Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2017, 21:59   #46
BHPian

Re: F1: The 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Sorry, but what?? He's just a better driver in a better car. Part of being a wdc is "instigating" and the other part is not responding. Especially not like an angry ola driver.
Apart from that, the telemetry is in, so we all know what "instigation" occurred. Or didn't.
His for the taking? That's rich. . I remember when vettel had a consistent lap time advantage over Lewis. 2 seconds after the safety car, wasn't it?
If Vettel had not reacted to Hamilton the way he did and with the Merc having to do a unscheduled stop,the race was Vettel's.In a close season like this,more than the 3 point penalty ,its this loss of points which could be his biggest punishment - yet.
Old 29th June 2017, 19:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

At the finish line, Bottas got Stroll due to a 34km/hr diff in speed!
Stroll was doing only 311kmph.. Bottas 346.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...3760.html/amp/
Old 29th June 2017, 21:36   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Some sense
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-Viral+Content
Old 29th June 2017, 22:03   #49
BHPian

Its funny how,the British media in particular,is twisting this as further action against Vettel when the FIA has made it very clear what they are investigating - hightlighted in bold below.

A FIA statement said: “Following the recent incident at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix in which Car 5 (Sebastian Vettel) was involved in a collision with Car 44 (Lewis Hamilton), on Monday 3rd July, the FIA will further examine the causes on the incident in order to evaluate whether further action is necessary.A statement regarding the outcome of this process will be made available before the upcoming Austrian Grand Prix.”
Old 29th June 2017, 22:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, it is the lead driver's prerogative to manage his speed. If Lewis stopped, then !!

But I think there should be some honour among thieves. I think Lewis has none (his past record says so). So he almost invited Seb to hit him.
Sir - Your acrimony towards Hamilton is blinding you to the fact that Vettel was the offending party rather than Hamilton.

On integrity & fairness - Hamilton is way above drivers such as Michael schumacher, Alonso, Vettel (clashes with Webber). Questioning Hamiltons integrity based on your perception to come at a conclusion that Hamilton is at fault is preposterous.

Before you call me a Hamilton Fan Boy, i support Team Mclaren rather than drivers

Coming to the Baku incident, if you have seen the Telemetry graphs of both drivers Vettel & Hamilton, you can see it was Vettel who accelerated on turn 15 and hit Hamilton, where red mist took over and hit Hamilton on purpose.

I would also request you to go through the FIA F1 rules where it states when Safety Car lights are switched off for the restart lead car dictates the pace .

Its good news that FIA are launching an investigation on the same. Road Rage which Vettel exhibited is against the ethos of FIA Road Safety Campaign for which he needs to be punished effectively
Chalu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 06:00   #51
BHPian

F1: The 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix

For a moment I thought I was reading the official jokes thread in Team BHP.

Just to cite an example ,Didn't the FIA brand him a liar at Aus GP 2009 and strip him of all the points he scored there ?
Old 30th June 2017, 10:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Like I mentioned in my previous post, it was totally Vettel' fault. But it is time to move on from that incident. I am with Brundle and Button on this one!

Lewis' faulty headrest robbed him the win, and that's why Vettel finished the race ahead and the penalty looks lenient. Both are separate incidents.

The following is what Brundle had to say in his amazing column and I agree with him cent percent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brundle

Of the in-race penalties available to the Stewards they applied the most stern available, without black flagging him, with a 10-second stop-and-go penalty which means navigating the pit lane at 50 mph (80 kph) and stopping in your own pit box for 10 seconds, without work or fresh tyres. This meant he lost approaching 30 seconds and would go from first to fourth with a loss of 13 points.

If Vettel had put Hamilton in the wall at speed or damaged his car I think an exclusion or race ban would have been in order. He didn't force Hamilton off the track at high speed as we've seen some champions do, it was more of a slap at walking pace.

People talk about road rage and what would happen if they did such a thing but it's nothing to do with road driving, in the same way that doing 220 mph, spinning wheels, locking brakes, sliding sideways, running people wide in corners, blocking and bumping is also considered illegal on the road…

This is a world championship contest in a most extreme environment and there are no angels. And nor do we want any.

Vettel incorrectly thought Hamilton brake tested him, and he was desperate to stay close to the Mercedes because earlier restarts had left him vulnerable in the drag race to turn one. His reaction was irrational and alarming, but that's what sometimes happens when ultra competitive people are full of adrenaline.

I think the Stewards got it right; I wouldn't have disqualified him or banned him from the next race unless he took Hamilton out of Baku. But all in all, he should consider himself very lucky to be fourth and to have increased his championship lead.
source
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 16:17   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
For a moment I thought I was reading the official jokes thread in Team BHP.

Just to cite an example ,Didn't the FIA brand him a liar at Aus GP 2009 and strip him of all the points he scored there ?
Read through my post again, where did i say Hamliton is a perfect man.
When i read your comment it looks like you have axe to grind on Hamilton.

Also you need to understand the situation behind the Australian episode where he was tutored to say those things by Mclaren's Dave Ryan who was fired later.

When you compare to the drivers which i have called out comparing to Hamilton, he has got better integrity than them.

I have been following F1 now over 2 decades, i have observed one thing no other driver bar Hamliton brings out the strong negative emotions out of people.
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:46   #54
BHPian

Amazing race! Hamilton can really get under the nerves of anyone and it will be great to see him and Vettel for the rest of the year. I seriously hope someone gets Alonso into a competitive car next year and then the trio will surely keep the viewers entertained.

Assuming Hamilton brake tested Vettel, he really overreacted and that cost him the race. But hey, that's racing!
Old 4th July 2017, 07:28   #55
BHPian

FIA has closed the Baku incident case after Vettel apologized.

F1: The 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix-dd1xbdhxgaeqsex.jpg

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...logy--fia.html

The FIA's statement in full:

Quote:
Following an incident at the recent Azerbaijan Grand Prix involving a collision between Car 5 (Sebastian Vettel) and Car 44 (Lewis Hamilton), Sebastian Vettel was today invited to attend a meeting at the FIA’s Paris headquarters. He was accompanied by his Team Principal Maurizio Arrivabene. He reviewed the incident together with a panel comprised of FIA Deputy President for Sport Graham Stoker, FIA General Secretary for Sport Peter Bayer, FIA Formula One World Championship Race Director Charlie Whiting and FIA Formula One World Championship Deputy Race Director and FIA Safety Director Laurent Mekies.

During the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, stewards officiating at the event issued a 10-second stop-and-go penalty to Sebastian Vettel, the most severe penalty immediately applicable before displaying a black flag notice to the driver. Sebastian Vettel also had three penalty points applied to his FIA Superlicence, taking his current total to nine.

However, while respecting the Stewards’ decision, the FIA remained deeply concerned by the wider implications of the incident, firstly through the impact such behaviour may have on fans and young competitors worldwide and secondly due to the damage such behaviour may cause to the FIA’s image and reputation of the sport.

Following detailed discussion and further examination of video and data evidence related to the incident, Sebastian Vettel admitted full responsibility.

Sebastian Vettel extended his sincere apologies to the FIA and the wider motor sport family. He additionally committed to devote personal time over the next 12 months to educational activities across a variety of FIA championships and events, including in the FIA Formula 2 Championship, the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, at an FIA Formula 4 Championship to be defined and at the FIA Stewards’ seminar. Due to this incident, President Jean Todt instructed that no road safety activities should be endorsed by Sebastian Vettel until the end of this year.

The FIA notes this commitment, the personal apology made by Sebastian Vettel and his pledge to make that apology public. The FIA also notes that Scuderia Ferrari is aligned with the values and objectives of the FIA.

In light of these developments, FIA President Jean Todt decided that on this occasion the matter should be closed.

Nevertheless, in noting the severity of the offence and its potential negative consequences, FIA President Todt made it clear that should there be any repetition of such behaviour, the matter would immediately be referred to the FIA International Tribunal for further investigation.

Commenting on the outcome of today’s meeting, FIA President Jean Todt said: “Top level sport is an intense environment in which tempers can flare. However, it is the role of top sportsmen to deal with that pressure calmly and to conduct themselves in a manner that not only respects the regulations of the sport but which befits the elevated status they enjoy.

“Sportsmen must be cognisant of the impact their behaviour can have on those who look up to them. They are heroes and role models and to millions of fans worldwide and must conduct themselves accordingly.”

Last edited by jfxavier : 4th July 2017 at 07:33.
jfxavier is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 19:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
<snip>

Also you need to understand the situation behind the Australian episode where he was tutored to say those things by Mclaren's Dave Ryan who was fired later.
We are talking about adults here and since "integrity" is brought into the discussion, it was up to Hamilton to say the truth. Little kids can be tutored into lying, if an adult is persuaded into lying then its has the adult's consent, it is clear lack of integrity. Throwing Ryan under the bus and Hamilton's complicity in letting Ryan go just does not constitute integrity.

Quote:
When you compare to the drivers which i have called out comparing to Hamilton, he has got better integrity than them.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/06/1...ut-keeps-pole/

Mr. Integrity obeys team orders when it is in his favour. He has no problem in tweeting his team's sensitive telemetry data though http://en.espn.co.uk/mclaren/motorsp...ory/87777.html

Quote:
I have been following F1 now over 2 decades, i have observed one thing no other driver bar Hamliton brings out the strong negative emotions out of people.
I'd say Schumi got even more. Hamilton brings in a lot of strong negative emotions because of his words and actions. Here is a list for his first 5 years.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/11/0...stewards-fair/

This is just the F1 list, off-track stuff is also pretty juicy. It will take some years to forget the "the monkeys at the back" remarks. How many drivers in the present grid has race results excluded or been shown a black and white flag? These are serious violations and we had often seen Hamilton get off lightly for many infractions.
sun_king is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks