Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 13:14   #91
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Hamilton has taken ill, suddenly, for the current Pirelli tests!

More cracks in the Mercedes relationship?
In fact Hamilton stayed back to do the testing, though initially Pascal Wehrlein was named as the scheduled test driver.
Old 30th November 2016, 13:28   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Hamilton has taken ill, suddenly, for the current Pirelli tests!

More cracks in the Mercedes relationship?
LINK:
Lewis Hamilton drove the wider rubber for the first time in the Mercedes on Tuesday morning, but after feeling unwell midway through the day he handed the car over to Manor driver Pascal Wehrlein. Kimi Raikkonen tested for Ferrari while Red Bull fielded race drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen.
Old 30th November 2016, 14:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
LINK:
Lewis Hamilton drove the wider rubber for the first time in the Mercedes on Tuesday morning, but after feeling unwell midway
Doesnt it seem odd to you? Thats a tantrum mate.
Old 30th November 2016, 15:07   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Doesnt it seem odd to you? Thats a tantrum mate.
I feel it's just a hangover! Apparently he's been partying like mad since Sunday.

LINK
Old 30th November 2016, 15:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I feel it's just a hangover! Apparently he's been partying like mad since Sunday.

LINK
Haha.. but then they would not have allowed him into the car to begin with!
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:26   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Rosberg announces retirement from Formula 1

On the day he is set to collect the trophy for winning his first drivers’ world championship, Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg has made what is probably the most shocking announcement of 2016 in Formula 1.

The implications of this announcement also mean that the driver's seat alongside Lewis Hamilton opens up, in one of the most coveted teams at present on the grid.

Quote:
"Since 25 years in racing, it has been my dream, my ‘one thing’ to become Formula One World Champion. Through the hard work, the pain, the sacrifices, this has been my target.And now I’ve made it. I have climbed my mountain, I am on the peak, so this feels right. My strongest emotion right now is deep gratitude to everybody who supported me to make that dream happen.

"This season, I tell you, it was so damn tough. I pushed like crazy in every area after the disappointments of the last two years; they fuelled my motivation to levels I had never experienced before. And of course that had an impact on the ones I love, too – it was a whole family effort of sacrifice, putting everything behind our target. I cannot find enough words to thank my wife Vivian; she has been incredible. She understood that this year was the big one, our opportunity to do it, and created the space for me to get full recovery between every race, looking after our daughter each night, taking over when things got tough and putting our championship first.

"When I won the race in Suzuka, from the moment when the destiny of the title was in my own hands, the big pressure started and I began to think about ending my racing career if I became world champion. On Sunday morning in Abu Dhabi, I knew that it could be my last race and that feeling cleared my head before the start. I wanted to enjoy every part of the experience, knowing it might be the last time… and then the lights went out and I had the most intense 55 laps of my life. I took my decision on Monday evening. After reflecting for a day, the first people I told were Vivian and Georg (Nolte, from Nico’s management team), followed by Toto.

"The only thing that makes this decision in any way difficult for me is because I am putting my racing family into a tough situation. But Toto understood. He knew straight away that I was completely convinced and that reassured me. My proudest achievement in racing will always be to have won the world championship with this incredible team of people,the Silver Arrows.

"Now, I’m just here to enjoy the moment. There is time to savour the next weeks, to reflect on the season and to enjoy every experience that comes my way. After that, I will turn the next corner in my life and see what it has in store for me."
Source: http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/he...f1-racing.html

Last edited by arunphilip : 2nd December 2016 at 19:31.
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 21:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Rosberg announces retirement from Formula 1

The implications of this announcement also mean that the driver's seat alongside Lewis Hamilton opens up, in one of the most coveted teams at present on the grid.
Really a gutsy and bold decision by Roseberg.

Now at least couple of former world champions might be going through their current contract clauses.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 23:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

I think we could see Valtteri Bottas to Merc, given his connection with Toto. Given the new regulation for 2017, they might go for an experienced driver.

What an eventful year, 2016. Expect the unexpected. Wow.

Having said that, don't discount anything, yet.

Formula 1 - Silly Season, 2017-screen-shot-20161202-7.23.16-pm.png
ecenandu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 00:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

Oh man.. this season is getting so much better towards the end! Shocker of a decision..

What an interesting few weeks/months coming up to see who Mercedes 'chooses'.

Toto definitely has Max on his radar, long term. Next year, one would have to give the best chance to young Wehrlein, because getting Vettel/Alonso out of contract will be massively expensive.

Perez and Bottas will be on the radar too.

Exciting times ahead...

Last edited by Hatari : 3rd December 2016 at 00:26.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:21   #100
BHPian

Both Fernando and Jenson will be at the Honda Thanks Day this Sunday.

http://www.honda.co.jp/enjoyhonda/hrtd/2016/

I have a feeling that the most awaited questions to both of them would be about the vacant Mercedes seat.

Honda has been very matured about how they are handling the situation they are in currently.
It will be interesting to see Alonso's response to those questions.

Hopefully these events will inspire Honda to go on and do even better in the future.
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 01:23   #101
BHPian

I just really feel and hope Alonso gets the vacant Mercedes seat, although the mind thinks its going to be Bottas.
Sometimes the desperation for wins is obvious on Alonso's face, trying time for him to see the other guys just take wins after wins. I had read awhile back how alonso has a exit clause in his contract on the basis of Mclaren-Honda performance, wonder if he would exercise it for the seat @mercedes.
Old 9th December 2016, 06:04   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
Both Fernando and Jenson will be at the Honda Thanks Day this Sunday.

http://www.honda.co.jp/enjoyhonda/hrtd/2016/

I have a feeling that the most awaited questions to both of them would be about the vacant Mercedes seat.

Honda has been very matured about how they are handling the situation they are in currently.
It will be interesting to see Alonso's response to those questions.

Hopefully these events will inspire Honda to go on and do even better in the future.
Mercedes is making no bones about the fact that Alonso is the guy they would rather have and rightly so because they really need a driver who would stand up and take the game to Hamilton. Putting an inexperienced rookie in that position is not really going to help either in the development of the car or the winning championships.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 9th December 2016, 13:00   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear5611 View Post
I just really feel and hope Alonso gets the vacant Mercedes seat, although the mind thinks its going to be Bottas.
Sometimes the desperation for wins is obvious on Alonso's face, trying time for him to see the other guys just take wins after wins. I had read awhile back how alonso has a exit clause in his contract on the basis of Mclaren-Honda performance, wonder if he would exercise it for the seat @mercedes.
Bottas is pivotal at Williams, especially with Stroll coming in with the millions.
They need an experienced driver. I doubt they will let him go

This is the first ive heard of Alonso's performance clause. Pl post the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Mercedes is making no bones about the fact that Alonso is the guy they would rather have and rightly so because they really need a driver who would stand up and take the game to Hamilton. Putting an inexperienced rookie in that position is not really going to help either in the development of the car or the winning championships.
I think what they mean, is that they have not ruled Alonso out. I doubt he is in serious contention. There is a big strategy group meeting coming up in 18 months, Mercedes will not want to annoy McLaren or any other big team.

They have Hamilton to develop the car, constructors will be the big one next year with Red Bull definitely being closer.

My money remains on Wehrlein, hes been pounding laps on 2017 test rubber which will help. If he doesnt do well, they have Perez, Bottas & Sainz available for 2018.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 09:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Paddy Lowe is moving to Williams and Mercedes is to replace him with James Allison.

Great for Williams and Mercedes has also moved fast and how!

Source
Old 11th December 2016, 15:13   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Looks like Paddy Lowe is moving to Williams and Mercedes is to replace him with James Allison.

Great for Williams and Mercedes has also moved fast and how!

Source
Just when you thought the silly season couldnt get sillier!
Will the team be called Williams-Lowe next year?

This cant be true..

Most Viewed