Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2006, 16:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid
Pretty sad state of affairs really. A man who could repeatedly do wonders even when sixth or seventh on the grid just made a mistake and lost it all. I must say I agree with Rtech that Hayden just did not ride or feel like a champ at all. I was actually looking forward to a fight between Rossi and Bayliss rather than Hayden doing anything at all. But in the end it just wasn't his day. Lets hope this ignites the hunger to prove a point in 2007.
very good point bro,
total 17 races, there was 3 DNF in rossi's bag ...really such a bad year.......in the end rossi, like true sportmen shaked hand with hayden..but hayden response was not good ( he reacted very slowly).....in press conferrence he ( hayden) stated that ".....good thing always happen to good people..." what he was trying to say and to whom he was pinpointing.....i guess he was saying to rossi.....hey! look rossi i have beaten u...i have won world championship....now ur domination era is over.....somewhat like that...but my beleif is " ROSSI IS GOD, AND GOD NEVER LOSES ANYTHING".......now era of 800cc bikes will be there and all bike mfg have to build there bike from sracth...now real test of performance will be evaluated...because honda Rc211v was made by honda but it's engine was furnished by rossi and his crew,..so everybody ( honda rider's) took advantage of that...but this time he ( the god) is with yam...i have seen clipping of 800cc prototype model of ducati, honda as well as yam.........ducati is as always looking muscular, torquier but stability is lacking, honda RC212V ( 800cc) prototype is looking strong but not like RC211V , it's tail end is very-very short, yam on the other hand is looking exactly like 990cc M1, handling is good but power delivery is lacking....now in feb when official testing will be there then only we will able to judge whose progess is on top......i
Old 30th October 2006, 19:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph
I believe Rossi would've been untouchable with a Honda. Performance vice Honda is far ahead of Yama.
Very true, but Yamaha are more focussed towards giving Vale what he wants on the bike, as compaed to Honda who actually use their riders as guinea pigs to try and make their bikes better for furthur races.

We remember the German dogfight this year, when Rossi blitzed from 11th on the track to 1st within the 1st 10 laps. He overtokk virtually all riders on turn 13.Why? B'coz Yamaha engineers said they set the bike up exactly the way Rossi wanted for turn 13, as he knew it was his forte, and the dividends payed off.

I also remember last year, when Hayden was asked just wht they tested on the RC211V before a race (dont remember which one it was).Hayden said something abt tyres and some other settings, but wasn't quite sure.
Yamaha on the other hand had a whole list of things to better traction, straight line speed etc.

Yamaha would never have done so well without Rossi, but at least they know how to make someone stick to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
But, if there is a silver lining to this, its that Rossi has found a new reason to stick with MotoGP. They said he was getting bored last year. Well, he sure has something to achieve in 2007.
Exactly...

@devsus, I have noticed the same abt Hayden too...But he is a normal animated American (I guess they all are that way). The way his mom and all were reacting, and the way he gives philosophical speeches after every race and talks abt all that went on in his life (Shan2nu is gonna kill me for this), and his over-the-top celebrations,etc....

Chill dude, 2007 and we'll have a blast again.

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 30th October 2006 at 19:24.
Old 30th October 2006, 19:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Very true, but Yamaha are more focussed towards giving Vale what he wants on the bike, as compaed to Honda who actually use their riders as guinea pigs to try and make their bikes better for furthur races.
Yamaha would never have done so well without Rossi, but at least they know how to make someone stick to them.
wah bhai wah! ,
kya baat kahi aapne, maaza aa gaya......yesterday (29) i was so....much disappointed .......seeing motogp ....but after seeing guys like u my confidence is now again high? very much thnx for ROSSI support....as well as building up my confidence..............

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks