Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2016, 15:12   #16
BHPian

Wow! The rain will make things very interesting in the race, with no idea who will perform better on intermediates/wet tyres.
Ricciardo is still in the best position with a good car and starting from first row.
Old 29th May 2016, 18:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

That's such a tease from Hamilton.
And rosberg, rain has stopped, my man!!
Old 29th May 2016, 19:25   #18
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : 2016 Monaco Grand Prix

What were the Redbull pit guys smoking?

Soft - Super soft - Ultra soft. the pit guys were all over the place. The smiling Aussie desevedd the win. Sad
Old 29th May 2016, 19:31   #19
BHPian

Its Hammer time. First win in 2016. Bad luck for Daniel and Max. Good to see Daniel put continuous pressure on Hamilton. Dramatic race this.

Hamilton overwhelmed with emotions lost for words. Probably will get his head down for the rest of the season.

Sad for Daniel but good to see him smiling and red bull back to speed.

Also Perez being the first Mexican national on the podium.

Both McLaren's in the top 10. Yaay

Last edited by rohitoasis : 29th May 2016 at 19:44.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 19:32   #20
BANNED

Extremely impressive driving/maturity shown by Hamilton and Ricciardo !

What a prestigious achievement for FI ! I'm sure this has to be one of the few reprieves for Vijay Mallya in recent times.
Old 29th May 2016, 21:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

My respect to Nico has grown further. He obeyed the team order, I don't think Lewis would have done the same in a similar situation.

Lewis knows that track position is more important around here from the experience he had last year.

But Lewis was on another league compared to Nico in the first stint. Nico(in the interview) took the blame to himself and didn't complain that he had issues with the car.

But during the race, I remember Ted telling there was a problem with brakes in Nico's car. We will wait and see.

Brilliant race by Max until that crash, good overtaking moves from him. "Its always good to have a fast guy that crash than have a slow guy that don't crash. Because you can't make a slow guy go fast." I remember someone(Team principal) telling this, not exactly that but on a similar line. He will improve with time, no doubt.

Poor Dani, lost two wins in a row because of blunders by Redbull.

Interesting fact, prior to this race, this season, Lewis has only lead one lap!!! Sums up his season, pretty much, doesn't it.
Old 29th May 2016, 21:31   #22
BHPian

This race had everything, strategy, crashes, more crashes and a brilliant race at the front. Rain in Monaco makes for spectacular races normally.

Results :
Name:  results.png
Views: 2204
Size:  65.8 KB

McLaren jumped up one place in the constructors standings.
Thanks to the mega in lap from ALO.

Formula 1 : 2016 Monaco Grand Prix-constr.png

Now the championship battle looks interesting.

Formula 1 : 2016 Monaco Grand Prix-drivers.png
Old 29th May 2016, 21:59   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

It was an interesting race. Poor RIC, he would have made it if not for the blunder by his team at pit-stop.

Superb show by Force India and McLaren.

Some nice overtakes by Verstappen in his short race.

Hope Redbull and Ferrari stay closer to Mercedes to make the races interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
My respect to Nico has grown further. He obeyed the team order, I don't think Lewis would have done the same in a similar situation.
He was mighty slow today and really didn't have any other option but to let Hamilton pass.
Old 29th May 2016, 22:19   #24
BHPian

I always had the opinion that Monaco GP should be removed from the calendar. It is a overly busy circuit, rarely a challenging race with few overtaking possibilities and high chances of crashing.

Today was fun though, it was a great decision to start the race under the safety car. Avoided a lot of unnecessary crashes and let the drivers understand the conditions.

Sauber had the worst day out today. Both drivers retiring is the last thing they would've wanted. To be fair, the team shouldn't have instructed Nasr to let his team mate pass.

And I really think the penalty for Kimi is ridiculous! What should Ferrari do, drive with a faulty gearbox?
Old 29th May 2016, 23:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
He was mighty slow today and really didn't have any other option but to let Hamilton pass.
Hamilton moving over in a similar situation, I don't think, he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
I always had the opinion that Monaco GP should be removed from the calendar. It is a overly busy circuit, rarely a challenging race with few overtaking possibilities and high chances of crashing.

Sauber had the worst day out today. Both drivers retiring is the last thing they would've wanted. To be fair, the team shouldn't have instructed Nasr to let his team mate pass.

And I really think the penalty for Kimi is ridiculous! What should Ferrari do, drive with a faulty gearbox?

Hmm.

Monaco is the most toughest race of the calendar year, and the one of the few races where the driver can find more time than the car is capable off. Yes, there will be less overtaking but don't you think its challenging to see them almost kiss the barriers, like the one at exit of swimming pool.

Like Martin Brundle says, if you want to finish first, you have to first finish. It is so easy to make mistakes here and end up in the barrier. Especially in tricky situation like today.

I believe you didn't watch the race today. Nasr did receive instruction over radio to move over and let Ericsson by, he didn't budge.

Are you talking about the 5 place grid penalty that Kimi received for changing the gearbox? Isn't that in the rule book, for an unscheduled gearbox change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
What a shame.. ANY tires would have been fine.. softs, super softs, even the Ultras.. just needed to get him back out.
Easy to say with hindsight, don't you think?

Last edited by ecenandu : 30th May 2016 at 00:20.
Old 30th May 2016, 00:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Gutted for Ricciardo.

What a shame.. ANY tires would have been fine.. softs, super softs, even the Ultras.. just needed to get him back out.

Entry for the biggest screw up in F1 history..
Old 30th May 2016, 00:33   #27
BHPian

Interesting race for sure, and really disappointed for Ricciardo, he deserved the victory.

It was really strange to see Rosberg so off the pace, almost a lap behind Lewis at the end.

Sad race for a Ferrari fan like me, Kimi crashed and Sebastian was just not fast enough to move past Perez, who drove really well to be honest.

Channel 4 also is Lewis Hamilton oriented. A big let down for someone like me who really does not like him. I was so hopeful when I found it it won't be Sky Sports coverage, but Ben Edwards sounds every bit as annoying(personal opinion) as David Croft & Ted Kravitz.

Hope Verstappen jumps to Ferrari next season :P
Old 30th May 2016, 07:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Are you talking about the 5 place grid penalty that Kimi received for changing the gearbox? Isn't that in the rule book, for an unscheduled gearbox change.
Gear boxes were replaced on Nico's, Alonso's and Kimi's cars.

Formula 1 : 2016 Monaco Grand Prix-kimi-gear-box.png
Name:  gear box.png
Views: 2019
Size:  64.9 KB

Only Kimi was penalized as it was during this weekend's events.
The others did not finish the race last time around.

Here's the Atricle 23.6 for your ref.

Quote:
23.6 For the purposes of this Article only, an Event will be deemed to comprise P3, the qualifying practice session and the race.
a) Each driver may use no more than one gearbox for six consecutive Events in which his team competes. Should a driver use a replacement gearbox he will drop five places on the starting grid at that Event and an additional five places each time a further gearbox is used.
Any replacement gearbox will only be required to complete the remainder of the Event in question.
Unless the driver fails to finish the race (or is unable to start the race for reasons other than a penalty imposed by the stewards) the gearbox fitted to the car at the end of the Event must remain in it for the remainder of the six race sequence.
Any driver who failed to finish the race at the first, second, third, fourth or fifth of the six Events for reasons which the technical delegate accepts as being beyond the control of the team or driver, may start the following Event with a different gearbox without a penalty being incurred.
A gearbox will be deemed to have been used once the car’s timing transponder has shown that it has left the pit lane.
b) If a driver is replaced after the first, second, third, fourth or fifth Event of a six Event period, having finished the first, second, third, fourth and fifth Events, the replacement driver must use the gearbox which the original driver had been using.
c) After consultation with the relevant team the FIA will attach seals to each gearbox prior to it being used for the first time at an Event in order to ensure that no significant moving parts can be rebuilt or replaced.
d) Change gears and dog rings (excluding final drives or reduction gears) may be changed under supervision for others of identical specification at any time during an Event provided the FIA technical delegate is satisfied there is evident physical damage to the parts in question and that such changes are not being carried out on a systematic basis.
e) Other than under d) above, a replacement gearbox will also be deemed to have been used if any of the FIA seals are damaged or removed from the original gearbox after it has been used for the first time.
jfxavier is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 07:17   #29
BANNED

Excellent event. It restored my faith in the Formula One circus.

However, the silly loss of so much time in Ricciardo's pit stop is in excusable. Do the jokers not realise that overtaking in Monaco is almost a non-non. Also, hats off to (the shunt) Hamilton for sticking with the Wets for that long.
Old 30th May 2016, 09:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

The shunt shunted everyone off for the 44th win!
That in lap, it just never seemed to come. Now. no now, no, now? Rosberg just didn't have the will to live, it seemed.
But I HAVE to address the elephant in the room. Lewis DID lose face a bit at the end of the race. It was shameful. No, Shameful, with a capital S. He had the opportunity to. He was in close in quarters. He could easily have tapped the lemons hard. Instead, he celebrated with Justin bieber!!
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks