Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2016, 10:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
In case Nico's deal doesn't get finalised, would we get to see Alonso in the Merc ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Yes. If Alonso fans has their way! But I dont see how that would work out for 2017. It is within the realms of possibility for 2018. But unlikely.

Nico will ultimately take the deal.

I think Toto just likes using Alonso as a bargaining tool.
If Alonso moves to Merc, then it will be bigger fireworks at Merc given the history of Alonso and Hammy. Would be fun.
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fernando is getting past his prime and there are no seats at the top teams. He is in the worst place a double champion of his talent could be. One bad decision after another have ruined his career.
But one has to learn financial planning from him. He is by far the HIGHEST paid driver over last few years and is 2nd or 3rd in overall Formula 1 history behind only to the great Michael Schumacher.

Some figures available on the internet for salaries this year:
Alonso: 40mn
Hamilton: 25-30mn
Rosberg, Vettel: 15mn

Although he has made pathetic team switching decisions, at least he has managed to keep himself a multi-millionaire! Not a bad way to make a mistake I say.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:35   #18
E63
BANNED

Where do you guys see NR6 if he wins this year's title?
Old 22nd June 2016, 22:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
But one has to learn financial planning from him. He is by far the HIGHEST paid driver over last few years and is 2nd or 3rd in overall Formula 1 history behind only to the great Michael Schumacher.

Some figures available on the internet for salaries this year:
Alonso: 40mn
Hamilton: 25-30mn
Rosberg, Vettel: 15mn

Although he has made pathetic team switching decisions, at least he has managed to keep himself a multi-millionaire! Not a bad way to make a mistake I say.
Yes indeed, even at Ferrari he was the highest paid.
Vettel is around 25m, with his first year salary including a 'signing bonus' coming to 40m odd.

But the champions do think differently, money becomes secondary in the pursuit of winning. Shame the calls he made didnt work out, he has made his peace with it.

But i think this time, although McLaren would not have made him a better driver, it has made him a better human being. Finishing close to last when he's in the form of his life would have been a huge shock last year.

Will be a real shame if he ends his career without another WDC. I think the sport will be lesser for it too.
Hatari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 11:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

While it makes sense for Nico to continue with the Mercs, the lure of Ferrari will definitely put doubts in his mind. This would also include a higher pay package if he moves there. If that happens, Toto would definitely try for Alonso if Ron Dennis cooperates.

Another likely situation is Ricciardo coming to Ferrari. I have read many stories that Ferrari are quite keen on getting him in. According to me, this was also a reason to get Max into RBR as they probably don't feel they can hold on to Ricciardo if the team don't succeed this year.

Maldonado to Sauber? He will bring in money which the team desperately needs. I also foresee one of the Renault drivers being told to leave. They need an experienced and mature head to atleast give them the single digit points whenever it is possible.

Will be quite unfair if Williams drops Massa. He has consistently brought in the points in every race this year. All the noise on Bottas seems to have died down after Max stepped into the scene.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
While it makes sense for Nico to continue with the Mercs, the lure of Ferrari will definitely put doubts in his mind. This would also include a higher pay package if he moves there. If that happens, Toto would definitely try for Alonso if Ron Dennis cooperates.
Only thing.. Ron never cooperates!
Old 25th June 2016, 12:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Another likely situation is Ricciardo coming to Ferrari. I have read many stories that Ferrari are quite keen on getting him in. According to me, this was also a reason to get Max into RBR as they probably don't feel they can hold on to Ricciardo if the team don't succeed this year.
Ricciardo has already extended his contract with RedBull for the next 2 years. So, he's not going anywhere else till the end of 2018.

Renault might kick out Jolyon Palmer. He hasn't been impressive at all. RedBull have been asking Renault to give a seat to Sebastien Buemi next year!

McLaren have decided to hold off announcing the 2017 driver line up till September. By that time most of the teams would've finalized their driver line up. There's a fat chance of Button moving to Williams if they don't retain Massa.
Old 12th July 2016, 14:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

With Ferrari and Force India confirming their 2017 line ups, Williams look like they are key to the silly season. Sainz confirmed for Toro Rosso as well.
Old 19th July 2016, 14:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Uncertainty at Ferrari..
http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/07/19/a...rari-f1-split/
Old 19th July 2016, 18:30   #25
BHPian

Looks like semi-retired Ross Brawn has been identified as the man to assist Ferrari with yet another staff overhaul, as they look to address a disappointing season with yet more change.

Marchionne continued his series of meetings with team members through the week to evaluate the team structure, and where potential changes could be made. Ross Brawn’s services may be targeted to help out on a consultancy basis, providing the necessary guidance to salvage this season. It has been thought that an approach for Ross’ services has already been rebuffed by him. He has stayed away from the Formula One arena completely since leaving Mercedes.

Speaking recently to Martin Brundle in an interview for Sky, Brawn said that he was reluctant to return.

Quote:
“My nature when I was involved was 24/7 and I’m not sure I want a 24/7 any more,” he told the broadcaster.

“Never say never about any of those sort of things, but I’m quite content doing what I’m doing and nothing has come along that I would be motivated and interested in.”
A fresh approach by Ferrari with a bigger cheque book may be around the corner
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 02:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
Looks like semi-retired Ross Brawn has been identified as the man to assist Ferrari with yet another staff overhaul, as they look to address a disappointing season with yet more change.

Much much needed for Ferrari. About time they got the right British Brawn!
Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017-imageuploadedbyteambhp1468961875.819261.jpg

Last edited by shyn : 20th July 2016 at 02:50.
Old 20th July 2016, 10:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

This looks like the typical exaggeration from the Italian Press. Anytime the performance dips they talk about dropping the Technical Director and suddenly Ross Brawn is back in the picture. I seriously doubt RB is looking to come back in any form to Ferrari.

The Italian press just refuses to let go of the fact that the Ferrari dream team could and probably will never happen again.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 10:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Much much needed for Ferrari. About time they got the right British Brawn!
Ferrari have tried many times to get him back (each time with a bigger cheque book). I wonder what it is thats stopping him.

Maybe its the approach from the top, ex Ferrari boss Montezemolo hated aerodynamics and would not invest it wind tunnel tech etc. People like Adrian Newey/Paddy Lowe would enjoy more of a free hand at their current jobs than their earlier organisation im sure.

Maybe Brawn knows the problem runs deeper, the heart (and brain) of F1 is in motosport valley England, where all the personnel/teams/suppliers are based. Very few would want to move to Italy, Allison himself commutes between Marcham (which is 45 mins from Renault's Enstone) to Maranello.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 11:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

There is also a rumour about Allison moving back to Renault so that he can be with his Children more often.
Old 20th July 2016, 12:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Regardless of Brawn return, the way this season is heading for Ferrari. Bloodletting is around the corner

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks