Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who, do you think, will lift the MotoGP 2018 crown?
Marc Marquez 15 31.25%
Andrea Dovizioso 8 16.67%
Maverick Vinales 2 4.17%
Dani Pedrosa 1 2.08%
Valentino Rossi 20 41.67%
Jorge Lorenzo 2 4.17%
Any others (Please specify)? 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2018, 12:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2018 MotoGP Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Here's a nice interview of Marquez. About his riding style, his future team-mate and biggest competitor, and his favourite.

Source : http://www.motogp.com/en/in+the+medi...lentino/270136
A journalist asked Marquez in the press conference if he will make peace with Valentino. He said he has no problem and then asked to shake Rossi's hand.

Rossi refused.

The 2018 MotoGP Championship-valentinorossiyamahafactor.jpg

And then Marc goes,

The 2018 MotoGP Championship-valentinorossiyamahafactor1.jpg

Almost as if to say, "What can I do?"

Later, Marc said to Spanish media:

Quote:
"From my side there’s no problem," he said. "I’m happy, there’s no problem. Back then I accepted what I had to accept. It’s okay, life goes on. Nobody is irreplaceable here."

Rossi,

Quote:
For his part, Rossi told Italian media: "Our relationship is not important. It's our business, end of story."
Lorenzo had some harsh words for Rossi and some advice for his Spanish compatriot,

Quote:
"I think they’re both wrong," he told Spanish media when asked for his take on the Rossi-Marquez situation.

"Rossi for not wanting to shake Marc’s hand and for behaving like a little child, and especially because he had the chance to show the fans that they shouldn’t be booing a rider on the podium who didn’t do anything to deserve that.

"On the other hand, I think Marquez cares too much about what Valentino says or does.

"He just needs to move on and let it go. He just needs to keep doing what he does and let it go. Period. But that’s just my opinion, people can do or say whatever they want."

I guess Marquez's objective was just to show that he is okay with Rossi but Rossi isn't okay with him.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 7th September 2018 at 12:09.
Old 8th September 2018, 19:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Lorenzo takes back to back pole for the first time in two years. Lorenzo Miller and Vinales make up the top row for Misano.
Old 9th September 2018, 12:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Very eager to see how Vinales fares from the first row of the grid since he has such a hard time at the start of races.

Marquez provided a lot of entertainment in yesterday's qualifying sessions:

Took a tumble, got onto a scooter, ran through his garage, got onto this second bike and got back out again!

Then said he had a small stone in his eye during his last run which prevented him from being able to concentrate 100%.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...ye-after-crash
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 15:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Marquez looked in ominous form in warm up , it will be interesting race with lots of racers in the play. The long run was impressive compared to Ducati's, who struggled to put half number of laps as Marque on single used set.
Old 9th September 2018, 16:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Massive accident in Moto3 on the opening lap.

The 2018 MotoGP Championship-screenshot-10.png

https://streamable.com/k59ws

The only noteworthy injury is a fractured wrist. But it could have been much, much worse.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 9th September 2018 at 16:15.
Old 9th September 2018, 18:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

That was masterful from Dovi. He just managed the race so well. Clearly Ducati is the one to beat, and Marquez has managed to stay close to them. If not win, he just needs podiums to win the championship. Late mistake by Lorenzo promoted Marquez and Crutchlow to 2nd and 3rd. This was 112th podium for Marquez across all classes. Looking at the Ducati pace, it's unreal that Marquez leads championship by 67 points.
Dovizioso moves to second in championship.
Old 9th September 2018, 23:19   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Fenati deservers a life ban for his stupid antics of grabbing the brakes of another bike. Just ridiculous. 2 race ban is nothing, deserves a couple of years ban if not a life ban.

Masterful ride from Dovi. Lorenzo was pushing too much chasing Dovi, it could have been a Ducati 1-2. Yamahas are struggling big time. 1+ second of the race pace is poor at best.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 23:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fenati deservers a life ban for his stupid antics of grabbing the brakes of another bike. Just ridiculous. 2 race ban is nothing, deserves a couple of years ban if not a life ban.
And this isn't the first time he's thrown a tantrum on track. He "kicked" someone 3 years ago. Eventually dumped from the Sky VR46 team due to bad behaviour.

The 2018 MotoGP Championship-fenati-1.jpg

And now grabs a handful of front brake of another rider during the race!

The 2018 MotoGP Championship-fenati-2.jpg

Crutchlow has called for a life ban on Fenati - and he probably deserves it too!

Last edited by manson : 24th October 2018 at 08:46.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 19:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Well, the inevitable has happened. Fenati's current team (Marinelli Snipers Team) has sacked him.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ed-brake-lever

And his future team MV Agusta, have also sacked him:
https://www.autosport.com/moto2/news...-2019-contract
Old 10th September 2018, 21:38   #40
BHPian

For me the Man of the Race was Lorenzo. I mean in the last 3 races at least, he has shown that he is the only one who can hold a candle to Marc right now.

Generally in current Marc's form, on a given day if he is not on the best bike, if he gets into a fight I wouldn't still put my money on anybody else beating him. But boy Lorenzo has shown some real fire.

I agree he has got nothing to loose and is very motivated to prove that it was not him but the bike. But I am mighty pleased to see somebody at least taking the fight to Marc. I have not been the biggest Lorenzo supporters for the last 2-3 years, but this Lorenzo is awesome. Cant wait to see the next year unfold when they are teammates.

Excellent race by Dovi and he seems to be gaining some confidence back, which I think he lost when Lorenzo got back to back better results.

A very good race by Marc too. He kept his calm and didn't get too carried away. This mature side of his is really dangerous.

Rachit
Old 11th September 2018, 08:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Last race summed up in a single image, kind of who had last laugh. Source: social media forward

The 2018 MotoGP Championship-misanogp.jpg
Old 24th September 2018, 00:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic race. That's how a race should be. Top 4 within 1 second ! Great ride by both Suzuki riders, finishing 3rd and 4th.
Again Marquez and Dovizioso going toe to toe for the win. This time Marquez coming on top, breaking the winning habit of Ducati, and extending his lead to 72 points.
Unfortunately Lorenzo crashed, otherwise it would have been more interesting.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 14:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Now with this win at Aragon, Marc has a commanding lead of 72 points in the championship. With only 5 races remaining, it would take a foolish man to bet against him winning this years title.
Was a slow burner this race, not much happening initially and then the last few laps happened. From my perspective, Marc rode a very intelligent race. He tailed Dovi comfortably and overtook him when the Duc's rear was worn.
Did not expect Marc's soft tire to last but it did. Strange right! Cal is usually found saying that Honda cannot use the front, as it turns to jelly after a handful of laps. I think thats for the fronts, but still great to see Honda go with options other than hards at both ends.
Yamaha's woes don't seem to end. Rossi again using the media to poke and prod the Yamaha management into action. Very happy to see the Suzuki at the pointy end, also with Dani - he showed some signs of hitting his form atleast in the initial laps where he was very close to the Suzuki boys. Well done also to Aleix Espargaro, he's matched his best on the Aprilia.

The next round is in Buriram, Thailand - a new addition to this years calendar. Can't wait!
Old 24th September 2018, 15:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Yamaha's woes don't seem to end. Rossi again using the media to poke and prod the Yamaha management into action.
When Lorenzo left Yamaha, the Yamaha was definitely one of the best bikes on the grid along with the Honda. Ducati were occasional winners at circuits with very long straights.

He moves to Ducati and the Ducati gets a lot better across all circuits while Yamaha progress seems to have stagnated.

EDIT: Time gained over the race at Aragon in 2018 vs 2017:
Honda - 10s
Ducati - 12s
Suzuki - 30s

Yamaha? 1s. (Source)

Could it be that Lorenzo does a really good job at developing the bike.

Ducati CEO:
Quote:
we have understood a great deal about the bike. A lot of the work we've done is the result of theories he brought to the table
Source: MotoGP, Domenicali: "Lorenzo has made an extraordinary technical contribution

If so, very intrigued to see what he brings to Honda next year.

Also, Lorenzo is blaming Marquez for his crash at Aragon - MotoGP, Lorenzo attacks Márquez: "He needs to apologise

Quote:
I realise that from the outside looking in you can’t understand the way he overtook me, but we two know how it went – he pointed out – All you see from the outside is that he went into the turn wide, but in all actuality, he made a sly move, like a block going into the corner. At that moment, he thought that I could lose a lot of positions and then he opened the throttle too wide.

Marc knows very well how he behaved, and I hope he comes to apologise, because if he doesn’t, I’ll be forced to race in a way that I don’t like to. Races are not won on the first corner and he knows that well. I hope he apologises, because in addition to the fracture on my foot, he ruined the upcoming races for me.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 24th September 2018 at 15:50.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 16:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Could it be that Lorenzo does a really good job at developing the bike.
That seems to be the theory, and it seems quite plausible. Augurs well for the Honda as it seems like only one rider seems to be able ride it as of now- Marc Marquez.
It will take time for 99 to figure out how to ride the Honda, but I am fairly confident that Honda will provide the necessary technical goods for him to succeed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks