Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2006, 00:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan considers joining F1 in 2008

The allure of Formula One is simply too hard to resist for most successful car manufacturers. Latest rumours suggest that Nissan might be joining the ranks, and according to an article in French newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche, the Japanese auto maker might do a deal with former team owner Alain Prost and be trackside as early as 2008.

This follows from previous reports that suggested that the successful Renault team might simply change its name to Nissan, and also news that Korea’s Hyundai might also be joining F1 in the near future. Nissan would be a very worthwhile addition to the F1 scene - the company has had a long string of successful performance cars over the years, and a Nissan F1 team would go nicely with the launch of the all new GTR, Nissan’s most formidable sports car.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/m...ng-f1-in-2008/
Old 1st November 2006, 00:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice piece of news.

But I honestly doubt it.

They already have Renault in F1 and who have achieved a lot. No point in Nissan also joining.
Old 1st November 2006, 18:04   #3
BHPian

I think the last spot is already taken by Prodrive. Nissan will have to buy out a team to enter F1 in 08, besides Renault is already there.
Old 5th November 2006, 14:11   #4
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia
I think the last spot is already taken by Prodrive. Nissan will have to buy out a team to enter F1 in 08, besides Renault is already there.
All slots for 2008 are filled. And the only team on sale was already sold this season... Midland became Spyker MF1. I really don't see a spot for Nissan.

Most Viewed