Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 14:47   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
We may just have witnessed the greatest race of all time.
Just check Turkish GP 2006 250cc race, especially the last lap. Dovi was in it as well. 😃
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 10:20   #167
BHPian

Re: The 2017 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
We may just have witnessed the greatest race of all time.
Stunning race from both Dovi and MM.

Reminded of a poker race happening at 300 kmph . Was thinking that Dovi showed his hand a little too early with 6 laps to go but apparently his rear tire was going to be shot and the only way to keep MM in check was to overtake him (as per him). He bluffed, did the overtake and used what was left of his tire to put pressure on Marquez. MM then had to use more of his tire trying to catch back up with that doubt in the back of his mind that Dovi still had a little more pace left! He was on the limit and the small mistake (forced error) he made actually cost him the win.

Heli view of the last lap.
https://streamable.com/ye9aj

Great ride by Petrucci as well though with his tire choice he was going to fade way in the final laps. Stunning ride by Iannone and Rins.

See saw ride by Lorenzo. He is the hole-shot man of motogp these days. Then fading to 9th and recovering back to 6th. Michelin didnt help his cause either by demanding all riders use the medium or harder in case the race dried up. The soft front should have lasted the distance and probably it would have made the race pretty interesting. The Michelin Quality control seems to be a hit and miss with Petrucci on the extra soft rear ending up on the podium and Dani retiring with serious tire problems towards the end of the race.
Old 16th October 2017, 19:48   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
Just check Turkish GP 2006 250cc race, especially the last lap. Dovi was in it as well. ��
I agree there are many, the reason I say this is because of the importance of it. Both riders going arse over tit to win the greatest crown a motorcycle rider can dream of in such extreme weather conditions. I can’t say I have seen anything better. Atleast not this level of riding skill with so much on the line. Who would’ve thought Marquez slayer was here all the time with us who could do it clean (without kicking of course). That said Marquez is a freak. A genius. That level of bike control, has anyone seen before? Can’t imagine Motogp without him.. What a time to be alive. Golden era.
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:44   #169
Senior - BHPian

Marquez wins Phillip Island. Leads the championship by 32 points. What a race it was, for most of of the part top 8 were stacked up. Numerous occasions of passing. Change of hands for P1 between Miller, Rossi, Marco,Vinales and Marquez. Almost a repeat of 2015, but the fight for P2 between Rossi and Zarco helped Marquez take a relatively easy win in the last few laps.
Dovi starting 11th, finished a dismal 13th, pipped by Redding and Pedrosa on the finish line.
With two rounds to go, Marquez could wrap it up in Sprang.
Old 24th October 2017, 12:12   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Marquez wins Phillip Island. Leads the championship by 32 points. What a race it was, for most of of the part top 8 were stacked up. Numerous occasions of passing. Change of hands for P1 between Miller, Rossi, Marco,Vinales and Marquez. Almost a repeat of 2015, but the fight for P2 between Rossi and Zarco helped Marquez take a relatively easy win in the last few laps.
Dovi starting 11th, finished a dismal 13th, pipped by Redding and Pedrosa on the finish line.
With two rounds to go, Marquez could wrap it up in Sprang.
This was one of the best races of the season. Top 8 riders fighting for the podium felt like a replica of Moto3. Nail biting scenes till the last corner; where Vinyalez took Zarco to clinch the third spot.

But as the Doctor stated in the post race press conference - "This is how the races are. If you want you can compete else just stay at home".

Marquez with one hand on the trophy, only now he himself can mess it up with a few rounds to go.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 9th November 2017, 19:32   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Unrelated to the season, but are things so far ahead already?
https://motoridersuniverse.com/video/11432493
Old 10th November 2017, 12:47   #172
BHPian

2018 MotoGP provisional entry list has been announced.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 MotoGP Thread-10112017-124146.jpg  

Makin Rulesz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 21:35   #173
BHPian

Take a bow Dovi, You truly tried till the last moment.

And What a rider Marquez is proving to be; with that save at turn1!
Congratulations on a well deserved Championship.

I cant wait to see Zarco on a factory team!

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 12th November 2017 at 21:36.
Old 13th November 2017, 02:57   #174
BHPian

Congratulations to Marc Marquez! 6th time winner.

Marquez could not be denied a 6th even by Michelintino tires. That save was epic under the weight of expectations. Sad to see Dovi bin it. He simply didnt have the pace. But what a champion of a guy in conduct.

Pedrosa as usual, when he wins something, a bigger event happens.
Johann Zarco schooled the factory Yamahas on the same 2016 chassis for the race.
Fantastic ride by Alex Rins to finish fourth.
Old 13th November 2017, 12:25   #175
BHPian

Marc Marquez is Marc Marquez. Well and truly deserves the title. That save epitomises his season. On the edge, rolling the dice, dealing with the outcomes.

Alien - out of this world.

Marc Marquez - out of this dimension.

Andrea Dovizioso

He had a second rate ride, but took his luck and capitalised when he could.

Lorenzo. My immediate thoughts, he's a racer and that's what he's paid to do. He's gone up in my estimation. Obeying orders were not achieving anything at that moment. Dovi never had the pace all weekend.

The big what if? MM93 almost delivered it. Even if he didn't save it Dovi was never winning this race.

It did look like Dovi had a little something on Lorenzo early, but if he really did he should have passed him. Dovi looking like the Dovi of old.

Lorenzo doesn’t care what anybody thinks about him. Sure, would have been a nice gesture to let his teammate by but nice guys finish last. Dovi wasn’t going to win unless everybody crashes in front of him.

Dovi -
“At the beginning I wanted to overtake Jorge, but in some corners I was slower, at the end he created a good pace.
"It was good for me to follow him, I could stay with them, but we were over the limit the whole race. We both did a mistake."
"We have to be happy, happy about the championship."

Marquez ended up finishing third behind Dani Pedrosa and Zarco after a major scare at Turn 1 at the start of lap 24, almost crashing and running deep into the gravel trap.
Asked what went through his mind when he saw Marquez almost crash out ahead of him, Dovizioso replied: "We are not surprised about that! This is a standard thing for Marc.
"But I didn't have the speed to really attack the riders in front of me. When I saw I was like 'OK!' but I was completely finished.
"I tried even harder, when I saw that, but I already pushed 100 percent until that time."

Last edited by MonsterPatrol : 13th November 2017 at 12:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks