Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2006, 16:02   #16
BANNED

This is sad. Didn't expect Alonso to drop to this level. He should quit crying and save his dignity while he still has some left.
Old 4th October 2006, 16:12   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, even if I had to make these kind of statements....I would release them after the season finale.

How much support can Alonso expect from his team and team-mate after blasting them in public?
Old 4th October 2006, 16:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

Alonso easily cracks under pressure, this incdent also proves that. There was no point in blaming his team for this. He is a very good driver but he is not mature enough.
Old 4th October 2006, 16:16   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guess WHO attended Schumachers China celebration party?

Quote:
The party was reportedly also attended by 2007 Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen, Schumacher's current team-mate Felipe Massa, Renault rival Giancarlo Fisichella and personal press officer Sabine Kehm.
And what the Renault spokesperson had to say:

Quote:
the spokesman protested: "I don't know what (Alonso) means."

"I simply put it down to the frustration of having seen a nice win slipping away from him in Shanghai,
Old 4th October 2006, 16:27   #20
rks
BANNED

I must say I sympathize with Alonso. No doubt he is young and a bit immature, but it seems to me that the dice are loaded against him -- everybody wants Schumacher to win. And he has a right to make his apprehensions public -- I, for one, find it odd that Renault could bungle his tyres and the pit stop in succession. And his Renault colleague Fisichella's behaviour is suspicious, to say the least -- see GTO's latest post.
Old 4th October 2006, 16:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Renault did make mistakes in this race like the decision on tyres and the pit fumble-up.
But blaming the team entirely for the loss is pointless. He's just showing an attitude of "ME" and "THEM", instead of "WE".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Guess WHO attended Schumachers China celebration party?
Not making any conclusions, but Fisichella has always looked forward to drive for Ferrari. Its his dream.

Last edited by Gordon : 4th October 2006 at 16:37.
Old 4th October 2006, 16:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
And his Renault colleague Fisichella's behaviour is suspicious, to say the least -- see GTO's latest post.
So the next time if Jason Gillespie comes to a party thrown by Sachin, will it mean that in the Indo-Aus match, gilli will be bowling lolly pops to sachin????
(P.S.- To be taken in good humour!!!!)
Old 4th October 2006, 16:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
I, for one, find it odd that Renault could bungle his tyres and the pit stop in succession. And his Renault colleague Fisichella's behaviour is suspicious, to say the least -- see GTO's latest post.
Your post gets me also thinking, and to add to that after when Fisi came out of the pits he ran very wide completly missing the apex and leaving so much place so that Schumi could pass him without any difficulty!
Just kidding
Old 4th October 2006, 16:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

this is one of the reasons alonso isnt my fav driver..
he complains and accuses the team of rather stupid things when things arent going his way..

there is no chance that renault, after having invested so much into winning both championships, can turn its back on the WDC.. which by the way is the more memorable one as compared to the constructors..

flavio has himself said that no one remembers the constructors winner.. they do remember the WDC tho..
Old 4th October 2006, 16:53   #25
BANNED

Hey, It seems that Alonso has finally out done himself or like rtech said , maybe his comments have been taklen in a different context and he probably didnt say it the way the media made it out to be ... and we all know that the Media is capable of dropping to any level just to sell ....

We can sit here and use up as much bandwidth as we like ... but at teh end of the day we will never know what exactly happens behind the closed doors of F1 just liek we dont know what happens behind the scenes in the Indian political scene . We look at what we wanna see ...

But if its true ... hes just bitten more than he cud chew and he will lose respect the world over , or maybe he shud take PR classes of when & how to say things . All the more for me to start cheering for Kubi -- !!!

Cheers
Old 4th October 2006, 16:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

I think its just the media blowing this news out of proportion as always.
Check out this good article about the same- http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=29559
Old 4th October 2006, 18:55   #27
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
We can sit here and use up as much bandwidth as we like ... but at teh end of the day we will never know what exactly happens behind the closed doors of F1 just liek we dont know what happens behind the scenes in the Indian political scene . We look at what we wanna see ...
I am a sceptic by nature, especially when big bucks and bookmakers are involved. For this reason I do not completely trust the F1 setup or for that matter the cricket administration and players, including the ICC, or as you say, our politics. I will forever be suspicious of fixed results with involvement at the highest level -- with a few million dollars, anybody can be bought, and the overall objective of "fixing" would be to keep drawing the gullible public to the races/matches.

Just consider the recent Daryl Hair affair -- it seemed to me that his demand for $500000 from the ICC was an attempt at blackmail, and the thoughts that occured to me were: What does Hair know that might embarass the ICC? Why is he still an ICC official, why isn't he fired?

Of course, not much use in airing suspicions, as you say -- we will probably never know the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
But if its true ... hes just bitten more than he cud chew and he will lose respect the world over , or maybe he shud take PR classes of when & how to say things . All the more for me to start cheering for Kubi -- !!!
Alonso may be a loud-mouth, but he should be judged by his actions and not by his words. And the same goes for others -- for a team of pros like Renault, it is definitely surprising for two amateurish mistakes to happen consecutively. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not - but definitely serious bungling that should not happen at the F1 level in a crucial race. Maybe Alonso should not have openly voiced his suspicions against his colleague, but what do we know about what is going on between them, or what the truth is?

Last edited by rks : 4th October 2006 at 19:10.
Old 4th October 2006, 19:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

So Alonso thinks he's been Shanghaied!!! Not his team, though:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=131705
Renault defends Alonso tyre call

02 October 2006
Renault engineering chief Pat Symonds has defended the decision to change Fernando Alonso's intermediate front tyres during his pit stop despite the fact it ended up costing him over 25 seconds in the next 13 laps. He did however admit that it was the wrong call to make.

"We were massively frustrated because we let ourselves down," Symonds admitted. "As always with these things, it was a team decision. Fernando radioed in to say that the front left tyre was very badly worn. He makes good judgement calls, and we are very confident in the information he gives us."

"On the pit-wall, we knew that changing to new tyres would carry a performance penalty as he went through a phase of graining and the tyres scrubbed in, but we did not expect it to be anything like as bad as it proved," he added. "We simply got it wrong."
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

Unfortunately there is no such term as Suzukaed, so maybe he'll commit HaraKiri in Japan.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th October 2006 at 19:04.
Old 4th October 2006, 19:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

At this rate, I predict Alonso will be getting into a fiist fight with Ron Dennis by the middle of next year.

The McLaren he is going to drive isint even half as reliable as his current steed.
Old 4th October 2006, 19:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
At this rate, I predict Alonso will be getting into a fiist fight with Ron Dennis by the middle of next year.

The McLaren he is going to drive isint even half as reliable as his current steed.
Now that would be fun to watch!! I would pay to watch Ron & Alonso fight it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Unfortunately there is no such term as Suzukaed, so maybe he'll commit HaraKiri in Japan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks