Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2017, 20:03   #61
BHPian

The 2017 MotoGP Thread

Superb race by Pedrosa. He soaked up pressure and psychological tactics of Marquez right from QP and went on to win in a convincing fashion. Awesome race by Lorenzo too. Relief in Ducati camp for this excellent podium at one of their weaker tracks. A day to forget for Yamaha. Rossi and Vinales are still 1-2 in championship but the top 4 are separated by 10 points. Maybe Pedrosa too can be a contender this year. Last but not the least..a big high five for Zarco. The way he overtook Rossi, Marquez etc in first few laps was just awesome. Someone please give him a factory ride!

Last edited by badri : 7th May 2017 at 20:05.
badri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 12:42   #62
BHPian

Re: The 2017 MotoGP Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Superb race by Pedrosa. Maybe Pedrosa too can be a contender this year.
How I wish that could be the case. But it's all about consistency and being in top 5-6 if not the podium in every race. Dani overshadows in couple of these races every year like he did last year in Misano and this year already in Spanish GP. Just hope he stays away from crashes and injuries for the remaining season to get him a real shot. But my money would be on MM93 or Maverick Vinales the way they're riding this season. The old gun VR46 has a good shot as well with the experience he brings in but I feel he sometimes just lacks the pace to pose a serious challenge unless the competition makes a mistake. Terrible race result for him yesterday and I hope no similar results for him in the remaining season.
camitesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 02:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Former MotoGP champion and current WSBK Honda rider Nicky Hayden was cycling yesterday in Italy when a car came speeding towards him and mowed him down. The impact was such that his bicycle was thrown off the road and Nicky landed on the hood of the car with his head banging onto the windshield and chest taking the brunt of the high speed impact.

Nicky was then transferred to the local Italian hospital where he was declared to be in serious condition and shifted to the ICU. Later in the afternoon the doctors decided to move him into surgery and after a quick surgery he is now back in the ICU in a medically induced coma to heal his injuries as per reports.
The force of the impact caused severe head and chest trauma and doctors hope he can recover soon. As of now his condition while still critical is said to be approaching stable.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39954489

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 18th May 2017 at 02:27.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 19:18   #64
BHPian

What a great qualifying today, so many people on pace and so many on the edge. Tomorrow is going to be an awesome race....
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 13:36   #65
BHPian

Yeah,

A clean sweep of qualifying for Yamaha. Son of the soil Zarco to revv the crowd from 3rd position on the grid. Expecting some fireworks from him.

The top 6 are within a second of each other and hence, should make for a cracker of a race.
Old 21st May 2017, 18:20   #66
Senior - BHPian

oh man! That was hard to take. Vale so close to a win after a long time and he crashes out just a few corners away!

Did cutting that corner gave any advantage to Vinales to close back in? Anyways, I really thought I was going to see the old man on the top step.
Old 21st May 2017, 19:05   #67
BHPian

What a race at Le mans, total mayhem in moto 3 and superb race by VR46, classic overtakings however sad to see rossi crashing in the final lap and getting relegated to 3rd place in points table.
Old 21st May 2017, 20:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

Devastated, especially after shouting my lungs out and clapping when Rossi finally took lead. I don't think Vinales got any advantage after cutting across the corner. To avoid penalty, he in fact let go of the throttle and lost time to Rossi.

A sad Rossi fan, but a fantastic show nevertheless
Old 21st May 2017, 20:20   #69
BHPian

What a nail biting finish! Too bad Rossi crashed out, else we could have seen some fireworks at the last turn. He wanted to win this race and dedicate it to Nicky Hayden. From the on board shots after the crash, we could see that he was gutted. Probably from the disappointment that he could not dedicate a win to Hayden or from the understanding that this could be a crucial moment for his 2017 championship aspirations.

Awesome performance by Vinales to soak up pressure from Rossi and set the fastest (race winning) lap on the last one. For a 22 year old, he's got a very cool head. Can't praise Zarco enough. If he continues this superb run, top teams could be lining to sign him up for 2019. Last but not the least, superb performance by Pedrosa to start from 13th and finish on podium. He is now second in championship. If he continues this consistent run, and others have one or two crashes along the way, we could see him in championship fray. If that happens, I will be rooting for him. Even though I support Yams, I sincerely believe that he deserves a motogp championship!

Last edited by badri : 21st May 2017 at 20:24.
badri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 21:26   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Gutted, absolutely!!
It was a typical Vale fight. Get in trouble, come back from it. But to crash so close to the finish...... Could this be the race to be rued at the end of year??
Old 26th May 2017, 06:40   #71
Senior - BHPian

MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi hospitalised with 'mild trauma'
Quote:
Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi is recovering in hospital after suffering "mild" chest and abdominal trauma in a motocross incident on Thursday.
Source
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 10:01   #72
BHPian

This month has really been bad for motor riders. First John Mcguiness, then the tragedy of Nicky Hayden and now this!

Get well soon champ, we need to see you scrapping paints at Mugello.
Old 3rd June 2017, 15:25   #73
BHPian

Vale has topped the charts in today mornings FP beating Marq and Jorge. Amazing stuff. Let's hope he's in the front row start for tomorrow's race

The big dilemma - Ind Pak match OR motogp? If Valentino is the hunt for victory, I am glued to Motogp for sure.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 19:17   #74
BHPian

Phenomenal come back for Rossi after his motocross accident last week! It will be one hell of a race tomorrow. Rossi, Vinales, Pedrosa, Dovi are all strong. My bet is on Rossi to win.
Old 4th June 2017, 19:02   #75
BHPian

Brilliant brilliant race by Dovi! He had to miss the warm up due to food poisoning and was not in the best of health. Early in the race he also had a terrifying wobble at end of the straight braking from 340kmh. He now moves to second in championship. I was expecting a Rossi vs Vinales fight and had almost written off Dovi. Brilliant race too by Petrucci. He missed out on the front row yesterday as he exceeded the track limits. Coming from 9th on grid and finishing on podium after passing riders like Rossi, Marquez, Lorenzo etc is a phenomenal achievement.He almost went for the win but realized that his tyres were shot and settled for a well deserved podium. Superb race by Vinales too. He's got a champion's head and did well to finish ahead of Rossi. His championship lead is more than a race win points now! Superb race by Rossi under adverse health conditions. However, after his brilliant performance on Saturday, I was expecting a win. A podium at least would have given their money's worth for the nearly 100000 fans who came to see him. He hasn't won in Mugello from 2008 and hasn't won a motogp race in 1 year. Last race he won was at Montmelo on 5th June 2016 and is the next one in the calendar this year. He will be hoping to repeat his success from last year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed