Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 10:52   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

F1 live screening - Where in your city?

Guys,

This is turning out to be the most exciting F1 season since...well, forever!

Let's get together & watch the races. Only question is: WHERE in your city are races screened? I don't see any options in Mumbai. There used to be a place called 'Chequered Flag' at Nariman Point where we used to get together when Team-BHP was a baby. It was a heck of a lot of fun, but the place has shut down.

Does anyone know of restaurants in Mumbai that screen? Places like Smaaash should?
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 13:35   #2
BHPian

Re: F1 live screening - Where in your city?

Oo, that's a good idea. However, this country doesn't really cherish any sports bars. I and a few friends have multiple times tried to catch Tennis epics and have mostly been disappointed. It's mostly cricket and football everywhere, though maybe if enough people can go on a raceday that doesn't conflict, we can get the place to switch.
ach1lles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 13:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
It's mostly cricket and football everywhere, though maybe if enough people can go on a raceday that doesn't conflict, we can get the place to switch.
Yeah man! F1 fans are like 3rd class citizens. The starved sports channel even took away the pre-race show discussing F1 & all the news highlights of the week.

But hey, the good news is, a friend knows the people at TBSE Parel. He said if there are 10 people (minimum), he'll play it on the big screen. 10 should be easy; 3 of us are already on (me & my brothers).
Old 1st June 2017, 21:00   #4
BHPian

Pebble Street, New friends colony in Delhi screens all the F1 races on the big screen. This place has got all the flags of different teams on there walls and F1 Sundays are absolutely awesome if you go to this place with all the like minded people who prefer to listen engine noise over the music
anubshar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 16:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Glad this thread has started. Would like to know if there are public screenings at any place in Bangalore. Sherlock Holmes used to play it back in the day but they have revamped the place to a upmarket pub now. Doubt they'll listen to our requests.

Would be great for a few of us bangloreans to catch up and watch a race live together too.
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:28   #6
BHPian

Live screening in Andheri, Mumbai

Time to BUMP up this thread now that the 2018 F1 season is right on our doorsteps.

There's a live screening happening in Mumbai, and it seems to be a properly organized one at that. Its in Andheri.
The guys behind the screening wish to make this a regular affair.

Link to Screening page: https://www.kasakaimumbai.com/event.php?event_id=1025

F1 live screening - Where in your city?-2018-aus-gp-screening-stables.jpg

Description taken from their page:
Quote:
The F1 season is back, MATE! That's right, the race to the Formula 1 championship flags off at Melbourne, Australia with the Australian Grand Prix on March 25, 2018.

While Lewis Hamilton hopes to be crowned as the champion for the 5th time, and Mercedes looks to capture its 3rd Constructor's Title in a row, the defending champ admits it will be no easy task. "I think Red Bull could be a real challenge this year. Their car looks great," said Hamilton. And he has admitted he would like to see multiple race winners in the first few races of 2018. "The more competition there is, the more fun it is to watch."

So, come join us and share your passion with fellow Formula 1 fans, as we bring the action from Melbourne to a screen near you. Experience the high-octane clash with the sound of engines revving on theatre-like speakers. Enjoy the very first race of this season with food, drinks and live commentary!

DEAL

1. Rs. 400 (Rs.100 to be paid online to reserve your spot, and rest Rs. 300 to be paid at the venue; inclusive of taxes) - Inclusive of 2 pints of beers/redeemable coupons worth Rs. 300.

2. If you don't book online tickets, you can walk-in at the venue and pay Rs. 600 (Rs. 500 redeemable over your bill).

Reserve now: https://www.kasakaimumbai.com/event.php?event_id=1025

Event Hosts: Kasa Kai Mumbai | The Stables

Experience Partner : RaceWorks
jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

In Ahmedabad, XS-Overland screens motorsports events on big screen. They screened Qatar Moto GP and going to screen Argentine Moto GP on 12th April. I confirmed with some friends, they are going to do the live screening of F1 this weekend. More details are available on their FB page.

Here are some extracts from XS Overland FB Page.

F1 live screening - Where in your city?-1.png

F1 live screening - Where in your city?-2.png

XS Overland.
PRL Colony, Thaltej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380054

Last edited by SJM1214 : 23rd March 2018 at 10:40. Reason: Address added.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
In Ahmedabad, XS Overland, they are going to do the live screening of F1 this weekend. More details are available on their FB page.
Here is the event on thier FB page.

F1 live screening - Where in your city?-screenshot_20180323143110.png

F1 live screening - Where in your city?-img20180323wa0018.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 15:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Does one need a special license or permit from Liberty Media to do such screenings? Just curious.
Old 7th April 2018, 08:54   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Does one need a special license or permit from Liberty Media to do such screenings? Just curious.
I think it's more of a 'don't ask and don't tell' kind of situation. Star Sports + Liberty Media should both be happy with the increased eyeballs, although the more organised players who insist on playing it by the rulebook might be procuring permission.
Old 7th April 2018, 10:11   #11
BHPian

Would anyone know on what channel the Bahrain GP is being telecast onTatasky? All that I see is IPL, IPL and entirely IPL on all Star sports Channels. The Australian GP how however telecast on the Start Sports Select Channel about fortnight ago.

If there is no telecast on Tatasky would anyone know of any live streaming sites?
Old 7th April 2018, 10:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Would anyone know on what channel the Bahrain GP is being telecast onTatasky? All that I see is IPL, IPL and entirely IPL on all Star sports Channels. The Australian GP how however telecast on the Start Sports Select Channel about fortnight ago.

If there is no telecast on Tatasky would anyone know of any live streaming sites?
It's on Star Sports 2 and Star Sports 2 HD

Live F1 - Main Race
Channel: Star Sports 2 HD
Time: Apr 8, 2018 8:35:00 PM

Main Race, Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain

Last edited by dmplog : 7th April 2018 at 10:48. Reason: Formatting
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 10:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
It's on Star Sports 2 and Star Sports 2 HD

Live F1 - Main Race
Channel: Star Sports 2 HD
Time: Apr 8, 2018 8:35:00 PM

Main Race, Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain
Thanks.

Edit: sorry, I was looking only at the Select. Thanks again.

Last edited by swissknife : 7th April 2018 at 10:53.
Old 20th April 2018, 09:51   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

At my first job as a copywriter, I used to write content for the 'Kingfisher Team F1' e-mailers. The KF brand used to organize screenings of each F1 race in several pubs across Bangalore. This was way back in 2001-02, much before Force India. The 'team F1' was simply a branding exercise to link KF beer and F1 events at places where people were more likely to buy one beer brand over another.

Anything of that sort (F1 screening) happening these days in Bangalore?

Last edited by am1m : 20th April 2018 at 09:54.
Old 20th April 2018, 14:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

I remember the "good old days" when Forum mall in Koramangala used to screen the F1 races in the atrium. I used to go there with my wife every race day to have lunch and watch the race.

Most Viewed