Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2017, 12:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - The 2018 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Hope they scrap the 3 PU rule, im sure most teams will be strategically taking a penalty and introducing a 4th PU into the pool anyway.
If all the teams agreed then they could all just take the 4th PU and engine and argue about being penalised. I hear Ferrari is blocking this?! What with them on the edge of being penalised with Vettel as he had almost used up all his units before this season got over.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

McLaren have reportedly signed 2 new sponsors, one of them being Petrobras.
Nice to see them back in demand. Hope the title/main sponsor slot gets filled up soon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
If all the teams agreed then they could all just take the 4th PU and engine and argue about being penalised. I hear Ferrari is blocking this?! What with them on the edge of being penalised with Vettel as he had almost used up all his units before this season got over.
Apparently the customers wanted cheaper PUs. So the manufacturers decide to lower the ones used to 3.

Last edited by Hatari : 27th November 2017 at 14:39.
Old 28th November 2017, 13:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Robert Kubica, who had a bad accident in 2011, has tested successfully in a 2017 Williams car at Abu Dhabi. The car was unchanged from the current specs, except for a change in the shift paddle that will allow both up and down shifts from the same paddle. Further, Williams chief technical officer Paddy Lowe said that the steering wheels buttons will also be customized according to Kubica's choice.

The test was part of an evaluation to check if the injuries of the F1 driver would cause an impediment while driving an F1 car. Earlier, Kubica had tested in 2014 and earlier this year in August with Renault in Hungary.

The Pole is in contention to replace Felipe Massa at Williams next season and race alongside Lance Stroll.

Formula 1 - The 2018 Season-kubica.jpg

Source - AutoSport
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 10:01   #79
Senior - BHPian

Where is Daniel Ricciardo headed ? Verstappen will be the no 1 at RedBull starting 2018.
Any updates on the driver lineup for 2018 ?
Old 1st December 2017, 10:52   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Where is Daniel Ricciardo headed ? Verstappen will be the no 1 at RedBull starting 2018.
Any updates on the driver lineup for 2018 ?
Ricciardo is contracted/confirmed to Red Bull for 2018. Speculation is for 2019 and beyond.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 17:14   #81
BHPian

Sauber confirms Leclerc & Ericsson for 2018
Source

Now only one seat is open at Williams, which most probably should go to Robert Kubica after his extensive post season testing at Abu Dhabi.

Formula 1 - The 2018 Season-line.jpg
Makin Rulesz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 09:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to see that the "Torpedo" has landed up at Ferrari. Danil Kyvat has been signed up as a development driver for Ferrari. Wonder what Vettel had to say about this.

I mean, they could have guys like the highly recommended Werhlien (not sure if being in the Mercedes programme rules him out) but then again Kyvat might be an attempt to bring a certain level of tension into the team and push their senior drivers.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 17th January 2018, 11:50   #83
BHPian

Russian racer Sergey Sirotkin has been confirmed as Williams F1 driver for 2018. Robert Kubica, who was the front runner for the this seat was signed as reserve driver.

Here is the final list of drivers
Formula 1 - The 2018 Season-f1.jpg
Source

Last edited by Makin Rulesz : 17th January 2018 at 11:57.
Old 20th January 2018, 13:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine who knows Karun chandok quite well was telling me that Star Sports aren't opting to show the F1 season this year. Star have bagged the IPL broadcasting rights for 5 years for a whopping sum and hence will not be keen on spending the extra for F1.

Does anyone know if the above is true?
Old 25th January 2018, 15:10   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
A friend of mine who knows Karun chandok quite well was telling me that Star Sports aren't opting to show the F1 season this year. Star have bagged the IPL broadcasting rights for 5 years for a whopping sum and hence will not be keen on spending the extra for F1.

Does anyone know if the above is true?
I guess the show goes on where the money calls..... If this is true then which channel will show F1, Ten sports or should we all say streaming zindabad.......
Old 25th January 2018, 15:11   #86
BHPian

Force India could reveal a new name at launch

Force India announced last year that they were keen to change the team’s name, dropping the India part in order to make them more globally appealing, If it happens it would be announced ahead of the launch/testing or at the launch.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/force-i...ame-at-launch/
sajands is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 10:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I guess the show goes on where the money calls..... If this is true then which channel will show F1, Ten sports or should we all say streaming zindabad.......
If its not Star Sports then definitely we will have to rely on streaming. I believe Hotstar shows the races. I haven't tried any of them yet.
Old 1st February 2018, 14:03   #88
BHPian

Alonso,according to Helmut Marko, part of Honda’s problems with the Red Bull advisor saying he tried “everything to make the engine look bad.”

http://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-...onda-look-bad/

Not sure if Alonso is to be blamed here.
Old 1st February 2018, 15:19   #89
BHPian

F1 to stop using grid girls from this season.

To quote from Sean Bratches --

“Over the last year we have looked at a number of areas which we felt needed updating so as to be more in tune with our vision for this great sport," said Sean Bratches, Managing Director, Commercial Operations at Formula 1.

"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grands Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms. We don’t believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world.”

BBC on interviewed a few grid girls and they seemed to love being there --http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/42890261

Me personally - I am on the fence with this. Whilst I am aware some may not appreciate the concept of grid girls, ring girls, etc, I have never felt there being anything wrong of models (men or woman), posing along pretty cars!
Old 1st February 2018, 16:36   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Whilst I am aware some may not appreciate the concept of grid girls, ring girls, etc, I have never felt there being anything wrong of models (men or woman), posing along pretty cars!
I think in most situations girls in such positions are subject to some form of Sexual coercion either from powers that be or anyone who can be near them or interact with them during the course of the event. In this age of MeToo and the scandals that are opening up all over the world, F1 is being prudent taking this step.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed