Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2016, 18:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nico Rosberg retires from F1

From a family and stress related point of view, a good decision. F1 is too much of a pressure cooker, consumes you for 11 months in a year. With a young family, I respect his decision.

Life is not over, there are many fun things he can do - LeMans, DTM touring car etc.
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 17:57   #32
BHPian

It is a good decision, though it does help Hamilton escape away from any action from Mercedes who cannot afford to lose both drivers. That said, with the new regulations, Nico might have struggled in the Mercedes against the likes of Vet/Ves/Alo, and there was not much sense in bearing down the pressure of a defending champion.

I think he ended the race very gracefully despite Hamilton's tactics : he could have easily crashed into him way early into the race (like the previous greats have done), but he chose to be a gentleman ! A perfect example of a grinder making it through !
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 16:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

http://www.highoctanenews.com/merced...-nico-rosberg/

Quote:
And although McLaren has expressed its confidence that Alonso will be staying in 2017 and is under contract, Wolff said on Tuesday that the two-time world champion had not been ruled out by his team.
Quote:
One thing Wolff is clear about, however, is that the team is searching for someone to slot in and race Hamilton wheel-to-wheel, rather than Mercedes finding a number two so it can throw all its weight behind Hamilton.
Interesting days ahead? Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes with equally competent drivers ..wish all have more or less equally performing machines -
Old 8th December 2016, 02:00   #34

I was always a fan of the two Germans, Schumi and Nico since a very long time. Nico was always like a spring pin who was held back and got his big break in Mercedes, however, being next to Schumacher, he did have to wait for his chance and boy, when he got his chance, he did grab it with his arms wide open.

The decision does come as a surprise to all his fans out there since this was a well fought season where his handwork and dedication ensured that luck was by his side. Despite having given glimpses of his talent now and then, more so in the season before the last, he truly came up this season. His sporty rivalry with Hamilton back from the F3 days carried into this season and as they say, rest is history. F1 got a new Champion in 2016.

But with the season heating up and more and more competition coming up from Verstappen, a sleeping lion in Alonso and his very own former team mate Hamilton, the next season would have been a thriller and it would have been a great please for all Nico fans to see him defend his title but respecting his decision to call it a day, i would believe that all his fans and for that matter, his well wishers would wish him good luck in whatever he choses to do next.

P.S On the flip side, i still pray for the day when Schumi hits the race track, even if its for one raceday and does a Niki Lauda.
gopal.nishant89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 10:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes releases magazine advert for vacancy of an F1 driver

Name:  1481135454screenshot20161207at13556pm.png
Views: 724
Size:  336.8 KB
dZired is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 16:29   #36
Team-BHP Support

I was watching a brief documentary on him on life after retirement on the BBC . He has had another daughter (he has been busy!) but has been spending a lot of time understanding new technologies.

He was always clear that he wanted to retire after winning the F1 Championship to focus on his family

His future ambition will be to manage a team and mentor new drivers
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 13:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nico Rosberg is helping Robert Kubica get into F1. Massa has confirmed his retirement so I think chances of a Kubica return is quite possible. The other candidate is Paul Di Resta and we all know how good we was in his prime.

With Nico's Mercedes connections, the aim is probably to get Kubica into Mercedes sometime in the future. Williams and Mercedes are quite well connected as well so there's a strong link between the two.

I however strongly feel that Nico retired because his deuce with Hamilton was quite a strain mentally. He went away from the sport with the upper hand but it wasn't a fair duel, with Hamilton not getting another chance to retaliate to Nico's title triumph.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks