP Support

Marquez would have been second if he wasn't that hot everytime. But for sure he is beating the GOAT fair and square.

He should be winning this year's WC if that counts.

The only poster I have put up on my wall is of #46, I watch podium celebrations & post race conference only when he wins, but here is someone who is genuinely beating him, wet or dry.
Old 4th September 2016, 21:17   #265
BHPian

Great job and many congrats to Maverick on his first win ,surely the first of many more to come!

Amazing race, almost like Moto 3, great scraps between Cal, Rossi and Marquez.

People will call him miraculous Marc, but I think he was back to his reckless best, and ultimately paid the price. And it was only the first time he beat Rossi in a one-on-one this season, with the doctor coming out on top in both Jerez and Barcelona.

The dry-champ also had no impact today. It didn't even rain, guess just overcast skies are enough to put the fear of God in some.

Overall, superb race and moving on to Misano.

Last edited by Parth46 : 4th September 2016 at 21:33.
Parth46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 21:19   #266
BHPian

What a race!!

One of the best I've seen in a long time. Got all the drama that is required and more.

A rising star winning his first GP
A local hero coming in a hard fought second place
Fairing bashing racing from the two riders fighting for championship

What else could one have asked for? As A Lorenzo fan, I would have liked to see him in thick of the fight rather than languishing in eighth. However, the phenomenal excitement of watching this race almost made me forget to check where he finished.

Looking at the way this kid rode Suzuki today, I'm happy that the future of Yamaha (after Rossi) is in safe hands.

Marquez? Only he could finish in 4th after taking 2 detours in one race. This year, he claims that he is a changed man and that he looks to settle for lower position if it helps his championship. Only that when he sees a bike with number 46 in front of him does he forget all the changes and goes to his primal mode. Boy, what a scrap that was. He finally managed to break Rossi and made him give up the fight (sensibly so). Else either one or two of them would have been in gravel.

Coming back to Vinales, he is going to give tough time to Rossi next year and maybe win a few races. The experience of Rossi in setting up Yam though will help him come on top. For 2018, I will be very surprised if Vinales doesn't outperform Rossi.

Marquez, Rossi, Lorenzo, Vinales, Pedrosa, Iannone etc.. this could possibly be the best grid I've seen in more than 25 years of following 500CC, Motogp! It's just amazing that Rossi is able to keep himself at sharp end of the races with this young bunch. Shows the sheer hard work he put in to achieve it.

Last edited by badri : 4th September 2016 at 21:45.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 22:12   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
Its raining here in London right now. Seems like it will rain all night.
However BBC weather forecasts a dry raceday.
I am hoping it rains! 😀

And if it's a dry race then watch out for Lorenzo!
He will have a very good start in the first lap, for sure.
So, did you have fun? Share pics and your experience mate! Or are you out partying with Vinales?

I did watch out for Lorenzo, but couldn't find him atleast on my TV screen. How about you?
Old 4th September 2016, 22:22   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
I did watch out for Lorenzo, but couldn't find him atleast on my TV screen. How about you?
On a humorous note, I guess it would be the tyres that he could mention as reason for poor performance. I just hope he doesn't say that the first set of tyres (before restart) were better than the second one.

Talking about the restart, it was a very scary accident for Pol and Loris Baz. The way the corners (Becketts I guess) flow into one another result in a fallen rider to slide and come on to the track in second part of the corner sequence. It was a miracle that they were not hit by other riders.

Last edited by badri : 4th September 2016 at 22:37.
Old 5th September 2016, 04:35   #269
BHPian

The 2016 MotoGP Thread

Finally saw the Doctor live in action! 😀
What an amazing race! Crutchlow has matured as a rider and deserves a Repsol Honda ride ASAP.
Lorenzo cannot give any more excuses now. Marquez looks set to win the championship now. It will be very difficult for Rossi to catch him now.
The weather was very pleasant and cool. I was at Luffield corner.
I am unable to upload videos. Will try later. Here are some pics which I took.
Attachment 1550896Attachment 1550897Attachment 1550898

Last edited by aamateen46 : 5th September 2016 at 04:51.
Old 5th September 2016, 06:21   #270
Team-BHP Support

BTW, Lorenzo is going to Ducati and what about Dani? What musical chairs are happening? Who leaves Ducati for Lorenzo, Dovi?

Last edited by manson : 6th September 2016 at 19:12. Reason: No more potshots, keep it clean.

Most Viewed