Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2006, 02:29   #1
BHPian

Rossi in WRC..

I dunno about Rossi in F1.. but he is back behind the wheel in a WRC car..

he earlier entered in 2002 in Rally GB in a Peugeot 205..
he is now entering Rally New Zealand in a Subaru Imprezza, the same car Atkinson drove in Germany.. he is entering as a privateer though, not a part of the SWRT team..

well his first time a WRC car didnt end so well.. would really like to see what he can do in NZ.. should be great..

http://www.wrc.com/page/News/Breakin...910179,00.html
Old 13th October 2006, 08:37   #2
BHPian

Mama Mia! Thats great news as I might be going to NZ to watch the NZ WRC. It will be good to see Vale rallying in my favourite WRC team, Subaru. Hopefully everything goes per my plan, so I able to go see the WRC.

The link that papps needs us to be a member which most of us are. For those who aren't and have not the patience to sign-up now, have a read here:
http://www.eurosport.com/rally/new-z...to983145.shtml
Old 13th October 2006, 10:11   #3
BANNED

Hey, Well that surely si interesting news ..wud be gud to see how the 2 wheel champ on tarmac does in 4 wheels and that too on dirt .. INTERESTING !!

Personally, I don't think he will be anywhere near the front runners .... !!

Cheers
Old 13th October 2006, 12:37   #4
BHPian

Rossi had tested a WRCar something like 2 years ago, and had stated that he preferred WRC to F1, since there is no predictability as far as driving styles are concerned in the former.

and waiting for November 10th...
Old 14th October 2006, 00:38   #5
BHPian

he has also entered a WRC event like i mentioned earlier.. Rally GB in 2002.. where he retired on the 1st day.. well i dont expect him to be anywhere near the front runners.. just wonderin if he will last 3 days without superally or not..
how of u guys think he can finish.. an he aint gonna be part of the subaru team.. just using a subaru.. he is entering as a privateer..
Old 19th October 2006, 00:08   #6
BHPian

well rossi is a multitalented guy...rally newzeland is a very fast rally with the slowest corner is taken around 95-100kph speeds can reach upto 200-215kph as khaddu said he wont even be near to the front runners espically when marcus is in good form and the car he is driving
Old 19th October 2006, 00:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papps
he has also entered a WRC event like i mentioned earlier.. Rally GB in 2002.. where he retired on the 1st day.. well i dont expect him to be anywhere near the front runners.. just wonderin if he will last 3 days without superally or not..
how of u guys think he can finish.. an he aint gonna be part of the subaru team.. just using a subaru.. he is entering as a privateer..
may be he can finish tha rallye can its a fast flowing event but absolut concentration is required follow tha pace notes properly and if it rains tyre choice is crucial...as the best phrase in the WRC does "we will see"

Most Viewed