Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 15:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Andhra Pradesh signs up as sponsor for Swiss Moto2 team

The state of Andhra Pradesh has signed up as the official sponsor for a Swiss Moto2 team CGBM Evolution for the 2018 season.

Andhra Pradesh signs up as sponsor for Swiss Moto2 team-cgbmevolutionsamlowesikerlecuonafredcorminboeuf3.jpg

CGBM Evolution recently unveiled their bikes for the 2018 Moto2 championship. The 2018 bikes sport Andhra Pradesh's 'Sunrise State' livery in white, green and black colours. The bikes also have the logo of Hyderabad-based pharmaceuticals company Dr. Reddy's.

Andhra Pradesh signs up as sponsor for Swiss Moto2 team-cgbmevolution2.jpg

It has been reported that the team's primary sponsor Olivier Metraux was no longer interested in supporting the team. CGBM Evolution decided to take a different approach to keep the team afloat. Thus, a crowdfunding campaign was launched to bring in new sponsors.

Andhra Pradesh signs up as sponsor for Swiss Moto2 team-cgbmevolution.jpg

The team will run KTM bikes and has registered for this season by the name - Swiss Innovative Investors.com KTM Team. KTM replaces the Honda-powered Kalex Moto2 machine. Last season, the KTM bikes made it to the podium twelve times. CGBM Evolution has signed up Sam Lowes who raced in the premier class MotoGP last year with Aprilia. He will return to Moto2 this year and will ride alongside the 18-year-old, Iker Lecuona.

Andhra Pradesh signs up as sponsor for Swiss Moto2 team-cgbmevolution3.jpg

Source: DriveSpark

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Andhra Pradesh signs up as sponsor for Swiss Moto2 team

I am confused - is this a group of individuals providing sponsorship under the 'Andhra Pradesh' name, or is it the state govt of Andhra Pradesh itself?

When I read the title I first (wrongly) assumed it was the state - and by extension the State Government (and was all ready to mount my moral high horse about taxpayer money), until I read the sentence about a crowdfunding campaign . But then the source article mentions the "state of AP" and the sunrise state decals, so that has me confused.

If it is individuals crowdfunding, then more power to them. However, if it is the state government itself doing this using taxpayer funds (i.e. the only funds they have access to), I would ask if such a focused investment is in the best interests of the state. As a petrolhead, this is great news, but if I were a taxpayer in the state, I might not be best pleased. Ad campaigns might be a wider-reaching means of drumming up interest in tourism.

Last edited by arunphilip : 12th February 2018 at 16:23.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 10:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I am confused - is this a group of individuals providing sponsorship under the 'Andhra Pradesh' name, or is it the state govt of Andhra Pradesh itself?

When I read the title I first (wrongly) assumed it was the state - and by extension the State Government (and was all ready to mount my moral high horse about taxpayer money), until I read the sentence about a crowdfunding campaign . But then the source article mentions the "state of AP" and the sunrise state decals, so that has me confused.

If it is individuals crowdfunding, then more power to them. However, if it is the state government itself doing this using taxpayer funds (i.e. the only funds they have access to), I would ask if such a focused investment is in the best interests of the state. As a petrolhead, this is great news, but if I were a taxpayer in the state, I might not be best pleased. Ad campaigns might be a wider-reaching means of drumming up interest in tourism.
AP Govt has no role into it.
Abbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 11:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
AP Govt has no role into it.
But can a group of individuals use the state name and logo without the permission of the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
However, if it is the state government itself doing this using taxpayer funds (i.e. the only funds they have access to), I would ask if such a focused investment is in the best interests of the state.
As a general trend - we are used to seeing governments use taxpayer funds to promote their particular achievements / party / face itself, irrespective of the party. Even if the government is involved in this case - I'm glad that they are just promoting the state name and nothing more.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th February 2018 at 11:10.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 11:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But can a group of individuals use the state name and logo without the permission of the government?.
I believe there will be a MoU between the state of AP and the Swiss Moto2 team! Our Chief minister Mr. Chandra Babu Naidu is struggling hard to promote the brand AP and he leaves no stone un-turned.

Given the CM's track records, I am sure this is done in the best interest of the state to promote the brand AP and attract some investments form Swiss.
Recently during the world economic forum meet in Davo's there were special buses on the roads of Davo's promoting brand AP.

Here is the youtube link

Last edited by Naveen_0181 : 13th February 2018 at 11:54.
Naveen_0181 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks