Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2018, 17:35   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hitting the Apex - Must watch documentary on MotoGP

Can't believe 'Hitting the Apex' doesn't have its own thread on Team-BHP. It's easily on par with Rush & Senna.

I'm more of an F1 guy than MotoGP, but have always been in awe of motorcycle racing. Saw 'Hitting the Apex' on the Tata Sky schedule and recorded it.

Watched it last night. Oh my God , what a brilliant documentary on MotoGP. Brad Pitt's narration is a bonus.

Do watch, even if you aren't into motorcycles. You'll end up fascinated.

GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 18:41   #2
BHPian

Re: Hitting the Apex - Must watch documentary on MotoGP

Totally concur with GTO. It is such an amazing experience into MotoGP world and what every rider goes through to be at their peak level.

Also, the way they have detailed the change in posture of Valentino Rossi based on advancements in bikes and passing years is stunning. In the same way, they have also covered Dani Pedrosa's style. This documentary is absolute watch for us enthusiasts.

To me the star of the documentary is Marco Simoncelli.
varunswnt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 23:24   #3

Fascinating stuff with some great slow motion videos that can make you feel the adrenaline rush. Must watch for every moto enthusiast.
saks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 09:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can't believe 'Hitting the Apex' doesn't have its own thread on Team-BHP. It's easily on par with Rush & Senna.
Well said!

'Hitting the Apex' is actually the third movie of the series if I'm not mistaken.

The first one which came out was Faster (2003) - This was the first movie that brought Moto GP into the limelight.

The second one was Fastest (2011).

All these movies are just brilliant and cover the essence of racing, and also show the emotions and hardships behind every race.
Omkar is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 11:36   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Totally concur with GTO. It is such an amazing experience into MotoGP world and what every rider goes through to be at their peak level.
Even as an F1 fan, I'll be the first to admit that MotoGP is more exciting . After seeing this documentary, I'm thinking of watching a couple of races this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
'Hitting the Apex' is actually the third movie of the series if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks! Added to my watching list.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 12:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

I realized the brilliance of Moto GP after watching Fastest and Hitting the Apex around two years ago. The narration, the background score, the visuals the editing are all in absolute harmony in both these movies.

Our respect for these champions, who put their lives on the line each time they don their helmets goes one step higher after watching them.

I especially love the first 10 minutes of Fastest, and have watched them way too many times. My wife has got so bored of this scene, and also knows that I cannot be disturbed for those few minutes and hence simply chooses to ignore me while I am watching it
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 15:57   #7
Zed
BHPian

I watched 'H-T-A' on board a fight early last yr and was an opportunity to update myself on the current two wheel racing scene. I was an avid GP 500 and W-SBK fan during the late 90's/ early 2000's. That was the time when legends like Mick Doohan (#1 in my book)and Max Biaggi were passing the baton to Rossi, Colin Edwards and the likes. H-T-A is an absolute must watch for a petrolhead
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 13:55   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. Although I don't follow either MotoGP or F1, H-T-A reminded me a lot of the movie Senna, especially due to the tragic death of Simoncelli.

And I concur, this has sparked an interest, I will try to catch a few races from the earlier seasons.
Old 16th January 2018, 15:12   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one heck of a documentary. I have downloaded a copy of it and have watched it multiple times. It also shows the how MotoGP has evolved. Many riders have come and gone, but the one old man is still fighting it out.

A must watch for Motogp Lovers and otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Even as an F1 fan, I'll be the first to admit that MotoGP is more exciting . After seeing this documentary, I'm thinking of watching a couple of races this year.
After watching a couple, you will sure get addicted to it and watch almost every race. I subscribe to the Video pass every year to watch even the Free Practice sessions

Last edited by nkrishnap : 16th January 2018 at 15:14.
Old 16th January 2018, 16:11   #10
BHPian

I watched it a couple of times on TV. It felt nice that such niche documentaries are still shown on TV
Old 17th January 2018, 12:17   #11
BHPian

Have a copy of this on my mobile. Used to watch it almost daily in my bus commute, never got bored. The documentary brings many facets which otherwise remain unseen.

The closure of the documentary is really amazing, that of the torch as a respect to Sic.

A true "must watch" for any motor sport aficionado.
Old 17th January 2018, 12:33   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the recommendation. I watched this last night and it has surely sparked my interest in Moto GP. There are some parts that I couldn't understand because they were either in Spanish or Italian, but otherwise completely engrossing documentary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks