Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 11:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Communications launches F1 TV mobile app

Tata Communications is the official connectivity provider for Formula 1. The company has now introduced a new F1 mobile app, which will enable fans to follow the racing action live on their smartphones.

Tata Communications launches F1 TV mobile app-f1-tv-mobile-app.jpg

With the F1 TV mobile app, fans can watch practice and qualifying sessions as well as the action on the race day live. The app offers users to choose from 20 driver cameras in addition to on and off-track footage. Press conferences and pre and post race interviews can also be viewed through this app.

F1 TV Pro - a premium version of the app will be available in more than two dozen countries including Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, Belgium, Austria, Hungary and other Latin American countries. A subscription to F1 TV Pro costs around US$70-120 per year. F1 TV Access - a light version of the app will be available in almost all countries around the world.

Late last year, Tata Communications had successfully tested a 360-degree camera, which is supposed to be introduced in the 2018 season. Further, the company had also demonstrated the lag-free OTT(over-the-top) service back in 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 12:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Communications launches F1 TV mobile app

Good move. Most of the times, the races are not broadcast on HD channels on TV - most channels cover cricket. At one time, I have seen 4-6 channels showing the same cricket match but no F1. Further, with different views, I'm sure it will be a more interactive experience for the viewer. Channels will also start broadcasting races just 5-10 mins before the lights go out, making us miss some fun banter pre-race.

Not sure if it will be available in India, but I'll be very keen to try this out.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:22   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
With the F1 TV mobile app, fans can watch practice and qualifying sessions as well as the action on the race day live. The app offers users to choose from 20 driver cameras in addition to on and off-track footage. Press conferences and pre and post race interviews can also be viewed through this app.
The new F1 management sure is more tech-friendly than Ecclestone who lived in the stone age. Just see the kind of fabulous content & race highlights they share on YouTube.

I won't be using this app as, for me, races = big screen. But still, good to watch on the move (although Hot Star already offers that).

Suggestion: PLEASE offer Chromecast support. Starved (Star) Sports doesn't consistently show post-race interviews, hence we can switch to the app for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Good move. Most of the times, the races are not broadcast on HD channels on TV
Races are always shown on HD. It's just that, when there is a more popular sports event, F1 is moved to another channel.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/n...india-1010242/

I think its not available in India, yet!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 16:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

TATA Communications - How can you forget your people at home?

I got news from a reliable source that Star Sports may not show F1 as they have bagged the IPL deal. So races from April to end of May may not be aired as Star for some reasons love to keep showing highlights over and over again (they currently are most of the day). Hope Star sports have a heart doesn't can F1.

Does Hotstar show the races LIVE?? I tried a couple time last year but nothing was on.

As GTO says, Chromecast support would be amazing if TATA does involve India in its race stream app.

Amazon prime seems to be showing NFL on their Indian app. I wonder if they would be open to bagging F1 rights. Not like they need it to be a revenue generating module.
Old 5th March 2018, 18:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
TATA Communications - How can you forget your people at home?

I got news from a reliable source that Star Sports may not show F1 as they have bagged the IPL deal. So races from April to end of May may not be aired as Star for some reasons love to keep showing highlights over and over again (they currently are most of the day). Hope Star sports have a heart doesn't can F1.

Does Hotstar show the races LIVE?? I tried a couple time last year but nothing was on.

As GTO says, Chromecast support would be amazing if TATA does involve India in its race stream app.

Amazon prime seems to be showing NFL on their Indian app. I wonder if they would be open to bagging F1 rights. Not like they need it to be a revenue generating module.
I hope HotStar still broadcasts the races this season too. Any news that they would not be doing it this year? The stream on HotStar is 5 minutes behind but it worked well for me. I used it for the entire season last year. A plus is that I also get to see the full race later if I cannot catch them live for some reason.

Could not find any info or link to the F1 TV Pro site or app other than media reports. Here is the list of countries where it is available. It seems that the primary intent is to reach those countries and audiences where the possibility of networks taking up broadcast rights is relatively less due to lack of interest in F1.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 5th March 2018 at 18:46.
Old 12th March 2018, 16:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

India isn't listed so far on the F1 TV Pro. However, there is a "show interest" section in the bottom. I reckon if plenty of us from India show interest and fill in the data they are asking for it maybe launched here in India as well.

It does also say that initially it will be available on laptops and desktops only with future app launch and streaming launch with the help of amazon and apple.

Good news is that someone who is responsible for tv programming and content on Star Sports confirms that F1 will be available in HD on Star Sports. It could be on their premiere HD channel.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 12:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Mclaren-Honda announced Star Sports India as corporate partner last year. If this partnership is still on then I am sure Star Sports will telecast all the races live this year.

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/par...orate-partner/

Star Sports has following channels. Star Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 and Star Sports HD1, HD2, HD3 and HD4 and Star Sports Select HD1 & HD2. Live races can be telecasted on at least one of the channel.
Old 15th March 2018, 18:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Mclaren-Honda announced Star Sports India as corporate partner last year. If this partnership is still on then I am sure Star Sports will telecast all the races live this year.

https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/par...orate-partner/

Star Sports has following channels. Star Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 and Star Sports HD1, HD2, HD3 and HD4 and Star Sports Select HD1 & HD2. Live races can be telecasted on at least one of the channel.
Yes Star Sports will be telecasting them LIVE. Good news for us all! The F1 TV Pro seems to be a better prospect. Hope our homegrown Tata software/Communications will be kind to its fellow countrymen and give us an opportunity to subscribe to their TV app.

The article you attached with your post is from 31st May, 2017. The IPL bid for Star Sports was won much later in the year. I think around September, 2017.
Old 10th January 2020, 09:54   #10
BHPian

I downloaded the F1 TV app and it gives me an option to subscribe monthly at 189 and yearly at 1649. I’m going to try monthly and see if I can get the races live on this starting in march
Old 10th January 2020, 11:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I downloaded the F1 TV app and it gives me an option to subscribe monthly at 189 and yearly at 1649. I’m going to try monthly and see if I can get the races live on this starting in march
F1 TV app is good if you want to see live timings, telemetry, team radio and other information. The app is glitchy and have had hard times with it when I subscribed it in 2018. Not sure if it is any better now.

If not, better subscribe to Hotstar VIP at 365/annum which will provide live streaming of all F1 races and qualifying in HD.
For live timing, I use https://f1.tfeed.net/ which provides live timing, circuit animation, tyre data and other info. This website is free to use.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 23:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I downloaded the F1 TV app and it gives me an option to subscribe monthly at 189 and yearly at 1649. I'm going to try monthly and see if I can get the races live on this starting in march

I don't think you can watch races live in this app, at least not in India. This only provides you live timing and related information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks