Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2016 Crown?
Jorge Lorenzo 13 17.11%
Valentino Rossi 37 48.68%
Marq Marquez 25 32.89%
Dani Pedrossa 0 0%
Andrea Iannone 0 0%
Any other (Please specify)? 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2016, 09:17   #271
BHPian

Re: The 2016 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
BTW, Lorenzo is going to Ducati and what about Dani? What musical chairs are happening? Who leaves Ducati for Lorenzo, Dovi?
2017 Rider line up

Repsol Honda
Marc Marquez (End of 2018)
Dani Pedrosa (End of 2018)

Movistar Yamaha
Valentino Rossi (End of 2018)
Maverick Vinales (End of 2018)

Ducati Team
Jorge Lorenzo (End of 2018)
Andrea Dovizioso (End of 2018)

Suzuki
Andrea Iannone (End of 2018)
Alex Rins (End of 2018)

KTM
Bradley Smith (End of 2018)
Pol Espargaro (End of 2018)

Aprilia Gresini
Sam Lowes (End of 2018)
Aleix Espargaro (End of 2018)

LCR Honda
Cal Crutchlow (End of 2017)

Marc VDS Honda
Jack Miller (End of 2017)
Tito Rabat (End of 2017)

Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Jonas Folger (End of 2017, Option 2018)
Johann Zarco (End of 2017, Option 2018)

Avintia Ducati
Hector Barbera (End of 2017)
Loris Baz (End of 2017)
Barbera will ride a GP16 and Baz a GP15.

Pramac Ducati
Scott Redding
Danilo Petrucci
Both riders will continue at team in 2017.

Aspar Ducati
Alvaro Bautista (End of 2017)
Yonny Hernandez
With Eugene Laverty returning to World Superbikes, Hernandez is set to confirmed as staying. Bautista will ride a GP16 and Hernandez a GP15.

What is essentially means is that all factory seats are taken till 2018. Gives stability to factory teams.

Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/...j69LF8dmd0r.99

Last edited by badri : 5th September 2016 at 09:21.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 10:50   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
On a humorous note, I guess it would be the tyres that he could mention as reason for poor performance. I just hope he doesn't say that the first set of tyres (before restart) were better than the second one.
You almost got it right.

Mystery solved - it was not just the tyres but the whole bike itself that was vibrating this time.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2016/0...setting/209635

"All of a sudden I felt the bike was vibrating a lot, so I had to close the throttle and relieve the pace and I couldn‘t keep up the pace I had at the start of the race."
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 18:06   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
2017 Rider line up

Suzuki
Andrea Iannone (End of 2018)
Was Iannone asked to quit or he left Ducati on his own?
Old 5th September 2016, 19:17   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Was Iannone asked to quit or he left Ducati on his own?
Iannone was a strong favourite to continue at Ducati in 2017 but one incident changed it against him. He took out Dovi and himself in Argentina when they were comfortably placed in 2nd and 3rd. Ducati was furious with this and made no bones about their displeasure. Also, once Lorenzo signed it was all the more preferable for Ducati to have an amicable team mate for him. Their aim is to win world championships and they didn't want a hot headed team mate to jeopardize the chances of their new No 1 rider.
badri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 22:27   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Marquez would have been second if he wasn't that hot everytime. But for sure he is beating the GOAT fair and square.

He should be winning this year's WC if that counts.

The only poster I have put up on my wall is of #46, I watch podium celebrations & post race conference only when he wins, but here is someone who is genuinely beating him, wet or dry.
As a Rossi fan, it is difficult to accept but Marc is a Talent with a big 'T'. Plus his new found maturity this year, is a very lethal combination. We all know Honda is not the best bike this year, I mean Dani is not a bad rider even in the faintest sense of imagination.

I think now that Marc has a good grip on the championship, he is taking some opportunities to be himself. I know he made a mistake and finished 4th, but what the heck he wanted to race. I see more of this happening in the coming races. As he gets closer to the championship he will be ready to take more risks.

Honestly as a Rossi fan we need more of this because this brings risk and chances of him not finishing and this championship becoming closer. Otherwise it is almost sealed.

This might also bring the best out of Rossi too.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 08:21   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
This might also bring the best out of Rossi too.
I know that you like me have been watching races for sometime. His best was against Sete, Max, Casey. Those times, had Marquez been on the grid, I am unsure as to how things would have fared.

Rossi is still competitive and has always beat most of his rivals still, but due to some reason or the other, has not been able to win any WC's for the past plenty of years.

I respect him for what he was and what he is. At this age, he still is giving the young guys a run for their money. While Lorenzo is flawless in dry, he doesn't have that fire which Rossi had, which Marc has.

And I don't see Rossi winning another WC, couple of races, yes.
Old 6th September 2016, 09:56   #277
BANNED

@Sheel; Rossi's loss of performance is after he suffered a bad fracture and had to take a 'forced break'. Just look up the records. He has very seldom started from Pole or even the front row.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:28   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Sheel; Rossi's loss of performance is after he suffered a bad fracture and had to take a 'forced break'. Just look up the records. He has very seldom started from Pole or even the front row.
This is what I wanted to say Sanjay Sir. The part highlighted in bold. What ever be the reason, he isn't the same any more, be it injury or age or both.

I as an unbiased fan accept this and I like Rossi but I can like Marc at the same time no? He reminds me of younger Rossi, the reason to like him.
Old 6th September 2016, 12:17   #279
BHPian

None of us mere mortals can even pretend to judge whether or not he is the same as before, what he WAS and IS will never be something that can be matched by the current crop.

While some are content to debate on this, and how the young pretenders to the throne are the new saviors, here's a defending champion who has ingloriously thrown in the towel, while his 37 year old team-mate is still swapping paint at the top of the grid.

Lorenzo "doesn't care" about title amid current form slump

Asked about his title hopes after the British Grand Prix, Lorenzo said: "I don't care about the championship because we are not competitive, we are losing a lot of points.

"Always somehow, always happens something for us to lose the points in the last [few] races.

"Let's see at Misano - in the dry we're okay to be one of the fastest, to fight for victory. And if it rains, to try to make another step forward."

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/new...-slump-815786/

Not sure if any top-level MotoGP defending champion has performed like this on the same bike/factory team- I'm sure Ducati are proud of their $12M investment. <drops mic>

Last edited by Parth46 : 6th September 2016 at 12:24.
Parth46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 13:17   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

All you gents are bikers here, more or less. What did you think of Marc banging into Cal's knee?
Old 6th September 2016, 13:43   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
All you gents are bikers here, more or less. What did you think of Marc banging into Cal's knee?
I think it's the winglet that hit Cal, that's why winglets are being banned from next season, they're a safety hazard. Ducati is not too happy though.

A safety hazard in the hands of another safety hazard, MM, is a double safety hazard.

I just hope no-one gets hurt!

EDIT : MM bumped into Cal's rear tyre at the start of the first race also, so a total of 3 bumps and 2 detours.

Last edited by Parth46 : 6th September 2016 at 13:45.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 14:31   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Felt it was too aggressive and could have taken both the bikes out. May be the race direction needs to have a word with him to keep him in check. With a big cushion of points, you will surely see such kind of aggressive stuff in the remaining races. Race hard fair and square, not by banging into others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
EDIT : MM bumped into Cal's rear tyre at the start of the first race also, so a total of 3 bumps and 2 detours.
It was not Cal, I think it was Redding with whom he had a tangle at the race start (1st one and not the one after red flag).

Last edited by nkrishnap : 6th September 2016 at 14:32.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 15:49   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Lest we forget, its a sport. A few nicks and scrapes are absolutely fine. And you know what; Race Direction seems to agree .... so
Only problem with few nicks and scrapes are that it is way too often with one rider. Cal, Rossi, Pedrosa, Iannone, and few more riders too overtook. But none by pushing and bumping into the other rider.

Anyways, I have no intention to debate this further. Thanks to the discussion veering off to offensive posts. You have your opinion and I have mine. I would agree to disagree and move on.

PS: Just because someone did it in the past, doesn't mean Marquez has to repeat and better the offense.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 17:43   #284
Senior - BHPian

About the Crutchlow and Marquez "incident":

Quote:
"Yeah, there was contact. He hit me at 200mph!" Crutchlow said. "Marc didn't mean to do it; I shut off and he was still accelerating. The speed that he hit me in the leg... The wing hit me. It dead-legged me. And then it pushed me wide and I thought, 'I have to make this corner' because that was the move for second."
Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/233...t-my-head.html

About the Rossi-Marquez duel:
Quote:
“More when I have Marquez, because I know that he has special treatment with me! But also with Iannone, it is not easy. Apart from the joke, it was a great battle with Iannone and also with Marquez – it is always a strong battle, but fair."
Source: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/233...-but-fair.html

Straight from the horses' mouths. Both these riders aren't the diplomatic type. If they felt Marquez was being reckless, they would have called it out.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:59   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Most of us here are bikers here, but I can say confidently that none of us are professional racers. There is a huge difference between the two, I am sure you would agree
Are you saying the professional racers are not on TBHP or not reading/participating in this thread? Why would you assume that?

Most Viewed