Team-BHP - Formula One: Maserati could be the next sponsor for Haas F1
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Formula One: Maserati could be the next sponsor for Haas F1 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/193234-formula-one-maserati-could-next-sponsor-haas-f1.html)

Maserati could be re-entering Formula One as the sponsor for Haas F1 Team. Reports reveal that talks are going on between Gene Haas, owner and FCA president, Sergio Marchionne over the same.

The American team is self-funded since the last two years in F1. In their debut 2016 season, drivers Romain Grosjean and Esteban Gutierrez could get 29 points in total and the team was 8th in the constructor's standings. In 2017, Kevin Magnussen replaced Gutierrez. The team stood 8th on the constructor's leaderboard with 47 points in total.

Recently, Alfa Romeo returned to F1 as title sponsor of the Sauber F1 Team. Now, another FCA brand is entering into F1. Both the companies will be working with teams powered by Ferrari engines. Maserati had earlier participated in Formula One during 1940-1960 and Juan Manuel Fangio won the 1957 world driver's championship in a Maserati 250F.

Formula One: Maserati could be the next sponsor for Haas F1-img_4110.jpg

Source - AutoWeek

Link to the Team-BHP News

I hope to see both Alfa and Maserati as engine suppliers. We need a few more mills. Both of them can give Merc and Ferrari a run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4319956)
I hope to see both Alfa and Maserati as engine suppliers. We need a few more mills. Both of them can give Merc and Ferrari a run.

They won't give Ferrari a run for sure as both are part of the FCA Group, and Ferrari will always be the crown jewel. Both are also too small to be engine suppliers IMHO.

First Alfa Romeo and now Maserati.

Wonder if its Sergio Marchionne trying to throw his full weight in the negotiations with Liberty Media for Ferrari.

Haas always had the support of Ferrari right from the team's inception. But branding it Maserati is taking it to the next level.

Likewise, Sauber has had a great relation with Ferrari for many years now. And it went a bit weak with the proposed Honda partnership for 2018 before FCA stepping in with another legendary brand in Alfa Romeo.

To me, it looks like Mercedes will side with Ferrari in dealing with Liberty Media as both of them have similar goals and objectives. And with Alfa Romeo and Maserati into the fore, the American mass media company is up against a very strong group of men and their teams!

Let's wait and see how this evolves. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4319956)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4320231)
They won't give Ferrari a run for sure as both are part of the FCA Group, and Ferrari will always be the crown jewel. Both are also too small to be engine suppliers IMHO.

True, Ferrari will be official engine suppliers for Sauber the coming season, and Alfa's role is being the title sponser.
Alfa are not selling enough cars to have the funds to develop the F1 engine(which lets be honest is ridiculously complicated and expensive).

When Sergio Marchionne (CEO of both FCA and Ferrari and the person responsible for the Alfa name to return to F1) was asked if it will be embarrassing if Alfa compete with Ferrari for race wins at the top of the table, for which he replied in a stern voice "I'll be supporting Ferrari". Which means it'll never make an engine and will remain as a junior to Ferrari.